I know that the characters have lives, but I didn't like how Krillin had changed, Gohan looked like a generic office worker, and Piccolo dies.

I liked the Baby saga when Goku went SSJ4, and also the Omega Shenron and the other Dragon parts. They were sick, and thus why I have SSJ4 in my username. Wish there was less of Kid Goku, Pan and the other Trunks. *EDIT* I also didn't like Bra, Marron or Vegeta with his moustache.

I admit I did like the episode when all of the major Dragon Ball and Z villains appeared. So many got pwned in one move though with the characters strength. Like Nappa. :p

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

The Super 17 saga was my favorite from GT. It was only 7 episodes long, but I loved the whole premise of it. How the 2 Android 17's were like puzzle pieces that perfected each others imperfections, and he was such a bad ass villain. Plus the way Goku destroys 17 with a Super Dragon Fist and Triple Kamehameha's was my favorite moment in the whole series.

Are there any DBZ or DBGT movies that are a must watch because I haven't seen very many.

I'm sure Viper can recommend which older movies to see. I have only seen 1-3 of the DBZ films and all of the original Dragon Ball films.

I definitely recommend you see Battle of Gods, I will be soon, and from what I've heard from a lot of people, it is the best DBZ movie. Goku goes beyond SSJ3!

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Are there any DBZ or DBGT movies that are a must watch because I haven't seen very many.

For DBZ specifically, I would say all movies (with the exception of Bio Broly) are watchable to a certain degree depending on what sort of things you look for in a DBZ movie. There are those that are decent with some great scenes but not necessary must watch movies. Other movies contain some really cool fight scenes but are nothing special. The ones listed below are my top picks but everyone's may differ.

Cooler's Revenge (my personal top pick despite being a relatively simple movie)

Return of Cooler (just for the Goku & Vegeta team up slug fest)

Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan (not a big fan of Broly but he kills it in this one)

The History of Trunks (a TV special, this one is brutal and heartbreaking)

Bojack Unbound (the highlight is SSJ2 Gohan tearing shit up)

Fusion Reborn (one of the best with a memorable villain)

Wrath of The Dragon (dat animation)

Battle of Gods (really enjoyed this one, got it on Blu-ray with some extended scenes)

To be honest a majority of the movies are less than one hour, so you could probably run through all of them quickly, and probably even like ones that I wasn't too keen on but, hey, it's up to you!

Well really you should watch all of them simply because you're a fan, but my top 3 favorites are:

Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan

Cooler's Revenge

Fusion Reborn

But like Takamura said, Bio Broly is the only DBZ movie I'd say was just plain BAD. But again watch it, just out of principal.

And GT only has one movie, which is "A Hero's Legacy", which deals with Pan's Grandson (yes you read that right) and takes place 100 years after the fight with Baby. Again, you should watch it just because...but it's not all that great.

I'm sure Viper can recommend which older movies to see. I have only seen 1-3 of the DBZ films and all of the original Dragon Ball films.

I definitely recommend you see Battle of Gods, I will be soon, and from what I've heard from a lot of people, it is the best DBZ movie. Goku goes beyond SSJ3!

I don't share these sentiments. BoG was decent...but the premise was bit stupid and was a bit too comedy focused, and SSJG was wholly underwhelming. However the animation in BoG is simply amazing...it's like hand drawn mixed with a little CGI and it makes for a gorgeous movie. Beerus however is a great concept for a character (I won't spoil anything) and I enjoyed watching him. Edited by TheViper4Life

Well really you should watch all of them simply because you're a fan, but my top 3 favorites are:

Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan

Cooler's Revenge

Fusion Reborn

But like Takamura said, Bio Broly is the only DBZ movie I'd say was just plain BAD. But again watch it, just out of principal.

And GT only has one movie, which is "A Hero's Legacy", which deals with Pan's Grandson (yes you read that right) and takes place 100 years after the fight with Baby. Again, you should watch it just because...but it's not all that great.

I don't share these sentiments. BoG was decent...but the premise was bit stupid and was a bit too comedy focused, and SSJG was wholly underwhelming. However the animation in BoG is simply amazing...it's like hand drawn mixed with a little CGI and it makes for a gorgeous movie. Beerus however is a great concept for a character (I won't spoil anything) and I enjoyed watching him.

But A Hero's Legacy wasn't as bad as Bio-Broly. The 1st 2 Broly movies were good, but Bio-Broly was really bad. If Akira Toriyama had his way with DBZ, it would of had more comedy than action in it since that's just the kind of person he is.

Anyone else think we'll get a Cell film in the future? Cell was an intimidating mofo, I actually find him more of a threat then the Buus.

Or, whilst we had the interesting Bardock OVA, a film set in the past on Planet Vegeta would be really interesting. Toriyama a year or so ago revealed Goku's mother, so it would be nice to see her in action.

http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/P010-Recovered.jpg

Toyotaro and Ooishi Naho Give Their Impressions of The Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F Film

Anyone else think we'll get a Cell film in the future? Cell was an intimidating mofo, I actually find him more of a threat then the Buus.

Or, whilst we had the interesting Bardock OVA, a film set in the past on Planet Vegeta would be really interesting. Toriyama a year or so ago revealed Goku's mother, so it would be nice to see her in action.

Not impossible but I doubt it. Cell was a decent villain but I'm not sure Toriyama would want to do a movie with another returning villain without the process becoming a bit redundant. To be honest I expect the next movie will focus on some of the other gods of destruction mentioned at the end of Battle of Gods, though that's a lot of new characters for him to come up with and introduce.

A movie set on Planet Vegeta in the past would be interesting, though.

I lost every ounce of respect I had for Screw Attack when they had Superman beat Goku then turn around and had Kirby beat Majin Buu in their Death Battles. Just horrible.

What? I could see Superman beat Goku....as that is a fight that could go either way, but Kirby beating Majin Buu? Just no. So wrong.

What? I could see Superman beat Goku....as that is a fight that could go either way, but Kirby beating Majin Buu? Just no. So wrong.
No. Superman CANNOT beat Goku...I'm sorry but no. Superman would have trouble with SSJ1 Goku much less beating a SSJ4.

I stand by my opinion that no character in any other medium should ever come close to beating a major DBZ character. DBZ has demonstrated pure power like no other show in existence ever has before. Yes Superman is arguably the most powerful comic book hero...but he's no where near Goku strong. (and yes I am a fan of Superman too).

One minute battle had Frieza win against Mewtwo.

Death Battle Vegeta vs Shadow, DBZ won.

As they should have. I'm not going to give them props for doing something that was so obvious. Edited by TheViper4Life

Source: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/03/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-goku-and-vegetas-new-transformation/

Resurrection of F is going to be 93 minutes long at the cinema. No word yet if there'll be an extended cut a la Battle of Gods yet.

Also, Dragon Ball Heroes have hinted that Goku and Vegeta may get new transformations in this film! :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cDI6GbfxF0[/ame]

Why else would they not show Goku's face if it was SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 or SSG? Some fans are suggesting they could be using God Ki.

There was this picture, but Saiyan Island says that it could have been easily Photoshopped:

http://i.imgur.com/iF8DyxQ.jpg

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

It's already been confirmed that Vegeta is getting a new form that turns his hair Blue, and that he'll be stronger than Goku at SSJG.

Which honestly is it a bit weird. I feel like if Akira really wants to denote GT so bad then why not just create his own SSJ4 (even though SSJ4 Goku was actually a concept design drawn by Toriyama himself when DBZ was still in production, and Toei fleshed it out more and used it in GT)?

Other than a few inconsistencies with BoG, to me, GT can still fit on the time line. Especially considering these movies are still working within the parameters of the time leap between the series (GT being 10 years after the Tournament with Uub, and these movies still take place in the 10 year gap between Buu and that tournament). So I'd really like it if Akira would just acknowledge GT in some way or finally put the nail in the coffin and denote it altogether.

And yes before anyone wastes the strength in their fingers to type "but GT isn't canon". I'm one of those fans that doesn't give a shit and actually likes GT being a part of the Universe. In fact I've always wanted an official series similar to AF that takes place after GT. Where some people think the series is fine where it is, I'm one of the people who thinks we haven't gotten enough yet.

Edited by TheViper4Life

If all these new spoilers coming out from the previews are true then it looks like this is going to be a disappointing movie for Vegeta fans. :(

[spoiler= revival of F preview spoilers]

So basically Freiza is getting beat by Vegeta and blows up the planet earth, Vegeta dies because he can't breath in space? WTF Toriyama! Where did Goku and Beerus battle it out at the end of BoG?! Then Whis turns back time just before earth exploded and Goku saves the day with a Kamehameha? Horseshit.

• 2 weeks later...