Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni - From The People Behind Senran Kagura

Shuffle

[ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLnEWUP71s[/ame]
Marvelous recently announced a new mixed media project called Valkyrie Drive, a series that will be split into a console game, social game, and also a TV anime. Famitsu shares the a glimpse at what’s to come. The Valkyrie Drive project is Marvelous’ upcoming major mixed media project, led by Senran Kagura producer Kenichi Takaki, alongside animator, character designer, and anime director Hiraku Kaneko. The console game, titled Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, will feature Kenichiro Takaki as the producer, alongside Mana Kakkowarai as the character designer. The game will be developed by Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! makers Meteorise. Dengeki reported it earlier as a PlayStation Vita title, but it has since then been changed to “console game”. The two characters shown for the game are Rinka Kagurazaka on the left and Ranka Kagurazaka to her right. Valkyrie Drive: Siren is the mixed media project’s social game, which will feature plenty of beautiful girls and risqué scenes. The game takes place on a man-made island called Siren, and the girls will need to fight to survive. This will also tie into the stories off the girls from the anime and console title. The above shows a look at two key characters with Setsuna Kisaragi in red hair, and Urara Sashou to the left of her in white. And finally, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid is the name of the upcoming anime with character designs by Hiraku Kaneko, led by Yosuke Kuroda, and production by ARMS. The game takes place on one of the five artificial islands, called Mermaid, and will feature “sexy battle action with beautiful girls.” The first two characters shown are Mirei Shikishima on the left, and Mamori Shojo on the right. You can get a closer look at the action in the first trailer for the anime. A release date for any of the three projects has yet to be announced, but we’ll likely hear of something in the near future.
Valkyrie Drive Is A Game & Anime Full Of Battling Girls From Senran Kagura's Producer - Siliconera

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marveous and Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki are working on a new mixed media project called Valkyrie Drive, which is expected to have a console game, anime, and social game. This week’s Japanese gaming magazines share additional details. As it turns out, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni has been confirmed as a title for PlayStation Vita. The keyword for the game is “offense,” and it will be a 3D battle action game that will have you take on clusters of enemies at a time. The more you fight together as the pair of Rinka and Ranka Kagurazaka, their “Synchro Rate” increases, which will be accompanied by a change in their weapons and combos, in addition to various interaction scenes as they fight. Again, when you launch powerful special attacks, it’ll break the costumes of both allies and enemies, so that’s already one thing the game has in common with the Senran Kagura series. While we still don’t know the full details as far as gameplay goes, its description sounds a lot like that of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Estival Versus, with more cooperative features between the two girls. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni will release in Japan sometime in 2015 for PlayStation Vita. You can read more about its mixed media project in our earlier report.
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni's Gameplay Sounds Like Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - Siliconera

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki announced his latest work with a mixed media project called Valkyrie Drive, and it sounds like it’ll play a lot like Senran Kagura’s 3D games. Famitsu shows us some of the game’s first screenshots. The keyword behind Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuni is “offense,” and as you can see, it’s a 3D battle action game, quite similar to Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Sinovi Versus where you’ll play as a pair of girls to take on hordes of enemies. The two main girls are Rinka Kagurazaka in blue and Ranka Kagurazaka in red. The more these two fight together as a pair, the more their “Synchro Rate” increases, which will grant a change in their weapons and combos. They will also share various interaction in the middle of the fights. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni will release in Japan sometime in 2015 for PlayStation Vita.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/25/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhunis-first-screenshots-shows-two-girls-action/
As part of a new mixed media franchise, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is an upcoming PlayStation Vita title by Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki. It involves girls transforming into weapons and costume breaks. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is set in Bhikkhuni, one of the five group of artificial islands. In the game, the girls Rinka Kagurazaka and Ranka Kagurazaka will be able to transform their bodies into weapons. By increasing the two characters’ “Syncrho Rate,” there will be multiple stages of weapon transformations, changes in combos, interactions, and other changes in the middle of the action. Similar to the Senran Kagura series, there are super powerful abilities you can use to break the costumes from enemies and the main characters. When you’re not beating up enemies, the game advances in visual novel-like fashion as an “Adventure Part,” while the action part takes place on a 3D field. The weapon transformation, called “Drive,” will have their own special sequence scenes. Think of them along the lines of Senran Kagura’s Shinobi Tenshin scenes. More details on the transformations and a new “Boob Rank” system will be revealed in the near future. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is slated for release in Japan later this year for PlayStation Vita.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/30/valkyrie-drive-bhikkuni-will-also-special-transformation-scenes/
Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki is working on a new mixed media franchise called Valkyrie Drive, which features more transforming girls. The official website for Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni updates with new details on the story and how the girls transform into weapons. In Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni a mysterious virus that affects girls in their teens and 20s suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Once this virus takes over, it can transform girls into deadly weapons. Thus far, this special virus has been classified into two types: the “A-Virus” and the “V-Virus”. The world government decided to take measure by protecting these girls that have been infected by the virus by creating five man-made islands used to keep them safe and isolated. The artificial island of Bhikkhuni became known for being able to successfully control the V-Virus. There’s an academy at Bhikkhuni, and they say that those who enroll there can successfully overcome the virus. That said, the girls decided to enroll with high hopes. In this academy, there are sisters that have been infected by the V-Virus. The innocent Rinka Kagurazaka who possesses a hidden strength within her kindness. And Ranka Kagurazaka, the social and delicate caring sister. Little do these girls know that there’s only one way to control this virus—by fighting between those who are infected. As previously reported, weapon transformations are known as “Drive”. The “Liberators” are the player’s characters, while the “Exster” are the support characters. When the Synchro goes up, the Exster can transform into a weapon. While the Exster is in a weapon form, you can activate the powerful “Drive Break” ability. There are several steps to weapon transformations, and increasing levels will lead to even more powerful weapons with different forms and abilities. In order to perform a Drive, you’ll need to increase the Synchro Rate between the Liberator and Exster. Once you pull it off, you’ll also get to check out the pair’s special transformation sequence. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni will release in Japan sometime in 2015 for PlayStation Vita.
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni

Edited by Shuffle

• 1 month later...
Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki’s upcoming mixed media franchise Valkyrie Drive is releasing its PlayStation Vita title Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni on December 10th, Marvelous announced. 4Gamer provides us with the latest details. First, here are the latest details on the game. The above is a look at the “Dining Area,” which is the headquarters for the game. It’s where you’ll get to speak with all the characters, participate in events that increases bond between them, and a “Communication Room” for changing costumes and other features. By touching the heart icon shown above the character, you’ll increase their affection for each other. Once it’s high enough, there will be special conversations that await. The Communication Room will let you switch out costumes and looks out of four categories: Clothes, Underwear, Hairstyle, and Accessories (which have three slots.) You can also “Contact” with the characters in the Communication Room, where you use touch reaction features to destroy their outfits and increase their experience points. Getting experience points will also increase their “Boob Rank” as well. Similar to the Senran Kagura series, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is also getting its own “Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack” limited edition, which features a special box, a visual book, character illustrations and details, original soundtrack, a drama CD, and an original packaging for the set, all for 8,480 yen plus tax. First-print copies of the game will include the “Paradise Swimsuit DLC Card” as an extra bonus. This includes three swimsuits based on Valkyrie Drive’s artificial islands and mermaids as a motif. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni will release in Japan on December 10, 2015 for PlayStation Vita.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/03/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-will-release-in-japan-on-december-10th/ [ame]
[/ame]
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is an upcoming mixed media project title by Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki, and the latest teaser trailer shares a look at more of weapon-transforming girls in action. You can catch up on our earlier report for details on how the girls will interact when they’re not fighting, along with a look at some of the outfits and the “Communication Room,” where you’ll get to spend some personal time with the characters. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni will release in Japan on December 10, 2015 for PlayStation Vita.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/28/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-teaser-trailer-shows-more-of-its-girls-in-action/

• 7 months later...

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/20160407_060657_thumb.png

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/20160407_060657_thumb.png

We’ve been seeing plenty of Senran Kagura games get localized, but we haven’t heard anything about series producer Kenichiro Takaki’s other games in Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni and Uppers.

For those of you wondering if the games will ever be localized, Takaki shared the following tweet on his English account:

It's not official. But I hope to launch localized versions of both #ValkyrieDrive Bhikkhuni and #Uppers outside Japan in the near future! :)

The action game Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhunihas been available in Japan for PlayStation Vita since its release back in December. You can check out some gameplay footage in our earlier report. As for Uppers, it recently got delayed to a new July 14 release date in Japan for PlayStation Vita, and they’re also adding Senran Kagura’s Daidoji as a guest character.

Senran Kagura Producer Hopes To Localize Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni And Uppers Outside Japan - Siliconera

Edited by Shuffle

It won't; i already lost any hope, I totally agree with the Idea of the Authors to not Censoring the game here and rather not taking it, it would cut Half of the game that is really amazing! Obviously it's not ok to have this kind of stuff here but then who cares to see people killed and tortured in CoD Yeah...

I really hope to buy this game this year!

It won't; i already lost any hope, I totally agree with the Idea of the Authors to not Censoring the game here and rather not taking it, it would cut Half of the game that is really amazing! Obviously it's not ok to have this kind of stuff here but then who cares to see people killed and tortured in CoD Yeah...

I really hope to buy this game this year!

Well Senran Kagura has proven to be successful for XSEED which is Marvelous's American branch. So they do know that there is a market for it here (XSEED doesn't censor games, so anyone who says things like I'm not buying this because its censored have no merit to a XSEED release). XSEED could release it as long as the license isn't too high(though with Estival Versus I am disappointed that the Ikki Tousen characters were not brought over, probably was out of their budget to localize that DLC).

Well Senran Kagura has proven to be successful for XSEED which is Marvelous's American branch. So they do know that there is a market for it here (XSEED doesn't censor games, so anyone who says things like I'm not buying this because its censored have no merit to a XSEED release). XSEED could release it as long as the license isn't too high(though with Estival Versus I am disappointed that the Ikki Tousen characters were not brought over, probably was out of their budget to localize that DLC).

Yeah i know but i don't remember the reasons Marvelous said it can't pubblish it (At least Itself in Europe) normally without having to Censoring it even slighltyly to make it suit the Western Rates; so Unless the problem get solved i doubt it will go out even to Xseed unfortunately, even because on Senran Kagura are Dress Tired apart, here i think the biggest part Companies and stupid people complain about are the Kisses -_-

Well about that Dlcs honestly i've Read 1-2 months ago that they should arrive even here so Just give it time, they are going out every week, we already have 3 Charcaters ad quite a good Number of Costumes, probably in a month or 2 they'll bring The Ikkitousen Characters in my opinion ;)

That was Idea Factory International not NISA. Though that got fixed on the Steam version.

Really? Even Stranger than i guess they've been obliged to do that because in Neptunia Nothing is censored and some Ecchi scene are in this.

Yeah well i can't play it on Pc unfortunately mine won't read such a game as Monster Monpiece now :(

• 2 months later...

United Kingdom retailer ShopTo briefly listed the Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni game on Wednesday. The page is currently inaccessible, but remains archived. The archived page lists the publisher as PQube, with a release date of September 16.

PQube's official Twitter account later Liked a Tweet about the listing.

The PlayStation Vita game shipped in Japan last December. The "aggressive enormous breasts hyper battle" game starred:

Aya Suzaki as Rinka Kagurazaka

Kanae Itō as Ranka Kagurazaka

Yōko Hikasa as Momo Kuzuryu

Yumi Hara as Mana Inagawa

Ayano Yamamoto as Manpukumaru Chang

Yu Kobayashi as Viola

Risa Taneda as Koharu Tsukikage

Ai Kakuma as Echigoya

Meteorise developed the game, and Marvelous served as the publisher. Mana Kakkowarui designed the characters for the game, and Senran Kagura original creator Kenichirō Takaki served as the "enormous breasts" producer.

The Valkyrie Drive multimedia project also includes Marvelous' "beautiful girl sexy social game" Valkyrie Drive -Siren-, a free-to-play smartphone game also released last December. The Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- television anime series starring Mikako Izawa and Yuka Iguchi premiered last October. Funimation streamed the anime as it aired in Japan.

U.K. Retailer Briefly Lists Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni PS Vita Game - News - Anime News Network

Yeah but until i see The final product arriving here without any Censor in it i won't Exult watching how this stuff usually go for west :p

If it arrives perfect as said Mine for sure no doubt :3

Well Gal Gun Double Peace is uncensored from PQube. So chances are quite good that this will be too. PQube games are not sold at places like Gamestop or Best Buy, so they don't have to worry about things like what people think when they see this on a store shelf.

Well Gal Gun Double Peace is uncensored from PQube. So chances are quite good that this will be too. PQube games are not sold at places like Gamestop or Best Buy, so they don't have to worry about things like what people think when they see this on a store shelf.

Yeah but still i don't trust until the end and wow didn't know about that :p Well let's see i sure hope for some more news even i doubt 16 september as date could be true, too soon 2 months and still no news anything, i doubt it but who knows!

The fact is that Gal gun is less Ecchi despite i think pantsu been seen here and there, in Valkirye drive there is even Girls Kissing and this kind of stuff that's why i'm doubtful....