Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Bitching Thread

Hippeus

Since one wasn't created I thought I'd make one to vent my rage.

Been enjoying the challenge of Critical with a few speed bumps along the way. The one thing I have to bitch about is DONALD! I've never seen a character that dies and is beyond useless then this sob. If that wasn't enough I have Goofy or my guest character throw potion after potion on him to keep him alive.

So what are my options as I'm approaching the last strecth of the game. Not equip them with items and hope I can somehow keep up with the damage that is being thrown at Sora. Which has gotten to rage levels with these blasted elementals or hope by spending a fortune on Hi-Potions to keep Donald, Goofy alive and hope I get through the next part without burning up my munny. Then don't even get me started on Lexaeus' fight from the horror stories I've heard about the AI of Donald and Goofy.

Thanks for letting me vent on one of my personal favorites from the ps2 era. Just I'm reaching my boiling spot and haven't made it to Roxas's boss fight yet :mad:.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love donald, if i replace someone its goofy (though i usually only use guest characters once for the limit) i don't give them items and donald is basically only used for his heal, only battle i had any trouble with on critical was a certain solo battle in the last world (someone above me mentioned this battle), which donald isnt even in.

This is the last game I would imagine a bitching thread would be created for. Sure Donald is useless, but I do not think a thread is needed for bitching at the game is needed. The game is perfect and does not need an entire thread saying how horrible it is. Not sure if everyone knows, but Square Enix was not even thinking about making another Kingdom Hearts HD collection after 1.5. It was not until everyone said something, that 2.5 was even remotely considered.

This is the last game I would imagine a bitching thread would be created for. Sure Donald is useless, but I do not think a thread is needed for bitching at the game is needed. The game is perfect and does not need an entire thread saying how horrible it is. Not sure if everyone knows, but Square Enix was not even thinking about making another Kingdom Hearts HD collection after 1.5. It was not until everyone said something, that 2.5 was even remotely considered.

To be fair there is some things people could bitch about. Like Data Zexion. But seriously I was mad when I made this topic. Also to be honest I started yelling at Sora more in the final area then Donald. But in no way am I saying the game is horrible or worth making a bitching thread about. Just didn't know where to post it. Also for everyone to know. I do love the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Edited by Hippeus

To be fair there is some things people could bitch about. Like Data Zexion. But seriously I was mad when I made this topic. Also to be honest I started yelling at Sora more in the final area then Donald. But in no way am I saying the game is horrible or worth making a bitching thread about. Just didn't know where to post it. Also for everyone to know. I do love the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Ah, okay then. I have been playing Birth By Sleep, so I have yet to experience Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. Though I am sure Critical is a lot harder than Proud mode, but I could be wrong. Once I get the (P) for that game, I am going to compare the two.

I've heard that the data battles are a major pain even if you were to play on normal or even beginner lol is this true?

I did them on critical mode, most of them are easy enough by just spamming limit form. The hardest one for me was Xemnas since you have to fight him twice in a row without dying. But yeah, like half of them were kind of a pain.

I'm playing them on Beginner and some were annoying.

- Xemnas: a pain. First battle can be long if you're not good with Guard and Reflect. Get good.

- Xigbar: super easy. Spam Reflega and win.

- Xaldin: annoying until you learn his patterns. Reflega becomes useless after he sets up his Aeroga.

- Vexen: easy unless he collects data 5 times. The AntiForm Sora enemy hits hard and does long combos but you'll survive with Once More/Second Chance/Leaf Bracer.

- Lexaeus: honestly the easiest.

- Zexion: can be a pain. Be agressive when you're turned into a book and find Zexion quickly.

- Saix: really easy. His claymore disappears much quicker though so you must Guard or Reflega his attacks well so you can reach it and knock him out of Berserk.

- Axel: easy, just get rid of the fire on the floor with the reaction command and combo him. He leaves himself open a lot.

- Haven't fought Demyx but Wisdom Form + Firaga should help against his clones.

- Haven't fought Luxord but he was the easiest member in the main game.

- Marluxia: serious pain until you learn his attack pattern and how to counter. Reflega is youtlr friend here (like always).

- Haven't fought Larxene.

- Roxas: easier than the main game. Not many openings but they're there. His attacks are really easy to dodge, especially with Glide lvl. 3.

I've done the Absent Silhouettes but not the Data members.

The Journal is getting to me. There is just SO MUCH to fricken do!

I know. I just need to get a few more materials to finish the synthesis notes and I'm done. Took a while. 65 hours in total, and I still need to do the gummi missions.

I know. I just need to get a few more materials to finish the synthesis notes and I'm done. Took a while. 65 hours in total, and I still need to do the gummi missions.

If you think 65 is a lot, you are going to hate Birth By Sleep. It took me about 57 hours for Terra and I haven't even finished his report yet. I still have other things to do in the arena. I just started Ventus just last night and already level 15 wheres my Terra is level 50 with about 95% of his report done.

I don't know about you, but I find Kingdom Hearts II on Critical mode to be pretty easy. I'm playing it now and doing some of the side quest at the end of the game and I got to say it really wasn't that hard. As with FFX the hardest thing about it is the ridiculous minigames.

I don't remember Donald dying all that much, not any more than Goofy at least. I have only died a handful of times and it was always something I was doing wrong. Once I figured it out it was pretty simple. Although I will say the drives and long list of abilities make this game pretty easy. Doing it without them, no experience or any AP, DEF, ATK, or MAG items would be pretty hard.

If you are struggling the best advice I can give you is try to dodge, block and heal more. And use drives whenever available. Also make sure you have Once More and Second Chance on everyone. Aside from that bash X a lot and if you get attacked always counter with the Square attacks.

I don't know about you, but I find Kingdom Hearts II on Critical mode to be pretty easy. I'm playing it now and doing some of the side quest at the end of the game and I got to say it really wasn't that hard. As with FFX the hardest thing about it is the ridiculous minigames.

I don't remember Donald dying all that much, not any more than Goofy at least. I have only died a handful of times and it was always something I was doing wrong. Once I figured it out it was pretty simple. Although I will say the drives and long list of abilities make this game pretty easy. Doing it without them, no experience or any AP, DEF, ATK, or MAG items would be pretty hard.

If you are struggling the best advice I can give you is try to dodge, block and heal more. And use drives whenever available. Also make sure you have Once More and Second Chance on everyone. Aside from that bash X a lot and if you get attacked always counter with the Square attacks.

This is beautiful and brings a tear to my eye.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Dramatic-Clapping-Crying-Meme-Face-Of-Citizen-Kane.gif

I wonder if there is any shame in restarting on proud mode for the optional bosses. So out of practice Sephiroth keeps killing me. :(

Well kept leveling to 75 on critical and finally beat Sephiroth. Took 3x elixirs but did it. Yelled in joy "I just whooped your ass on critical. What you got to say now?!" Man have I gone soft. On proud years ago I could do he fight without any elixirs.