Community Ambassador Trophy

chry

Understood that currently no. Latest events season ended in July 2019. Problem is that developer has applied extremely tight-lipped attitude towards release of future seasons. It's always been bit scary to wait if they indeed will release new one. There usually has been two months gap between seasons, so IF there will be new one, it should come out around September 2019.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strangely couple post later totallycrushed mentions that these new events wouldn't currently be visible on PS4? :think:

totallycrushed at psnprofiles [LINK]:

It seems that PS4 does not have the new events. I'll keep an eye out on the situation and ask around where I can if it's an error or have they stopped supporting the PS4 version.

• 1 month later...

It's sad that Slightly Mad Studios had killed this magnifiscent racing game... they could have released a patch that installs the Community Events as a DLC which permanently becomes part of the game. I'm still hopeful that the devs would do something about this, so the game can carry on being a delight especially to new fans.

• 5 weeks later...

Over the years have never seen a single response from SMS on this issue, even at their own forums. I mean confirmation how long they will support the game. It was always cold sweat time after every "season", whether there will be new events unlocked. Maybe now that SMS is subsidiary of Codemasters, they will shape up their attitude towards community. Maybe...

Additionally with Project Cars 3 right around corner, sadly it's highly unlikely that any change/patch on this would be worked for Project Cars. Or new events to be released any more. Seems like, after multiple scares, the PS4 support has now finally ended.

Edited by CountKarloff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Naps said:

Still nothing regarding the community events? Damn this is similar to GTAV's Run Like The Wind trophy.  So who's fault is this? CapCON or Slightly Mad Studios?

They've been back since last week lol. 26 events scheduled, 1 is finished and the second is currently underway. Better get started asap!

6 minutes ago, Djeheuty said:

So is the Plat achievable starting the game now? Do you know which day of the week the events switch over?

Yeah the plat will be achievable now. I only bought and started the game myself since news of the events coming back happened last week. I think they change either on a Sunday or a Monday, I'm not 100% sure but it's easy to check out in-game anyway. If you're going for the trophy then it will take something like 3 months to do. You need to do 20 events in all for the trophy and there's 26 events scheduled although the first one is now over and there's only a few days left to do the second one. If you're planning to do it then I would get started asap

5 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah the plat will be achievable now. I only bought and started the game myself since news of the events coming back happened last week. I think they change either on a Sunday or a Monday, I'm not 100% sure but it's easy to check out in-game anyway. If you're going for the trophy then it will take something like 3 months to do. You need to do 20 events in all for the trophy and there's 26 events scheduled although the first one is now over and there's only a few days left to do the second one. If you're planning to do it then I would get started asap

I got a used copy earlier today but incurred in the bug where the menu is locked even after downloading D1 patch so I couldn’t check. Only one quick race was available and I made the mistake to play that race and a couple of trophies already unlocked. At this point I think I'll end up purchasing the digital copy to start working on this trophy asap. I heard that in the past a few events were accessible only if you had the DLC so I guess the GOTY Edition is the only safe way to go.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, The Alchemist said:

They've been back since last week lol. 26 events scheduled, 1 is finished and the second is currently underway. Better get started asap!

Good thing I came back here to check! Thanks for the heads up! I'll be firing up this game very soon!

• 1 month later...

If my calculations are correct, this week's event is the last possible one where you can start and still reach 20 (exactly on the last event). The events cycle on Saturday 23:59 (11:59 PM) GMT the next one opens, and Sunday 23:59 (11:59 PM) GMT the old one closes (so Sunday for 24 hours, two events are open, overlapping).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if playing just for the Ambassador trophy will earn you other trophies along the way? I'm actually hoping that there would be none and that I can just play for this trophy and get it alone when I'm done, so as not to have to stack some trophies on an unfinished list/incomplete game along the way.

... like drive this car and that car trophies... mileage trophies etc. I know I can just try to check and figure it out myself but I'm making an appeal to those that have played and completed the game/this trophy for their valuable inputs just to be 100% sure.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Naps said:

Can anyone confirm if playing just for the Ambassador trophy will earn you other trophies along the way? I'm actually hoping that there would be none and that I can just play for this trophy and get it alone when I'm done, so as not to have to stack some trophies on an unfinished list/incomplete game along the way.

... like drive this car and that car trophies... mileage trophies etc. I know I can just try to check and figure it out myself but I'm making an appeal to those that have played and completed the game/this trophy for their valuable inputs just to be 100% sure.

Cheers!

I'm currently doing the community events. I'm honestly not sure about this to be honest. Looking at the trophy list there doesn't appear to be any trophies which will come naturally while only going for the community ambassador trophy. HOWEVER... there are a handful of miscellaneous trophies that you might unlock accidentally such as... making your brakes reach a certain temperature, reaction time of 0.2 seconds off the starting grid (this one in particular is very easy to pop), and MAYBE (but not likely) drive faster than 333 km/h for over 6 seconds. Nothing else should really pop as you aren't racing against AI opponents during these events. It's possible to avoid the above trophies while doing the community events if you're aware of them.

By the way, have you started the community events? Because if you haven't then it'll be impossible anyway as there's only 18 scheduled events left.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

... there are a handful of miscellaneous trophies that you might unlock accidentally such as... 

The ones you've mentioned would definitely get unlocked as you play along. It would be very difficult to force yourself to not breach those requirements... Also thanks sharing for those pointers, it's what I wanted to know.

By the way, have you started the community events? Because if you haven't then it'll be impossible anyway as there's only 18 scheduled events left.

Reason why I asked if some trophies could unlock unintentionally coz I missed out on the cut-off. I was planning to jump in regardless to at least shave off a number of events from the calendar... then hopefully a new round would follow-up at the end of the current event leaving just a few more to go through. At least that's what I was hoping for... too late for that now.

Again thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Naps

48 minutes ago, Naps said:

The ones you've mentioned would definitely get unlocked as you play along. I would be very difficult to force yourself to not breach those requirements... Also thanks sharing for those pointers, it's what I wanted to know.

Reason why I asked if some trophies could unlock unintentionally coz I missed out on the cut-off. I was planning to jump in regardless to at least shave off a number of events from the calendar... then hopefully a new round would follow-up at the end of the current event leaving just a few more to go through. At least that's what I was hoping for... too late for that now.

Again thanks for the heads up!

I looked at the trophy list again just to double check and yeah, I'm like 100% certain that only those 3 trophies have a possibility of unlocking. HOWEVER I don't know if they'd definitely unlock. For example, regarding the brakes reaching a certain temperature.. I pumped a few hours into the game and never unlocked that naturally. I had to intentionally go for it so it's not as easy as it sounds. It requires a lot of hard accelerating and braking again and again which you definitely wouldn't be doing while playing normally. The speed one is also harder than it sounds because for some reason a lot of the cars in the game take a long time to get even close to 300 km/h, let alone 333 km/h. It requires a trip to the Nurburgring in a P1 or something similar and caning it down the longest straight and even then it might take a try or two. The easiest trophy as stated is the off the starting grid one but all you'd have to do there is to ensure you only take off after the lights go out. Just give it a second or so. 

And I don't know, man. Nobody thought these events would get added, that the game was dead and buried but look what happened. If I were you I'd keep these 3 trophies in mind and get started on the community events, just in case a few more ever get added down the line. Keep in mind these recent events were added something like 2 years after the last ones.