you're my boy blue

BlackIsraelite

Almost had it today, just hit the ball,ran to the first base pretty much at the same time as the first base guy caught the ball, referee called me out then the game offered me to challenge the decision, unfortunately I lost but keep playing and you should have the opportunity to get it.

It's pretty simple and luck based. What I did was made my first three hitters fast by editing their stats and messed around with the baserunning sliders in game. I just kept bunting and made sure the catcher fielded the ball. Just keep restarting the game if you make 3 outs.

It can be time consuming, it took me about 45 minutes to an hour to finally get a call overturned. Good luck.

I almost got it on a close play at first. Like with real life, by the naked eye it seems like it will be in your teams favor, but with another view, you realize, no dice this time!

Like one of the above posters said, eventually you will get it.

Personally, there are a few of these trophies that i want to get 'naturally,' as i've platted the last 2 before or not long after the real Opening Day, then rarely played the game again after.

It took me a little while to get this trophy as well. I used the default roster and changed the slider for baserunner speed to about 75%. I constantly put down bunts down the third base line. I lost my first four challenge opportunities; won the fifth one. If I didn't get it during the top of the first I would restart. Probably took me around 12-15 attempts. Frustrating but you will eventually get it!

I got this in Diamond Dynasty without even going for it. I picked to play an Extra Innings game, pitched the ball, and the CPU bunted the very first pitch. It was a close call safe, it gave me the square prompt to challenge, and it got overturned.

Just lucky, I guess.

Edit your team's speed to 99 and bunt every at bat. I may have had baserunner speed at max as well (I don't remember) but I would get a challenge every game. I lost the first 6 or so before winning one. I always did a drag bunt down the 3rd base line.

Apparently i am not getting the challenge every game. I am bunting bunting bunting and no challenges watsoever. I dont know how many games i have played and not once did a challenge come up.

Apparently i am not getting the challenge every game. I am bunting bunting bunting and no challenges watsoever. I dont know how many games i have played and not once did a challenge come up.

After I turned off "Umpire Close Play" (then :circle: and "Apply Changes") and then directly turned them back on I get a challenge every game. "Gameplay Options"->:l1:->:r2: in case you don't know where to find it

After I turned off "Umpire Close Play" (then :circle: and "Apply Changes") and then directly turned them back on I get a challenge every game. "Gameplay Options"->:l1:->:r2: in case you don't know where to find it

I only got only one challenge in the DD and that was it. After that there was no more challenges. Like there has to be more to it then that. Its like I bunt they throw I hit the bag before they catch it but yet I dont get not one damn challenge. Only one that was it.

These trophies are BS.

I have a much easier way to get it. Edit all the batters run speed to 0 for a team you want to play against. Now your 2/3 & Ss should have their field ability & throwing all the way up. Make the other team hit grounders to your 2/3&ss. HOLD the ball a bit longer and time your throw so that you just beat the runner. If the throw is close enough theyll call it safe and give you a review chance. Watch the 20 second replay

If he is out do the challenge. If he was safe try again with the next batter and or until you time it just right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was beginning to think that challenge opportunities were like Bigfoot and simply didn't exist as I had had numerous "close" plays at first with nary a chance. Then on defense I had a bang bang play at first and I finally, after a month of playing, had a chance to challenge! I was all over that and my first and so far only challenge was a success! No messing with sliders or editing players or anything! Yay:dance:!

• 1 month later...