Lowering the DEFCON Level

StarfighterProx

I picked this game up through PS+ last night and am having a lot of fun with it. My approach has been a little too reckless, however, and now I have both sides at DEFCON 1. Is there any surefire way to lower the DEFCON level? I know forcing officers to surrender will do it, but neither of my current level options provide any.

I picked this game up through PS+ last night and am having a lot of fun with it. My approach has been a little too reckless, however, and now I have both sides at DEFCON 1. Is there any surefire way to lower the DEFCON level? I know forcing officers to surrender will do it, but neither of my current level options provide any.

Aside from forcing Officers to surrender, the only other way I know of is to use one of the formula's (don't recall the name, haven't played in a while) that will raise (higher is better) the Defcon level by 1. Other than that, just be careful until you get a level with some Officers and then make a point of getting them to surrender so that you get yourself some room to maneuver.

Bummer. It sounds like I might have to break down and buy a formula or two. Thanks for the help!

Some of them are quite useful, especially on the harder difficulties. Might as well buy them, you have to use your in-game money for something besides guns and ammo.

What are the requirements for a surrender? I was by a lone enemy and pointed my gun...he shot me instead of surrendering

Only Officers surrender (the guys in the white uniforms). You aim your gun at them and they'll surrender, just don't shoot them. Regular enemies don't surrender.

Edited by swotam