Coming to PS4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this today. Never thought Arcania would make it to PS4. It obviously sold better than anticipated. Well, truth be told, I enjoyed the PS3 version, played it back in june 2013. Man that's almost 2 years ago.... gonna look forward to playing Arcania again.

Not sad to see Master Chef left out this time around. I had no trouble at all with that trophy, but it proved to be a hard nut to crack for some players.

Just saw this today. Never thought Arcania would make it to PS4. It obviously sold better than anticipated. Well, truth be told, I enjoyed the PS3 version, played it back in june 2013. Man that's almost 2 years ago.... gonna look forward to playing Arcania again.

Not sad to see Master Chef left out this time around. I had no trouble at all with that trophy, but it proved to be a hard nut to crack for some players.

^dito

But I am not going to buy it if it's just a plain copy of the PS3 version.

Well, at least I will fight the urge a little. ;)

^dito

But I am not going to buy it if it's just a plain copy of the PS3 version.

Well, at least I will fight the urge a little. ;)

Nah, I might buy it 1st day even if it's just a copy. Can't get enough of Diego, Lester and buddies. But I do miss the voice actor who played the original nameless hero in Gothic 1-3 (Christian Wewerka, unique voice!).

Even though Nordic Games dropped Gothic from the name, Arcania still plays in the Gothic universe.

Nah, I might buy it 1st day even if it's just a copy. Can't get enough of Diego, Lester and buddies. But I do miss the voice actor who played the original nameless hero in Gothic 1-3 (Christian Wewerka, unique voice!).

Even though Nordic Games dropped Gothic from the name, Arcania still plays in the Gothic universe.

So true. [...he puts the game into the shopping basket...] :D

I wonder though why there is no information about the game at all.

(publisher's site, developer's site, facebook, twitter - nothing)

Release is due on May 8th!

Edited by chiefo

So true. [...he puts the game into the shopping basket...] :D

I wonder though why there is no information about the game at all.

(publisher's site, developer's site, facebook, twitter - nothing)

Release is due on May 8th!

Yeah, saw May 8th as well, and the lack of promo was the reason why only got wind of this release yesterday, while browsing PSNProfiles. I was like "ahm, really?" when I saw an Arcania title with 1 owner and 1 achieved trophy, for PS4...

By the way, for all who understand german, this might brighten your day even more!

Super short translation: Piranha Bytes, creators of the original Gothic games (1-3) and Risen 1-3, are working on a title that fans of the Gothic games shouldn't miss. Now that's a statement! The article's from march 2015, so it's still somewhat recent. Here's hoping.

It says it comes out May 29th on Amazon in North America. Wonder if it will be available digitally on PSN as well?

People in Germany are playing this already. Disc and PSN versions are available

as of today. Can't vouch for other countries though.

Yea mine has arrived and been installed just working from home before I start playing it, damn work lol

Well if it's on PSN there, it probably will be here so that's good. I wish it was out here already though!

Let me put it this way : how desperate are you to play a RPG on console ? If your answer is anything other than "very", turn back and run as fast as you can.

So what i understand is that the game is bad hahahaha

It's probably out in europe in general (at least the countries I checked, that includes the german speaking countries, UK, France, Spain). Still haven't gotten it though, too much to do at work...

It's probably out in europe in general (at least the countries I checked, that includes the german speaking countries, UK, France, Spain). Still haven't gotten it though, too much to do at work...

Yeah. I cancelled my order today because I remembered that I wasn't

too fond of the PS3 version. I reconsider buying the PS4 version after

a huge price drop.

Yeah. I cancelled my order today because I remembered that I wasn't

too fond of the PS3 version. I reconsider buying the PS4 version after

a huge price drop.

I work in a large bookstore, and even though I don't have any discount on games, I just bought Arcania... With the digital version being the same price as the disc version, I sure buy disc, so I may resell after "being done with the game".

• 2 weeks later...