• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am undecided between a 3 or 4.

The main frustration with this game is that certain challenges don't work very well with the camera and the magic card. Puppet master challenge on day 15 springs to mind. The challenge itself in memorising the dance moves were not difficult but often the camera would pick up my movement as down when I was trying to perform left. Many little issues like this causes great annoyance and I am glad that I am done with this game because it is dreadful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started this game in 2010 with the Magic Card and did all but one challenges. Recently got it again and playing on the move is a million times easier.

It's quite time consuming and the game tends to crash alot, but it saves everytime you do a task, so much progress isn't lost.

Magic Card = 4/10

Move = 2/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The main frustration with this game is that certain challenges don't work very well with the camera and the magic card. Puppet master challenge on day 15 springs to mind. The challenge itself in memorising the dance moves were not difficult but often the camera would pick up my movement as down when I was trying to perform left.

That specific challenge isn't much better with the Move. It was one of two challenges that caused me any difficulty (the other keeping the balloons airborne for 45s) so I give it a 2.

Yeah, you'll be grinding out the prizes and Pet Reports for a while, but its not hard just tedious. Definitely use the Move though.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just don't get why the completion rate for this game is so low.

I agree that a few games have badly managed control schemes. For me, the honest-to-God hardest trophy was getting that animal back to sleep in 40 seconds. LAY THE **** DOWN, AND STAY DOWN ALREADY! Still... I actually felt the game was extremely easy (especially with the secret collectibles guide - special thanks for that). To me, the only real unpleasantness in the game was the grind to finish off the random appearance collectibles (fishing, model plane, treadmill!). I must have fished for at least 90 minutes just to nab those stupid last three packages.

This game is a little bit of a grind, and occasionally has sucky controls, but can very legitimately be finished in a day. It doesn't ever take any serious skill - just adaptation to various intricacies of the game. I was briefly panicked by the glass-shattering singing challenge until I found out about beating it with humming, after which it took one try.

If you have previously conquered many Move games, this will provide you little challenge.

• 11 months later...

I gave it a 4. There are plenty of easy challenges, but this game is definitely harder than it looks. There were a handful of challenges that I had to do multiple times, gave up, and then tried again on another day until I finally got the gold. There were a few challenges that I had to look into a lot on the internet before finally figuring them out as well. Other then those the game overall is easy enough to platinum but very time consuming. Maybe it was just me but I also had a lot of technical difficulties with this game.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Difficulty 5

Estimated time 16-20h

EDIT March15th2018: Apparently, the platinum is waaaaay easier with the move controller. So use it instead of the stupid card from the beginning and you'll have a better experience! I did not try it myself, but my friend said so. Stupid me :(

I don't recommend this game! "Eyepet and Friends" was a fun and easy and fast platinum. This one is not fun, not easy, due to poor controls and terrible camera functioning and not fast.

- You can change dates on the ps3 otherwise this takes 30-40 days.

- I retried all of the tasks as often until I got gold on them before moving on

- FOR GARDENING (HIDDEN) PRIZES: Wipe your whole garden clean, dig 8 holes, close your garden menu, re-open your garden menu, dig 8 holes, ...

Apart from the trophy guide I used these links. Hope they help! :)

Edited by servus99

• 5 years later...

3/10 (Move)

Not too hard of a platinum. For the most part, most of the difficulty comes from a few aspects of the game being somewhat wonky (the Friendly Face challenge and working out how to get Pet Panic were probably the worst of it) despite most of the game honestly working completely fine. The only challenge that took me more than a few tries was the Pet Paparazzi challenge of all things just because the window for what counts as the pet facing the camera is very small, particularly after 6 photos in where the pet starts moving faster. Getting 15 photos out of 35 for the gold was rather frustrating as such, but thankfully nothing else ever matched that level of difficulty and most challenges were done within 1 try, 2 or 3 if I needed to get up to speed with how the challenge worked.

Outside of the challenges, pretty much everything else is just a grind. The treadmill is the closest thing to difficulty since the secret prizes require getting to the end of the track and making sure to grab the prize, but even that isn't too bad, especially since there are challenges on the treadmill with roughly similar if not worse requirements anyway.