Game Exploits Compilation

yuri03042

Listing here all the exploits that known by this forum's community about how-to exploit on The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth. This thread will now be divided in sections within spoilers simply to make it quicker to find what you are looking for and reducing the wall of text that it currently is.

Pre-patch exploits:

[spoiler=prepatch]-Dead Cat glitch: while playing with the lost, after picking up a dead cat and dying once, you become invencible. Nothing can kill you, although you 'can' take damage and scream. If you leave the game and return, you lose one more life though, so be careful.

-Challenges seed exploit: inputting a seed and starting a challenge works and unlocks the challenge item on the end. I recommend CONF ETT1 to stun everyone. Anyone that attacks will still target you though.

-Runs seeds exploit: Input the seed of your desire and back out to the save selection menu, then start a new run with the character you want and the seed will be active and nothing will be locked away from you. Best used to get the last items you need for platinum god, after you have them unlocked, of course.

-Closing the game before your will pops up (vita): if you die at any point while playing on the vita, quickly use the PS button before your will show up and close the game. When rebooting the game, you will get back to the starting room of the floor you died. Might be possible with the PS4 version if you manage to pause the game before your will shows up and close the game (needs confirmation).

Infinite blood beggar/donation machine (PS4): This one is harder to explain, I will link a

instead.

Post patch exploits:

[spoiler=postpatch]

-Cloud Save (no Plus subscription is required): You can upload your game to the cloud after you clear a room and restore your save if something goes wrong. If you are using this a lot on the same room, I recommend you giving up that run because you should be too weak to proceed and you are just going to frustrate yourself, imo. The lost isn't insta killed anymore, you can backup your save every room you clear. Recommended for pills usage and checking if a curse room or a hard-mode treasure room are worth your time. You can also use this for the no damage trophies easily.

-Closing the game before your will pops up (vita): see above. The difference if that post-patch the game will put you on the last room you exited the game at, forcing a game save.

Useful seeds (all seeds are normal mode, unless noted otherwise):

[spoiler=seeds]

CONF ETT1 (stun all enemies; but if an enemy perform an attack, you will be targetted like normal).

1TNY 7MJO: Quarter seed (US Version). Use Isaac (bomb), Cain (key), Azazel (flight) or the Lost (flight) to grind this out.

Y4LN EBSP: Quarter seed (EU Version). Follow HitmanSB07's guide for wealth.

WK41 KPZX (The Ludovico Technique to the left. Play this seed as Azazel to speedrun the game for unlocks).

1M9E Y1G1 (Mom's Knife. Beat Satan with Isaac first to unlock it).

3N3B BFWZ (IPECAC. You unlock this naturally while doing the Mom's Heart kills. It will be unlocked at your 6th kill).

38N4 8W8B (Dr. Fetus. You can bomb the room above the treasure room for 2 keys which you can use to open the library to the left of the spawn and get Book Of Revelations. You can get a Bandage Girl using this seed.).

8G4J JFH8 (Epic Fetus. Unlocked after beating challenge 19, Family Man which unlocks after killing 2 angels and completing the Dad's Key item).

PCJZ 03TG (Use Samson, pick Child's Heart and have fun abusing that L1/L key.)

FTTQ E3RZ (Secret Room item abuse, need to play as Isaac. Bomb the right wall at spawn room, secret room inside with Missing Number > Black Lotus > Skeleton Key > Transcedence > Blank Card. [blank Card might be luck based because the second battery is a random drop from the 48 Hour Energy pill].

[EU] HARD MODE PR1W C0K9 Dead Cat item right at the start

[uS] G6GE 0GFV The room behind you contains two red chests. One has Dead Cat and the other has Guppy's Paw. Also, the curse room on basment two (I think) can be used to farm items (Curse Room Glitch, see above). I used this seed for my Lost runs and it made the whole thing cake.

K4X2 K1K0 (A Dollar. On catacombs ll there is a arcade with a slot machine needs like 8 coins to explode and gives the item)

NORMAL/HARD MODE SNF3 DRKA (Holy Mantle, 20/20, Crickets Body, Charm Of Vampire, Moms Eye. Crickets head is on depths 1 as soon as you spawn. and Devil deal items are pentagram, dark bum + others)

M8FC C2PF (can get guppy in the first floor curse room).

GHY6 CP6W (Poly and Prop [HUGE damage], it's pretty darn strong with Azazel. but also worth checking with the other characters).

7 Deadly Sins

HXJE 3F67 you get 5 sins + ultra pride (lust, wrath, glutony, greed and pride) and 8Y7M 481G for the last two sins (sloth and envy)

seeds for the other alternate bosses

-Steven JN2B H4H4 (Basement 1) [beat Basement 40x].

-Gish HNDF KHYK (Depths 1) [complete Depths 20x].

-C.H.A.D. YF3B RAVH (Caves 1) [beat Caves 30x].

DLYV 394Y - This is my seed. Gives many useful items (Ludovico in the first treasure room, pentagram, whore of babylon, dark bum, little chad, iron bar).

==GAMEBREAKING SEED WARNING: CLICK LINK FOR MORE INFO==

SDKB 637M (Lucky Rock on second floor, right room from spawn - play with D6 isaac so you can break the items pools later, check this step-by-step guide (Now updated with Chemtrail4's video guide!).

Meat Boy and Bandage Girl challenges:

[spoiler=SMBSBG]

Those 2 could be the most annoying ones to be done, if you couldn't force them. There are 2 ways to get them, you could break the game with sharp plug, wafer, habit and monster manual and force summon it until you complete both or you can use the book of revelations on each floor 1 to get a Horseman to be your boss and net you 1/4 of the familiar you want. Since you don't need a specific character for these secrets, use Azazel to breeze through the floors with the least effort.

[uS] G98Z MNSS Bandage Girl at Womb I (see Dr. Fetus seed for an alternative seed, Azazel not recommended)

[uS] RKV8 O883 Super Meat Boy at Womb I

[EU] NC9Q K9BE Super Meat Boy at Womb I

Just remember: you need to use the Book Of Revelations at least once in each I floor. If you forget to use on floor I and use it on floor II, you will still get the Horseman fight, but it will award you the opposite familiar piece, ruining your run. According to seasonreaper, this won't work for everyone, it's best to hope it works for you or you need to stick to the items combo method.

Challenges:

[spoiler=challenges]

For most, if not all challenges, using either FEAR M1NT (permanent fear effect), C0NF ETT1 (permanent stun effect) or 1337 HAXR (easy mode [yeah, seriously...]). If one of those still don't suffice for you, try using one of the below methods:

Seeded Challenges Guide

It has a perfect guide step-by-step for the all the levels.

The Challenge Seed the User Bigtorito brought here (YOMO AVBO) is excellent for almost all challenges.

The Suicide King Challenge was a pain and this seed made it to easy because of Moms knife being two rooms down on the first floor (B1ZM 8Z27).

Also the Beans Challenge is another one that people may struggle on. (9L2C BBLN) The first devil room on Basement 2 has Lil Brimstone makes Beans a Breeze! (also good for Cat's Got Your Tongue)

You can get a vast majority of items on the Collection Page by using a seed refered to the same item on the wiki. For the ones you can't seed yourself into, use the gamebreaking seed to get.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not active on Isaac's threads as I used to. If you have something you want me to add to the OP or any important question to make, consider PM'ing me or zb420 or any other person you consider active enough on this forums, or you might have an unanswered question pending for God knows how long.

Edited by yuri03042
Updated removed most exploits, edited 'post patch' section.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People voted before the exploits, I did warn everyone not to judge too soon basing their opinions on the original game...

I'm not using any exploits out of choice but knowing they exist I vote it like 4/10 at most.

I believe that the game is a 3 if you master the exploits (which IMO isn't something hard to do).

Good thing I didn´t patched the game yet.

Will at least finish The Lost stuff and only after gonna patch the game.

Sorry to ask but how does this challenges seed exploit works exactly?

You just need 2 runs to complete the lost, but save yourself time and do both on hard already. If there isn't a seed for Dead Cat, I will list it, so be sure to use it. Even if you update the game, you can still easily win the game using the Cloud Sync backup method (no PS+ required) because The Lost no longer insta-dies if you leave and return to the game.

I think with all these exploits I'll end up voting around 3-5. Looks like just about anyone could platinum this game.

And I believe so, it's not out of reach as a lot of people thought it was.

But don't you need the patch to get the trophies?

You need the patch for only 2 things: Godhead and Dead Boy. You can do both as easily with or without the patch, but in my oppinion, doing Godhead without the patch is WAAAAYYYY effortless.

I'm glad that I only recently learned about the seed exploit. The temptation to abuse it would have been very high, and ruined any fun or challenge the game had to offer.

I learned it yesterday, did some seeded runs and bored myself. Did a non-seeded Eden run and broke the game at the chest with Eden. I love undefined.

I've been posting how easy this game is to platinum because of the exploits since almost day 1, half of the people on here shit on my logic because they are fan boys of a game that they wanted to exist, instead of the game that does exist. Anyone who votes over 5/10 for the average player is lying to them selves. And 5/10 is being generous. I'm sticking to my original rating of 4/10

So the seed challenges exploit is basically the same as the seeded runs? I input a seed, back out to save file select and start the challenge?

No need to back out to the save file selection, you can input the seed and open the challenges menu and start the one you want right away.

1.01 is OK for all the xploits;

1.02 fix the glitched trophies but kills the exploits.

False, no exploits but Dead Cat and Curse Room were fixed in the latest console patch. I've been using them the whole day.

SO the trick for this game is to play through the entire game using exploits and then patch the game for the glitched trophies, do them and get the plat?

If you can, yeah. I would recommend that you instead, download the game raw, unlock the lost, do all his stuff on hardmode using a Dead Cat seed and then you are safe to update you game and do the rest, because the patch won't affect you any longer from here on out. Playing pre-patch voids you from using the Cloud Sync, which IMO is the best exploit on the list.

I've been posting how easy this game is to platinum because of the exploits since almost day 1, half of the people on here shit on my logic because they are fan boys of a game that they wanted to exist, instead of the game that does exist. Anyone who votes over 5/10 for the average player is lying to them selves. And 5/10 is being generous. I'm sticking to my original rating of 4/10

I know, right? When I saw the Cloud Sync thing, I knew this would not be as nearly hard as people were making it to be. I started the game on PC first while waited for a patch, then I realized I wasted my time and I could do all that on the consoles and so I did. Not nearly as hard as people make it out to be (111%ed on the PC without glitches, the Lost was a challenge, but nowhere impossible). Then I start playing on the console, learn the Cloud Sync exploiting and learn all these new exploits and realize: man, this can never be more than a 4/10 difficulty!

If you can, yeah. I would recommend that you instead, download the game raw, unlock the lost, do all his stuff on hardmode using a Dead Cat seed and then you are safe to update you game and do the rest, because the patch won't affect you any longer from here on out. Playing pre-patch voids you from using the Cloud Sync, which IMO is the best exploit on the list.

Thanks for this info, I was interested in this game on release but I've been hearing so many things with glitches and such it put me off. I think I'll try it now sometime soon.

Using the BASE MENT seed got most of my item pool out of the way. The only item I'm missing is Godhead, anyone with a useful seed to get this?

I don't think there is any, but if you want my advice (on the way I got it), use the mom's knife seed as isaac (which holds the D6, after you have that unlocked) and at the 3rd boss (I think?) you will have a joker card. Use the cloud sync and update your save there. After it, reload the game and use the joker card. If you hit a devil room, back out and redownload your save until you get an angel room. When you get one that don't have godhead, bomb the angel statue and kill him. WHen that is done, reroll the item and the key piece with the D6, you should have 2 new angel items now. If you don't want any of them, reload your save from the cloud and try again until you get it. My godhead took 30 minutes to be found using this method.

Thanks for this info, I was interested in this game on release but I've been hearing so many things with glitches and such it put me off. I think I'll try it now sometime soon.

If you wanna play that and you have the option to, play on the vita as it's easier to avoid a death and trophies are less likely to glitch. Always be en garde to upload your save and download it if a trophy glitches. Restore your save and redo the requirements.

if you delete the patch will you still be able to play normally & use the exploits?

I can't say yet, but I might try after I get my plat, see if my 1.03 save works on a 1.00 game. You can use the best exploits even after the patch, which only prevented the Dead Cat and Curse Room ones. EDIT: you can't, the game doesn't read your 1.03 savefile on an unpatched game.

Edited by yuri03042

Using the BASE MENT seed got most of my item pool out of the way. The only item I'm missing is Godhead, anyone with a useful seed to get this?

dont listen to yuri, he doesnt know what he is taking about.

just use this seed: G2KQ M1J1. dont get hit though. cuz basement xl second boss is a devil room, so if you get hit, the angel room in catacombs I will become a devil room. the angel room in catacombs 1 will always have godhead in it.

*stuff*

Nice find, I used that seed and never got it because I got hit at one point or another and got other items than Godhead. It's just a shame you were unable to point some good seed and the method to obtain the item without being a jerk. I'm just trying to help people here, I'm no god in this game, you see?

G98Z MNSS Bandage Girl at Womb I

RKV8 O883 Super Meat Boy at Womb I

Just remember: you need to use the Book Of Revelations at least once in each I floor. If you forget to use on floor I and use it on floor II, you will still get the Horseman fight, but it will award you the opposite familiar piece, ruining your run.

It doesn't work that way. Those seeds do indeed give you BoR in the first item room, but don't guarantee which item you'll get from them. I did a run of the SMB seed and it gave me two cubes on Basement/Caves then a Bandage on Depths. I then thought 'oh, he said if you do it on floor II it'll give you the opposite piece' so tried that, got a Bandage on Basement II but then a Cube on Caves II. The Bandage Girl one also gave me a Cube on Caves I.

Edit: OK, maybe it does. I'm consistently getting the same results on that second seed. Cube on Basement I if you fight there, Ball on Basement II, Cube in both Caves I and Caves II, Ball on Depths I, Cube on Womb I. Namely, it's impossible to get 4 cubes using that seed.

Edited by Seasonreaper

It doesn't work that way. Those seeds do indeed give you BoR in the first item room, but don't guarantee which item you'll get from them. I did a run of the SMB seed and it gave me two cubes on Basement/Caves then a Bandage on Depths. I then thought 'oh, he said if you do it on floor II it'll give you the opposite piece' so tried that, got a Bandage on Basement II but then a Cube on Caves II. The Bandage Girl one also gave me a Cube on Caves I.

Edit: OK, maybe it does. I'm consistently getting the same results on that second seed. Cube on Basement I if you fight there, Ball on Basement II, Cube in both Caves I and Caves II, Ball on Depths I, Cube on Womb I. Namely, it's impossible to get 4 cubes using that seed.

They did work for me, being the reason I posted them here. I will try running those 2 seeds again and posting a screenshot for you later, I just need a few more arcade machines for the d4 and the platinum. If they did not work for you, I cannot understand why. If more people confirm they don't work for them, I shall remove those 2 seeds from the list so they don't misguide people.

EDIT: Ran the bandage girl seed again and the result was the same

http://oi61.tinypic.com/29uxd1v.jpg

Are you sure you are doing everything right? You must face horsemen only at I floors, never at II. Use the Book of Revelations every single time it is recharged and make sure to not use the rune at the Caves I (?) to skip that floor, as you need to beat a Horseman there or else you screwed your run and need to restart. I believe it's the floor with the curse of darkness.

I can run the meat boy seed tomorrow for you if you want, posting a pic of each boss fight step by step, so you can make sure you are copying everything I do and getting the same (hopefully) results as me.

EDIT2: Having trouble to sleep, ran the SMB seed again and the result was the same. More and better explained screenshots now:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ujo9r4.jpg

first meat cube (1/4)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2gtccxs.jpg

second meat cube (2/4)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/wu4d2x.jpg

third meat cube (3/4)

http://oi57.tinypic.com/wu2tls.jpg

fourth meat cube (4/4)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2jb6tj.jpg

Super Meat Boy complete

Edited by yuri03042

dont listen to yuri, he doesnt know what he is taking about.

just use this seed: G2KQ M1J1. dont get hit though. cuz basement xl second boss is a devil room, so if you get hit, the angel room in catacombs I will become a devil room. the angel room in catacombs 1 will always have godhead in it.

This guy puts up a very helpful guide to all the games exploits and this your way of giving input? I'm sure the seed you gave here is great but your attitude stinks.

It's just a shame you were unable to point some good seed and the method to obtain the item without being a jerk. I'm just trying to help people here, I'm no god in this game, you see?

you should take your own advice bud. this very thread had to be edited because of what you said about what people should do if they think this is a hard game to plat. on top of your overall attitude toward some people in this forum.

you have the same attitude over on psnprofiles.com. so again, take your own advice.

This guy puts up a very helpful guide to all the games exploits and this your way of giving input? I'm sure the seed you gave here is great but your attitude stinks.

you must have missed the part in his original post where he said if people thought this game was hard to kill themselves...

Edited by 8BitArtist

They did work for me, being the reason I posted them here. I will try running those 2 seeds again and posting a screenshot for you later, I just need a few more arcade machines for the d4 and the platinum. If they did not work for you, I cannot understand why. If more people confirm they don't work for them, I shall remove those 2 seeds from the list so they don't misguide people.

Are you sure you are doing everything right? You must face horsemen only at I floors, never at II. Use the Book of Revelations every single time it is recharged and make sure to not use the rune at the Caves I (?) to skip that floor, as you need to beat a Horseman there or else you screwed your run and need to restart. I believe it's the floor with the curse of darkness.

EDIT2: Having trouble to sleep, ran the SMB seed again and the result was the same. More and better explained screenshots now:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ujo9r4.jpg

first meat cube (1/4)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2gtccxs.jpg

second meat cube (2/4)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/wu4d2x.jpg

third meat cube (3/4)

http://oi57.tinypic.com/wu2tls.jpg

fourth meat cube (4/4)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2jb6tj.jpg

Super Meat Boy complete

You're having the same map layouts as me, and seemingly the same items too. Playing Azazel, on normal, getting Book of Revs, Death's Touch, Dark Bum, Little Steven. Seems like the same tarot cards too, plus I've seen that Ehwaz rune before although it's often a bomb on some playthroughs, which is odd. I'm getting a Small Rock in the Caves from a tinted rock which you don't appear to have, I'll have another run later without picking that up to see if it helps, but I doubt it. Just did another run now to correlate with your setup there and everything is the same except for War always dropping a Ball of Bandages for me.

You're having the same map layouts as me, and seemingly the same items too. Playing Azazel, on normal, getting Book of Revs, Death's Touch, Dark Bum, Little Steven. Seems like the same tarot cards too, plus I've seen that Ehwaz rune before although it's often a bomb on some playthroughs, which is odd. I'm getting a Small Rock in the Caves from a tinted rock which you don't appear to have, I'll have another run later without picking that up to see if it helps, but I doubt it. Just did another run now to correlate with your setup there and everything is the same except for War always dropping a Ball of Bandages for me.

The Ehwaz rune you are talking about are in the middle of some spikes when you go up as soon as you spawn into the Caves I (I believe it's this name, it's the third floor you play). If you use the rune as soon as you get it, you go to caves II and the Horseman will drop the opposite item you need. I did this a couple times before myself without realizing, that's why I posted like thrice in the thread to make sure of using the BoR at least once in each I floor because that messed up my runs and people should not let that happen with them as well. I would like you to run once more, never using the rune and see it it goes right for you this time. It will sadden me if you end up not being able to use the seed as I did because these 2 secrets are very painful to do, the only ones that prevented me from 100% the game on the PC version a few weeks ago.