How to Unlock Birth By Sleep Ending?

Saleemb1

I wasn't sure of this either but checked kh wiki not long ago which states the requirements are as follows:

Beginner Mode - Not accessible

Standard Mode - Beat the game, complete Jiminy's Journal, all Gummi Missions, and get the Gold Crown

Proud Mode - Beat the game, complete Jiminy's Journal, and get the Gold Crown

Critical Mode - Beat the game and get the Gold Crown

The gold crown is unlocked by obtaining all three proofs. One is obtained by defeating lingering will, another from defeating all data organisation battles and the final one from 'satsisfying each member of Mushroom XIII'.

Either way it sounds like doing a 100% run (for all the trophies except difficulty related) on standard difficulty or higher will unlock the secret ending. I'm hoping to do it on standard too!

My understanding of the gummi requirements is you just need to do all the missions which you'll be doing to s rank them all for the trophy anyway. Unless a mission requires you to earn all the treasures (I doubt it but I'm not sure) then it's likely not required.

Edited by Vyletta

I wasn't sure of this either but checked kh wiki not long ago which states the requirements are as follows:

Standard Mode - Beat the game, complete Jiminy's Journal, all Gummi Missions, and get the Gold Crown

The gold crown is unlocked by obtaining all three proofs. One is obtained by defeating lingering will, another from defeating all data organisation battles and the final one from 'satsisfying each member of Mushroom XIII'.

Either way it sounds like doing a 100% run (for all the trophies except difficulty related) on standard difficulty or higher will unlock the secret ending. I'm hoping to do it on standard too!

My understanding of the gummi requirements is you just need to do all the missions which you'll be doing to s rank them all for the trophy anyway. Unless a mission requires you to earn all the treasures (I doubt it but I'm not sure) then it's likely not required.

Wait, are you fucking shitting me? So this means I have to complete the journal to its entirely on standard mode?! Fuck sake I thought it was just a matter of completing critical.

Yes.

Critical is the only difficulty level where you don't need to complete Jiminy's Journal to get the Birth by sleep ending.

according to another post i need to do critical and get the gold crown. which basically means i need to beat the beat the data and stuff again. fuck that this game is being put on indefinite hold. not trapsing myself through this again just to reach level 99

Edited by Mr xxxx

according to another post i need to do critical and get the gold crown. which basically means i need to beat the beat the data and stuff again. fuck that this game is being put on indefinite hold. not trapsing myself through this again just to reach level 99

That's correct. The fastest way to see the ending would be to play critical and obtain the gold crown. So I'm guessing you have completed the rest of the trophies on beginner already? :(

These requirements are rather nasty but don't worry too much about the secret ending. You could always watch the cutscenes on YouTube. Plus you basically get to see part of it in the opening of BBS as well as 3 more times through the actual game (though unfortunately the latter isn't in the lovely CGI). I got pretty sick of this sequence by the end of BBS but it's been awhile so I'd like to see it in HD on the big screen.

Edited by Vyletta

You're 95% correct, but only the non-Final Mix version don't allow you to unlock secret ending. In this version, you can on beginner. (I did, and I'm playing on beginner) To unlock Lingering Will and the secret ending on beginner, you MUST clear all of the episodes to each world. So, sadly, you're stuck with Atlantica regardless. Anyways, I highly suggest to avoid Ling Will until you fully max out some forms. I just have no luck with him, and I'm almost level 70. -.-

You're 95% correct, but only the non-Final Mix version don't allow you to unlock secret ending. In this version, you can on beginner. (I did, and I'm playing on beginner)

No. There are *two* secret endings. You only unlocked the first one (i.e., the video that unlocks Lingering Will). The second one doesn't even exist in the non-Final Mix version of the game.

To unlock the second one, you have to do what Nilla said (and in particular, it's impossible to get on Beginner difficulty).

Edited by JFryes

That's correct. The fastest way to see the ending would be to play critical and obtain the gold crown. So I'm guessing you have completed the rest of the trophies on beginner already? :(

These requirements are rather nasty but don't worry too much about the secret ending. You could always watch the cutscenes on YouTube. Plus you basically get to see part of it in the opening of BBS as well as 3 more times through the actual game (though unfortunately the latter isn't in the lovely CGI). I got pretty sick of this sequence by the end of BBS but it's been awhile so I'd like to see it in HD on the big screen.

I'm not putting another 66 hours into this game no matter how much i love it, it's just not worth it.

You guys were freaking the shit outta me. There is no trophy that requires you to get the 2nd ending. Looks like I'm coming back to plat it.

That's correct - it was mentioned in the thread earlier:

Just to be clear (since we are on a trophy website): the secret ending is not required for any trophies. All of this is completely optional as far as trophies are concerned.

...In any case, I'm starting to suspect that 100%-ing the Gummi Missions isn't just a matter of clearing them, but clearing them with S-Ranks and collecting all of the treasures. I've only got three more routes to complete (Splash and Floating Island, Assault of the Death StarDreadnought) and hopefully I can confirm my suspicions soon.

You guys were freaking the shit outta me. There is no trophy that requires you to get the 2nd ending. Looks like I'm coming back to plat it.

Correct, but there is a trophy for getting each of the three crowns, which contributes to getting this ending on all difficulties (bare minimum on critical; to complete the journal on normal and proud).

Correct, but there is a trophy for getting each of the three crowns, which contributes to getting this ending on all difficulties (bare minimum on critical; to complete the journal on normal and proud).

I have the gold crown on beginner though.

I can now confirm that if you are playing on Standard Mode, you have to S-Rank all of the Gummi Missions (including the EX missions) and collect all of the treasure Gummis in each route. You'll know you've achieved 100% completion of the Gummi Missions when an "All Items Obtained" emblem with Chip & Dale appears on the screen along with a notification saying that you acquired a Crown/G Gummi.

The EX missions only have one additional treasure than the normal missions, and it can only be obtained by getting an S-Rank on the mission itself.

Once the other requirements are fulfilled (getting the Gold Crown and all the Mickey Mouse emblems in Jiminy's Journal), Birth by sleep will immediately play following the credits and Gathering.

http://i.imgur.com/Ge7tLF7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FcEQDA9.jpg