Death Mode Tips & Videos for Beginners

Nobodygrotesque

Sound Shapes: Death Mode 2 - Event Horizon

Event Horizon takes a few tries to get use to but all you have to do is right after he shoots the laser count to 3 Mississippi and jump again BUT right around the end he will start going around 3.5-4 Mississippi so try to look out for that.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Event Horizon 1

This one isn't to bad because the lasers come every 2 Mississippi and stay like that, now I will admit I got some very lucky placements in the beginning.

A beginners tip is try to not get caught in the between the lasers because you waste a lot of time waiting for the lasers to stop and 2 seconds add up fast. Also if there is a circle thing all the way at the bottom of the side your on TRY to just drop down in a straight line but immediately catch yourself and then after the lasers come try to jump all the way to the top.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode 2 - Purgatory

Purgatory 2 is one of the simpler ones, the obstacle here is two falling blocks that come every 3 Mississippi that are easily avoidable. One big tip that has helped me a lot is that when your at the top right hand ledge just fall down while hold left and you should land on the lowest platform. If you do this instead of jumping you will save a second or two.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Purgatory 1

Purgatory 1 can be difficult but the same trick I applied to Event Horizon 1 is to TRY to just drop down in a straight line but immediately catch yourself and quickly jump all the way to the top.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Extraterrestria

I actually found this one to be difficult at first because I was rushing, once I calmed down and actually took my time then this level became a breeze. You are at the mercy of the space ship and just a simple boost can have you float half way up the screen.

My tip for this is a generic one but take your time, don't try to be brave and this one will come eventually. Also, try not to try to stay afloat by boosting up because many times I have done that and died because on how the space ship handles. If you have to stand still for a little while, then try to drift instead of pressing boost.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Aquatica

Another annoying Spaceship Level and this one is harder due to the saws moving around such a short rock where all these pieces are and also (I feel) a harder time limit.

For this a good tip to give is that you don't have to get your whole spaceship close to the collectible to collect it, the edge of your ship can collect the pieces for you. Also I am not sure if this is a glitch or intentional but there will be some times where a saw just spins in one place and won't move at all.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Mechanica

This one you have a whole 62 seconds...1 minute and 2 seconds, surprising that should be enough to get you through this one, the missiles are the only real danger here.

At 36 seconds into the video, you can see that the item looks out of reach or at least like I should have to move to the other platform but you don't have to so just stay up there and don't waste time jumping between platforms. Also if you are comfortable enough hold down the run button when you you are on a top platforms. You really can take your time here so don't be intimidated by the level.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode 2 - Thermogenica

This was hands down the hardest one for me you can tell because I had 0.0 seconds left and what made it even worst is that the PS4 just wouldn't record this so I had to do this 3 different times.

Honestly the only tip I can give you is to be fast because this is one of those levels that placement of the ring thingies can determine if you beat this level or not. Also try to time your jumps to where you immediately jump as soon as you lend on the next platform.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Thermogenica 1

I must have issues with these Thermogenica levels because once again I ended it with 0.0 but I can honestly say that it's only because of the horrible placement I got and not because of difficulty.

I will say to hold on to the run button and only let go when you are about to hit the platform you are jumping for. Also if you are all the way at the bottom and a ring spawns all the way on top, then try to jump directly on the edge of the next platform. Also try releasing the run button so you can stick on the edge and then jump on the edge of the other platform. I wasted a good couple of seconds in the past trying to set up my jumps

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Rowdy Cloudy

Hands down one of the easiest Death Mode levels there is, as the biggest obstacle is that red vine thing where you first start.

A tip I can give is that I hardly held down the run button because I would occasionally over jump and die due to momentum.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Sneak n' Deke

This one can be annoying because of the Boo wannabe pig looking things, they can easily trap you and kill you. This is also one of those levels that the ring placement can really screw you over.

The tip I can give is when your rolling up a hill run up it, you'd be surprise how much time you can waste by rolling up a hill, and also try to avoid getting yourself trapped.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVFrMymQOo[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Hills n' Spills

Another easy one, at first glance it looks like a lot going on but it's a breeze.

Only tip I can give you is to hold down that run button because placement can really screw you up on this one, and obviously time your jumps.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRQzzAX524[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Sparkle Darkle

Hands down on of the easiest one out here if you do it right. What works for me is to keep going one end to the other, whenever I tried to turn around midway I always ended up hitting the same jelly monster thing twice and then dying.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocxH503qDk[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Break-a-nodes

This one can be tricky because you can actually miss the platform your bouncing off of, I left that mistake in this clip showing exactly what I meant.

Ok so my technique might not work for some but I always found jumping at a angle then on the way down try to stay straight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TObrqf2YMA[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Invaderoids

This one can be a real pain in the foot IF you don't know this wonderful tip, are you ready? Watch out for the laser beams

One thing that has saved me time and time again with this is that blue platform in the middle if, if you land on it it won't disappear until after the laser shoots but you have to be fast because otherwise you will drop into the lava.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrbyRevHLJA[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Galaxanoids

Here is the Death Mode from hell itself and is what I like to call a "Plat killer" for some because the placements decides your fate.

Lets say your placement is awesome then there isn't much to say that can help out. You have to be really fast because if you stop in between each lasers then you will waste time, as you should at least cover 1/2 of the floating meatballs per laser. Each laser fires at 2 Mississippi if that helps out at all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dW1N9zFFE[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Disasteroids

The best tip out there for this one is to press boost to rotate faster and hopefully you can shoot yourself straight to the next circle's gravitational pull. The issue with that is sometimes you will shoot straight up and hit the red squares of doom

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2CT76Bu6qs[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Spiral Staircase

This one is straight forward, just avoid the spiders (like you normally would in real life) and hold the run button and never let it go.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhNwsOUd84[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Touch The People

Honestly there aren't any good tips for this stage due to it being so hectic, therefore the only thing I can suggest is to pay attention and don't take any risks that aren't needed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQmyTwJuvOc[/ame]

Sound Shapes: Death Mode - Cities

This level has to come down to luck to be honest, you are really at the mercy of the coin placements and the slow moving missiles. The missiles are easily avoidable but sometimes the coins can spawn in between them.

Once again the only advice to give is to move fast here because this is one of the only ones where I will say it really is 80% luck 20% skill.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXAgBwCswOA[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

Very good job =) But I think the tips will be more useful than the videos due to randomness of the distribution of notes =)

Well the videos (that I worked hard on :whistle:) shows my techniques on how to handle the level. Yea this game has some degree of luck to it but also some skill is needed. Also for beginners they might not understand the references for the level.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One protip for anyone who attempting the death mode. It's just about plain luck, not about skills. Of course being a skilled player helps, but only a little. So if you try level over9000 times it's not mean that you suck, it means that the developers are douchebags xD

One protip for anyone who attempting the death mode. It's just about plain luck, not about skills. Of course being a skilled player helps, but only a little. So if you try level over9000 times it's not mean that you suck, it means that the developers are douchebags xD

You have the right to your opinion but I disagree...to a certain extent. Yea luck does play a part but you need to develop some skill to bounce back and forth.

Yes, true, it takes a few minutes to get used the level, timings and distances. But after that it is mostly just waiting for a good spawn pattern which for me (until now) took very long.

I just finished about 7 levels of DM and spent incredible amounts of time on these considering I finished the campaign + Beat School in 2h.

The difference from campaign to DM is a bit irritating, because the latter gets frustrating pretty quickly. The trick is to keep calm and just do it over and over and over ...

Great tips, but I think I'm going to have to let the platinum slip away, it's way to difficult for me unfortunately ,only need 7 death modes completed to Finnish it..

Any generous and skilled gamer out there want to game share it for me?,that would be greatly appreciated..

Well the videos (that I worked hard on :whistle:) shows my techniques on how to handle the level. Yea this game has some degree of luck to it but also some skill is needed. Also for beginners they might not understand the references for the level.

Its perfect. The tips and seeing how you handled it.

I am thinking of going back to this and going for plat. Been cleaning up old games and getting new quick plats lately, waiting for the big games come September lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...