Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_rating_na.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 0.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 2 years later...

I was about to give this a 3 from personal experience, but music games are my forte, so that might be unfair to the general populace so I bumped it up one. All trophies except for getting at least an A on all songs on the hardest difficulty and perhaps the next lower one are all easy, even for those not so great at these types of games.

The hardest difficulty is notably harder and will take a few tries to figure out at least, but everything else, including all the story mode and extra story trophies are all very easy. It's just 1 (maybe 2) trophies pushing the difficulty up as high as it is, but even so I was able to breeze through this game to a platinum without much difficulty, so I could understand a range in difficulty opinions from 3-5 or so.

I saw an old trophy guide site that rated this a 6 but I honestly think that is too high.

• 2 years later...

4/10

As stated above, the only hard part of the plat is getting through all of the Extreme charts as everything else should be easy by comparison, especially the VN parts. In general, as long as you can be fairly accurate and avoid getting random Goods out of nowhere, you should be able to pull off most A ranks just fine since the game is fairly lenient on how many Goods and Misses you can get and your ability to get a Full Combo isn't really important at all. The only particular standout is God's Breath -Duet Version- since the chart has a fair amount of screwy patterns that go for just long enough that you really do need to know at least some of them to get the A rank (by comparison, most other songs with a screwy pattern or two will let you get away with stumbling through them if you do well everywhere else).

• 2 weeks later...

4.5/10 rounded up to 5. I would say this is maybe just a tiny bit harder than IA/VT but still on the easy side for rhythm game beginners such as myself. Extreme looks overwhelming at first but after going through Oni difficulty of both Taiko V and Idolmaster Must Songs I got used to the speed fairly quickly and the only challenges were God Breath duet version and Period which took some practice before getting an A rank on. As for the rest, getting A ranks is indeed lenient and Extreme mode is actually easy after getting used to the speed increase compared to Hard mode.