Marvel Reveals Deadpool Will Die in April 2015

Man that sucks.

I like Deadpool a lot.

I thought he was practically unkillable though?

I wonder what he is going to die from.

Probably Cancer. That kills everyone, that or Ebola.

Only the most epic and retarded death is worthy of Deadpool; he's probably gunna slip on a banana peel and stick himself with his anti healing sword or something to that effect.

No one in terms of main characters ever truly dies. If they really wanted to shock us, they'd kill off a main comic book character for good and keep their word instead of always going back on it but that'll never happen.

Errm...Charles Xavier has been dead since 2012 and it's 2015 now.

http://coolawesomemovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dtt-01.jpg

Edited by Spawn_

No one in terms of main characters ever truly dies. If they really wanted to shock us, they'd kill off a main comic book character for good and keep their word instead of always going back on it but that'll never happen.

Grant Morrisson tried that years ago while working on New X-Men. He decreed that characters who died would remain dead so that the idea of death would actually have some meaning. The instant he was off the series, Marvel reversed the decision and started resurrecting anyone they thought would bring them a dollar.

Grant Morrisson tried that years ago while working on New X-Men. He decreed that characters who died would remain dead so that the idea of death would actually have some meaning. The instant he was off the series, Marvel reversed the decision and started resurrecting anyone they thought would bring them a dollar.

Wasn't aware of that but I'm not the least bit surprised that occurred.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

On 1/10/2015 at 8:04 AM, Tiberius said:

And like everyone else ever killed in comics that's a superhero, he'll eventually come back from the dead too.

How quickly have we forgotten the Death of Superman. Since I was a Marvel fanboy (before I've discovered Image ComicsI resisted getting the first issue as I wasn't a fan of a superhero who has a cape but wears his pants after his tights. LOL... When I finally smarted up thinking it may be a good investment in the future, they were already on its 3rd printing so it's worthless...

... then they ressurected Supes so all that Doomsday shit was utter nonsense from the start. I don't think I've bagged and boarded that DoS copy of mine... then the spin-offs with the different supermen soon came afterwards... which was even worse.

Also look at Psylocke as an example... able to transfer her soul to another body, from the British Elizabeth Braddock to a Japanese ninja Kwannon then eventually back to Betsy again.  If comics can do stunts like these, no one can ultimately or permanently die in comics.

Edited by Naps