Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/breadskin-albums-ps3t-stuff-picture33128-spoiler-warning.pngWARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/breadskin-albums-ps3t-stuff-picture33128-spoiler-warning.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Far Cry 4. This thread has been created to discuss anything Far Cry 4 related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you choose every sabal mission all the time, does he orders you to kill Amita just like she did at the end?

I saw a game movie that always sided with Amita and that bitch makes you kill that poor guy in one of the last missions.

The main character in this game is like a loyal dog doing everything people tell him to do without complaining or even agreing with most of the time. He just listens and do. Reminded me of Claude from GTA 3, almost like a robot.

I'm sure a lot of main characters are like that in these games but I didn't get that feel while playing with Tommy Vercetti and John Marston so it just bothers me a little to play a game that focus so much on it's story and yet your character has almost no personality.

Edited by GregHouse007

If you choose every sabal mission all the time, does he orders you to kill Amita just like she did at the end?

I saw a game movie that always sided with Amita and that bitch makes you kill that poor guy in one of the last missions.

The main character in this game is like a loyal dog doing everything people tell him to do without complaining or even agreing with most of the time. He just listens and do. Reminded me of Claude from GTA 3, almost like a robot.

I'm sure a lot of main characters are like that in these games but I didn't get that feel while playing with Tommy Vercetti and John Marston so it just bothers me a little to play a game that focus so much on it's story and yet your character has almost no personality.

Yup, he makes you kill her. Although, I did not shoot her. Just didn't press anything. I did the same with Pagan Min, didn't shoot him either. He was always cool towards you even though you fucked up lots of stuff for him. Yeah, might have been a bastard towards others but I had nothing against him :p

I never did Amita's missions, except for the intel one.

Lol, did exactly the same as Harry94_. I really wonder what would have happened if you shot Pagan..

(Actually, I tried to shoot a rocket at his heli but the credits showed up as I was about to....)

I'm a little bit disappointed that the story stops here. Would have liked to know what happens to Kyrat once the Golden Path takes over. If it's better or worse...

And yeah I agree that Ajay is just a dumb dog doing everyone's dirty job. I actually chose Sabal by default, just because he would preserve the monuments and History but I wasn't fond of his traditional patriarcal bullshit... but it's not worse than Amita and her will to make Kyrat the drug lab of the world for the sake of money and destroy patrimony.

It would have been great that Ajay stood as an alternative to lead the Golden Path, he has the guts, he is the son of Armon... and he fucking does everything anyway. :D

It would have been a great adding.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the Golden Path. That's kind of a major issue too, being forced to fight for a group or cause you don't even care about. Sort of takes away from the overall story, which really wasn't all that great to begin with. The best part was finding out about Ajay's parents, which is basically the ending, so I guess that makes sense for being the best part.

I wasn't a huge fan of Sabal or Amita either. Sabal seemed to morally be the "better" choice. The only problem is that I felt like maybe he was living in the past a bit too much. He was way too caught up in the culture and religion to really see the bigger picture and he was kind of forcing the entire thing on everyone else. Amita on the other hand, wanted Kyrat to move forward and prosper, but I felt like she was going about in the wrong ways. For instance, she wanted to get funds from dealing drugs.

Even Ajay's father was pretty unlikable if you were paying attention to the story. If I understood it correctly, he forced Ajay's mother to spy on Pagan and do other stuff and then when she had a daughter with Pagan, he killed the daughter. Then, he tried to kill Ajay's mom while she was escaping to America with Ajay. That's pretty messed up.

I think overall, this game had a better selection of memorable characters, but none of them seemed to top Vaas from Far Cry 3, at least in my opinion. Pagan Min was an interesting character, but I think he needed more screen time. It was kind of odd because he didn't seem completely evil or insane, so he didn't feel like a typical villain in that sense. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it just gave me mixed emotions and I wasn't exactly sure how to view him.

Lol, did exactly the same as Harry94_. I really wonder what would have happened if you shot Pagan..

(Actually, I tried to shoot a rocket at his heli but the credits showed up as I was about to....)

I'm a little bit disappointed that the story stops here. Would have liked to know what happens to Kyrat once the Golden Path takes over. If it's better or worse...

And yeah I agree that Ajay is just a dumb dog doing everyone's dirty job. I actually chose Sabal by default, just because he would preserve the monuments and History but I wasn't fond of his traditional patriarcal bullshit... but it's not worse than Amita and her will to make Kyrat the drug lab of the world for the sake of money and destroy patrimony.

It would have been great that Ajay stood as an alternative to lead the Golden Path, he has the guts, he is the son of Armon... and he fucking does everything anyway. :D

It would have been a great adding.

The part just before the credits is kind of interesting, I noticed that my crosshair turned red as if his helicopter was an enemy. I didn't feel like shooting it down, but I wonder if it's possible?

Pagan mentions something when you're at the table with him about taking out the person you put in charge of the Golden Path and basically controlling everything at that point. It would have been interesting for them to give you the decision to also get rid of the person you put in charge and follow Pagan's advice.

Edited by Brandon_2535

Pagan mentions something when you're at the table with him about taking out the person you put in charge of the Golden Path and basically controlling everything at that point. It would have been interesting for them to give you the decision to also get rid of the person you put in charge and follow Pagan's advice.

Yes, this line got my attention too. And this was exacty my thought.

I did shoot heli after pagan took off, you can come back to the palace later, heli and pagan will be on the ground, and pagan holds some cash (300k+ and two items for simmilar money).

Begining of the story was nice, but quickly I felt like booth ways suck, not to flexible main npc's.

I followed Amita 100% (hoping for sex scene like citra hehe :p).

It's sad that kill/no kill of sabal did nothing, no text message, no radio comment, nothing.

Overal i liked FC3 story better, pirates/tourists setting was cool and executed well.

Kyryat is good looking, and got some backstories, but still, FC3 post war stories was better IMO.

Anyone tried to shoot Paul Harmon while he was unconscious and see what happens?

There's probably an alternate cut-scene of some kind. I don't think you would fail the mission at that point, but I can't say for certain. The trophy for that specific mission states that you were deciding his fate, so I assume you'd have a choice.

Also, I remember reading an interview with one of the developers and they were talking about how there are a lot of choices in this game that you won't necessarily notice. Like, they removed a lot of the mission restrictions that would normally cause you to fail a mission. So, in most cases, current and future missions will actually change based on your actions and how you play the game. At least, that's what they are claiming.

Edit: I just found Paul outside of Banapur Village! He's inside of a cage near a cliff. It looks like the type of cage that you could break open. I wonder what would happen if I tried to open the cage or if I tried to shoot him? I've already finished the campaign, so this is kind of interesting. I wonder if he's been there the whole time since I finished that specific mission?

Edited by Brandon_2535

There's probably an alternate cut-scene of some kind. I don't think you would fail the mission at that point, but I can't say for certain. The trophy for that specific mission states that you were deciding his fate, so I assume you'd have a choice.

I think there's definitely an alternate cutscene. Sabal (at least in my game) said something like this when you bring Paul to him: "Oh, you're bringing him alive? I wouldn't have been mad at you if you had killed him anyway".

I think there's definitely an alternate cutscene. Sabal (at least in my game) said something like this when you bring Paul to him: "Oh, you're bringing him alive? I wouldn't have been mad at you if you had killed him anyway".

Not sure if you read my edited post, but I found Paul. I shot the cage and it broke open, but he didn't do anything. The Golden Path guard that was watching him decided to shoot and kill him. I tried to loot his body, but there was no prompt.

Edit: At the end of the final mission for Longinus, he says that he's going to visit either Cuba or somewhere in South America. Kind of interesting, I wonder if that's a hint to where the next Far Cry game will take place? Perhaps the Amazon rainforest?

Edited by Brandon_2535

Yup, he makes you kill her. Although, I did not shoot her. Just didn't press anything. I did the same with Pagan Min, didn't shoot him either. He was always cool towards you even though you fucked up lots of stuff for him. Yeah, might have been a bastard towards others but I had nothing against him :p

I never did Amita's missions, except for the intel one.

I did the same as well. Except at the end when he flees in a helicopter, I shot it down with an RPG (from the previous mission where you have to destroy his golden statue) and I killed him. :rofl: I got an alert saying "The king is dead". :p

Edited by Warbear

Christ, I don't even know what to say about this. I don't really have much to say about the ending other than what's already been said (I didn't shoot Min then shot down his helicopter as it was leaving), but it kind of startled me that immediately after doing that it just showed me "The King is Dead" then cut to credits.

Something random I noticed during the story, after you get into the northern part of Kyrat in that town where you go and talk to some rebels in the hidden basement then Min comes in and talks to the people upstairs, I was just waiting for him to say "Point out to me where the jews are hiding". :rofl:

Overall this is by far one of my favorite games I've played this year though. I'll probably pick all the opposite story choices when I do it on PS4 this week after I finish the PS3 version.

Something random I noticed during the story, after you get into the northern part of Kyrat in that town where you go and talk to some rebels in the hidden basement then Min comes in and talks to the people upstairs, I was just waiting for him to say "Point out to me where the jews are hiding". :rofl:

LOL yeah, I thought about Inglourious Basterds there too.

I didn't understand why he talked to them for so long if he was going to kill them anyway. Maybe they did that scene like that to show us a little more of Pagan's character but all that speech he gave to them really felt pointless because he killed them immediately after.

Edited by GregHouse007

I noticed all the references with Longinus. As soon as he said Goka Falls I remembered Far Cry 2 (played the SP a number of times). Are they just forcing the connection and saying he was from there? Or is he really one of the enemy warlords we killed in FC2 (he mentions the bullet to the head he survived) come back as a "good guy"? He vaguely seems familiar but I can't remember.

Good memories. Far Cry 2 single player really was a much better game than people gave it credit for. I enjoyed getting all the diamonds (twice cause it glitched). Never want to do it again though.

At the end of the game, I shot Min at the table instead of sitting at the table, and the game ended as soon as you shoot him.

I sided with Sabal (both of them had flawed ideologies but I guess he was better than Amita) but I did not kill Amita. I was hoping that if you didn't kill either Amita/Sabal that they would come back and mess you up in the last missions.

I noticed all the references with Longinus. As soon as he said Goka Falls I remembered Far Cry 2 (played the SP a number of times). Are they just forcing the connection and saying he was from there? Or is he really one of the enemy warlords we killed in FC2 (he mentions the bullet to the head he survived) come back as a "good guy"? He vaguely seems familiar but I can't remember.

Good memories. Far Cry 2 single player really was a much better game than people gave it credit for. I enjoyed getting all the diamonds (twice cause it glitched). Never want to do it again though.

Yea, 2 was great (and better looking than 3 and 4). Just some elements vere f. up, lot of driving and constantly been attacked, no fast travel etc. But it was brilliant expirience.

I didn't think about that earlier, quite obvious connection with far cry 2, stones etc. good find :)

Yea, 2 was great (and better looking than 3 and 4). Just some elements vere f. up, lot of driving and constantly been attacked, no fast travel etc. But it was brilliant expirience.

I didn't think about that earlier, quite obvious connection with far cry 2, stones etc. good find :)

I think Far Cry 2 is one of those gems that could be a massive success if remade. They could re-do the whole world, add high-res visuals, more story and missions, get rid of some of the grind and add more flexibility in things to do. Add hunting, more animals, fast travel, more vehicles, and varied people and other more modern things too. Could be an amazing remake. I miss the desert and the fires.

I think Far Cry 2 is one of those gems that could be a massive success if remade. They could re-do the whole world, add high-res visuals, more story and missions, get rid of some of the grind and add more flexibility in things to do. Add hunting, more animals, fast travel, more vehicles, and varied people and other more modern things too. Could be an amazing remake. I miss the desert and the fires.

Basically FC3 or 4 set in Africa? :) well I for one would prefer a forest or jungle setting. After FC3 and 4 I think Africa generally would be too flat. TBH Cuba or South America would be a fantastic next location ;) interestingly it will be pit against Just Cause 2 which did a great job of an open world S. America.

Yeah Amita seems like a worse a person than Ming!

I was told not to kill Ming for the best story ending, can anyone comfirm (spoiler alert)

Min :) if you don't kill him in the dining room you get to lay your mom's ashes and have an explanation about Mohan and your mom and your connection to Min. But u can still kill him after the reveal :) there is a moment's chance as he flies away.