I was shocked to see that one of the world's biggest anime hasn't got a discussion topic.

What with the new F movie coming out, and all of the potential discussions about who is stronger than who, I can see this being quite an interesting thread with varying discussion points.

So I'll start:

Do you think we'll ever see in a future movie or special: Vegeta, Gohan or Trunks going to a higher level of Super Saiyan?

GT is non-canon so technically Vegeta has only ever reached SSJ2. But did gain more power when he fused with Goku to become Vegito and vice versa as Gogeta. Gohan and Trunks never reached SSJ3.

Though with Trunks, as the Androids were dealt with, unless ANOTHER thing happens on his time line, I don't think we'll see anything.

What do you think? Feel free to use this as your general Dragon Ball thread. :)

*EDIT* Just seen in the Japanese arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes that Trunks goes SSJ3, but is it canon?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/e/e9/DBHTrailer2-26.png/revision/latest?cb=20121225183434

I was shocked to see that one of the world's biggest anime hasn't got a discussion topic.

What with the new F movie coming out, and all of the potential discussions about who is stronger than who, I can see this being quite an interesting thread with varying discussion points.

So I'll start:

Do you think we'll ever see in a future movie or special: Vegeta, Gohan or Trunks going to a higher level of Super Saiyan?

GT is non-canon so technically Vegeta has only ever reached SSJ2. But did gain more power when he fused with Goku to become Vegito and vice versa as Gogeta. Gohan and Trunks never reached SSJ3.

Though with Trunks, as the Androids were dealt with, unless ANOTHER thing happens on his time line, I don't think we'll see anything.

What do you think? Feel free to use this as your general Dragon Ball thread. :)

*EDIT* Just seen in the Japanese arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes that Trunks goes SSJ3, but is it canon?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/e/e9/DBHTrailer2-26.png/revision/latest?cb=20121225183434

What new movie are you talking about Battle of the Gods? [spoiler=1234] In that Vegeta surpasses Goku for a short time it was cool

Don't know anything about the game but in one game they had Vegeta go SS3 and that was not canon. I have always wanted to see a story of Future Trunks dealing with Buu and figured they might do something someday.

I don't like what the creator did to Gohan:

http://cdn02.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max500x500/cms/news/82223/dbz.jpg

Plus also don't like the fact that Krillin is a police officer. I can understand if 18 told his ass to get a job to support their daughter. :p

http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/500/Dragon-Ball-Z-2015-Movie-Scan-04.jpg

Realistically, anything that's not the DB/Z manga is up for debate where canon is concerned. I don't worry myself when it comes to canon in the DB universe, as it's significantly less fun if you worry about stuff like that.

Multiple dimensions is the answer, every time. :p

Battle of the Gods and Frizza Resurrection are canon

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Ah ok I'll watch it since I'm a Dragon ball fan but Frieza is way over used imo.

edit

I don't like what the creator did to Gohan:

http://cdn02.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max500x500/cms/news/82223/dbz.jpg

Plus also don't like the fact that Krillin is a police officer. I can understand if 18 told his ass to get a job to support their daughter. :p

http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/500/Dragon-Ball-Z-2015-Movie-Scan-04.jpg

Whoa wtf is that Rock Lee or Guy :eek:

and Krillin a cop is just not right but they always use him for some kind of comical relief so guess that is what he will be doing.

Edited by ShinobiHotsuma

Yeah Blaze, I agree.

Though I'm mildly glad Gohan and Krillin don't look as bad as they do in GT. They look more like general citizens rather than trained fighters.

That said, if Freiza is going to be in a whole new league this time then he may just destroy their clothes hopefully.

Though like you say, maybe 18 and Videl asked them to get jobs. Though I'm not sure where in the arc of things this takes place. I presume after Buu.

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Ah ok I'll watch it since I'm a Dragon ball fan but Frieza is way over used imo.

I like Frieza he was the alien that inspired many other different types of villains in animes. Plus, Frieza is like Masashi Kishimoto favorite character. :p

That said, if Freiza is going to be in a whole new league this time then he may just destroy their clothes hopefully.

There is a theory that Freiza was one of the Gods in training but gotten dishonorably discharged or stripped of his God powers. Crazy but could be possible.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

I was reading the comments in the Revival of F trailer where a guy was defending Freiza where people generally find him uninteresting.

His quote:

For the few people saying Freiza is not a very interesting villain... Just keep in mind that...

Freiza killed Vegeta's father.

Freiza then made Vegeta his slave for the rest of his life.

Freiza THEN killed Vegeta's ENTIRE RACE and planet!

Freiza THEN killed Vegeta HIMSELF!

AND THEN, his arch-rival GOKU is the one to become stronger than Freiza first? You know Vegeta is mad! And this is VEGETA we are talking about!

Vegeta never got a fair chance at Freiza, and now the time has finally come.

Realistically, anything that's not the DB/Z manga is up for debate where canon is concerned. I don't worry myself when it comes to canon in the DB universe, as it's significantly less fun if you worry about stuff like that.

Multiple dimensions is the answer, every time. :p

This was one of the main problems I have with the whole Dragonball universe. Because the DBZ movies add some stuff and then there's the whole thing with GT and whether or not that stuff is canon. As for the games like DBZ Heroes, I'm not too sure what to make of that since it really follows whatever it has in terms of story and now it's pretty commonplace for DBZ games to include customizable characters that are integral to the story. It's not a bad concept, but to me, it feels like something is lost in the whole meaning.

You know what, I just realized it has now been 15 years since I first got into the DB franchise when I starting watching episodes on Cartoon Network and Toonami in the UK back in 2000. I remember being shocked at hitting 10 years but 15 years? That's a milestone to be fan of something (unless you know some Star Wars that were old enough to have seen the originals in the cinema). :D

Don't know if anyone remembers (I assume some would have aired in the states as well) but they used to have these cool commercials shown in between episodes and a few really got me hyped in the lead up to Goku becoming SSJ. That was a BIG deal at the time, everyone was talking about that shit at high school the next day. :eek:

[ame]

[/ame]

I only remember watching a few minutes of Z back during that time. :(

I got into it back in 2008, a month or so before I left high school. That said, I got and still get goosebumps when Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 against Perfect Cell.

That moment to me is my favorite part of the whole series. Seeing the peaceful Android 16 having his head stomped in by Cell, Gohan goes ape-shit mother f*cking insane with anger and sadness and NEARLY beats Cell, it has been a few years since I saw it last but I believe that, wasn't it his compassion that stopped him killing him?

Back around 2000 I was watching Pokemon and Digimon. Ah man, Digimon had such an engrossing adventure filled story but also with lots of different relatable emotions. Ah, to be 9 again.

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Yeah Blaze, I agree.

Though I'm mildly glad Gohan and Krillin don't look as bad as they do in GT. They look more like general citizens rather than trained fighters.

Though like you say, maybe 18 and Videl asked them to get jobs. Though I'm not sure where in the arc of things this takes place. I presume after Buu.

At the end of DBZ, after they defeat Kid Buu...they fast forward 10 years to a World Tournament where we meet Uub. The first episode of GT takes place 10 years after the last episode of DBZ (20 years after Buu).

Battle of Gods takes place in that 10 year time period after Kid Buu and before that Tournament with Uub. Revival of F takes place (presumably) 3 years after Battle of Gods (Beerus said he'd wake up again in 3 years and return to Earth, and Beerus is in Revival of F).

Ah!!

Thank you Viper. Was always wondering the exact timing. :)

Exciting to know Beerus is going to be in Revival of F. If for whatever reason he gets in a fight with Freiza, if Freiza was even in his strongest form I know Beerus would own him!

But if the newly powered Freiza fights Beerus... well, perhaps we'll see Beerus use more energy than he did for SSG Goku? Or could that be an exaggeration?

Never can tell with DBZ power levels. :)

If you want to get really exact and nerdy with it...:p

At the very end of DBZ, during the whole tournament with Uub, Pan is 4 years old. So since the time span between Kid Buu and that Tournament is 10 years, we'd have to say that Battle of Gods takes place a little over 5 years after the defeat of Buu, as Videl was pregnant with Pan in BoG. So Revival of F, taking place 3 years later...would be 2 years before the tournament with Uub (Pan should be 2 in RoF).

And for shits and giggles...Pan was 14 at the start of GT.

Edited by TheViper4Life

I'm not even sure Battle of Gods made its way to the UK in the cinemas unless it was only a limited release, but hell to the yeah if they show it in IMAX over here! I doubt it but c'mon, don't forget about the fans over here as well.

Thinking of plugging in my PS2 and playing Tenkaichi 3 again before Xenoverse hits the stores. I loved doing the beam struggles with Kid Boo's ultimate against other big attacks and his always dwarfs them. But Goku's (Namek version) fully powered spirit bomb looks even bigger. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The new Resurrection of F film will also be getting some 4DX screening in Japan.

Source: "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of F" Also Gets 4DX Screenings

4DX provides various environmental effects including seat motion, wind, mist, scents and flash, to the audience in the theater. How will the DBZ battle like in the 4DX theater?

• 2 weeks later...