Do you think The Order was deserving of all the hate?

Moosh

Do you think The Order is deserving of all the hate?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think The Order is deserving of all the hate?

• I've played it and it was awesome
    • I've played it and it was awful
    • I've not played it but it looks awesome
    • I've not played it but it looks awful

I thought I'd post a poll to see if people actually thought that it deserved all the criticism, I've mostly seen people on here saying they thought it was a great game so will be interesting to see the opinions of people who have actually played it :)

I personally loved it, and I'm not expecting to change any minds just wanted to see :D

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it. It was sort and the gameplay was limited but it was immersive, story driven, and everything they incorporated into the game worked. Every weapon felt different and unique. The minigames for opening doors, overloading circuits, and the QTEs were well implemented.

I didn't experience a single glitch at all. I can't say that fit many games and it's sad that I've gotten use to working around them.

I would say it's definitely worth the rental if you haven't played it yet. I would say if you could get the game for around 30 dollars or less then that would be the perfect price per length.

No it didn't deserve all the hate. Is it a Masterpiece? No, I don't think so. It has a few minor problems. Maybe the biggest problem is the length. But to get bashed as much as it did was a little unfair, IMO.

However I do like the fact that reviews aren't shy about pointing out a game's flaws. I just think in the case of The Order 1886 they were blown out of proportion.

Moral of the story: Read the reviews (if you must) and then decide for yourself if a game's shortcomings would prevent you from having fun.

I enjoyed it. Not sure if I'd go so far as to say it was awesome, but it was definitely a good game and I don't regret purchasing or playing it.

The reviewers brought up some valid points which I think RAD should keep in mind for their next game, but at the same time I think some of these things were given a lot more weight than was required. Yes, the things the reviewers discuss are there and you may notice them, but odds are you'll just keep playing and keep having fun rather than fixating on them the way the reviews did.

TL;DR: It's a fun game, you should play it at some point

I thought it was pretty damn good. I loved the graphics, music and voice work. Combat was tight and the executions were fantastic. It's not nearly as QTE heavy as I was led to believe- they're there, but pretty quick and well done. I wasn't in love with the story, but it was good enough to keep me interested and looking forward to a sequel.

So, no, I don't think it deserves the hate. I think some people cry, bitch and moan because that's just what they like to do.

I thought it was pretty damn good. I loved the graphics, music and voice work. Combat was tight and the executions were fantastic. It's not nearly as QTE heavy as I was led to believe- they're there, but pretty quick and well done. I wasn't in love with the story, but it was good enough to keep me interested and looking forward to a sequel.

So, no, I don't think it deserves the hate. I think some people cry, bitch and moan because that's just what they like to do.

Yeah the voice acting was one thing in particular that stood out for me! Lafayette in particular lol

No, not at all.I watched a bunch of YT videos and read a whole bunch of reviews that were just bashing the hell out of it.But i had a gut feeling all along.I don't know what it was,so on impulse i went out and bought it.And i am so glad i did.I am having a blast with the game and yes,i'm kinda sad that it's so short,but i don't care.The game is pretty tight in most areas and the QTEs aren't as bad as people were saying,or even that hard.I don't know,i like to give new IPs a chance,because i dont want to see a future with only sports games and COD sequels.And i'm so glad i gave this one a chance.Rant over:p

Just platted it. Good game (not awesome) and I like it. And not just because of the plat but the storyline and the production values are top notch for me.

Reminds me of Dante's Inferno except didn't became too draggy (Dante became too repetitious after 6-8 hours in).

I really enjoyed this game, and like many have said here its very good, but not great.

Both the graphics and voice acting are some of the best I've ever experienced. The combat is good, although the cover system could be better.

The story was better than most, although there were a lot of loose ends that needed tying up at the end. This one is crying out for a sequel (doesn't look like there's any DLC coming, unfortunately).

It was a bit too short though, I can see how that would get some people upset. I don't like the 30+ hr grindfests that some games become, but this one was enjoyable and not grindy at all, 20-22 chapters would have been nice. I'm sure I'll end up replaying it at some point.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I got it Saturday afternoon, played a couple hours, Beat it Sunday, watched UFC, came home from work Monday evening, cleaned up the collectibles, and returned it to EB games for 100% credit towards Bloodborne. If it was a $20 dollar DL only, people would give it an 8.5 out of 10 if not a 9. It took 8 hours to platinum (#38!) and I loved the combat (COD needs to do gore like that) and thought it had a great story. I hope there's a sequel and EB still has that 7 day return policy when the sequel comes out. I'll probably buy it back when I find it in a discount bin. Would it have had less complaints about length if there was a trophy for beating it on hard?

Edited by timmeh1

Fantastic game and well worth playing. I think some of the reviewers were tainted by the so called "5hr" news story

I have yet to play it but when I get my ps4 I will. I agree with dz though. Too many people crapped in their pants by it being "5 hours". Fuck the length, if it looks good I am gonna play it. Hell I spend $20 to see a 1hr. 30min movie in theaters....