PlayStation TV - FAQ

Psikorps

Apps info has been updated in the OP.

Crackle, Crunchyroll and Qello are day one accessible.

Netflix and YouTube are absent, though Sony will update as more entertainment Apps become available.

Any time frame on when they'll be available?

On a side note, I didn't realize how small it actually was until I pulled it out of the box...

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1039/UWe7a2.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img674/3485/shnZ8c.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thread about the Playstation TV is complete without this question: does the domestic release support multiple accounts on one memory card?

I believe the answer is no. It's basically a Vita without the touch panels and camera that you can play on your TV. The menu is exactly the same as the Vita with no options to change your login unless you want to default it and put in a different login.

No thread about the Playstation TV is complete without this question: does the domestic release support multiple accounts on one memory card?

Already in the FAQ.

Q: Does the PlayStation TV support more than one account? Does it work like a PS3/4 where multiple accounts can coexist or is it like the current Vita where it's a single account only?

A: The PlayStation TV functions exactly like the Vita in this regard, one user at a time, also tied to the memory card, so multiple users would require their own memory cards and can not share purchased content.

I believe the answer is no. It's basically a Vita without the touch panels and camera that you can play on your TV. The menu is exactly the same as the Vita with no options to change your login unless you want to default it and put in a different login.

Correct.

Sly Cooper in the Walmart bundle is also a code for a digital download.

Has anyone found a way to disable the automatic power on whenever it gets plugged in? I unplug my power strip every night in case of freak power surges, to stop vampire power cranking up the electric bill, and to make all those stupid little LEDs everything has fuck off, but every time I plug the power strip in the PS TV automatically powers on. Fucking annoying. Would love to know if I can stop that short of unplugging the PS TV separately from everything else.

Could someone confirm if non-US accounts work?

Soon as there is conformation, I'll add it to the FAQ.

I will state here though, that as of update 3.30 to the Vita TV in JPN, it has worked with both NA and EU region accounts.

Should be the same here, just need conformation.

Sly Cooper in the Walmart bundle is also a code for a digital download.

Has anyone found a way to disable the automatic power on whenever it gets plugged in? I unplug my power strip every night in case of freak power surges, to stop vampire power cranking up the electric bill, and to make all those stupid little LEDs everything has fuck off, but every time I plug the power strip in the PS TV automatically powers on. Fucking annoying. Would love to know if I can stop that short of unplugging the PS TV separately from everything else.

Thanks for the update on the Walmart bundle, will update the FAQ.

I noticed the power thing as well, I would just unplug it from the back of the unit personally. (If it's easier to access the units power than the power strip at least)

Can anyone turn the TV with the PS button? I have to do it manually?!

If you turn it right off, you have to manually turn it back it on.

If you put it in standby, then you can just hit the guide button on the controller to turn it on.

I just leave mine on 24/7 now (in standby of course when not in use), the amount of power it uses is next to nothing and I plugged it into a surge protector power bar, so no more having to turn it off completely and no worrying about surges.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the lil guy.

Bonus is being able to Ad-Hoc between my Vita and the PSTV, even with the same account, got the Minecraft Vita trophy for throwing Diamonds at myself. :dance:

If you put it in standby, then you can just hit the guide button on the controller to turn it on.

I just leave mine on 24/7 now (in standby of course when not in use), the amount of power it uses is next to nothing and I plugged it into a surge protector power bar, so no more having to turn it off completely and no worrying about surges.

Bonus is being able to Ad-Hoc between my Vita and the PSTV, even with the same account, got the Minecraft Vita trophy for throwing Diamonds at myself. :dance:

So it doesn't over heat? Mine is also plugged to a those power bars. Kind of disappointing I can't turn it on like all systems from sony. Haha, awesome way to self _boost. I'm pleased with the little guy too. Now I just need to wait for BF to get a good deals a memory card so I can have the same amount of games on both consoles. Currently I have a 8 and 4 GB.

Would using the same account for both systems void online play between the two (I figure it will, but since you have two systems now anyway, I might as well have you check)?

I'm personally getting another Vita and I want to know if I should hook up my own account or hook up another US account to it. The former would naturally be preferable since then I wouldn't have to rebuy any games for ad-hoc reasons, but I'd also like to have the ability to self-boost online trophies since I'm getting a second console anyway.

So it doesn't over heat? Mine is also plugged to a those power bars. Kind of disappointing I can't turn it on like all systems from sony. Haha, awesome way to self _boost. I'm pleased with the little guy too. Now I just need to wait for BF to get a good deals a memory card so I can have the same amount of games on both consoles. Currently I have a 8 and 4 GB.

No overheat, it's actually quite cool, even after a full day of just sitting there in standby. :)

Would using the same account for both systems void online play between the two (I figure it will, but since you have two systems now anyway, I might as well have you check)?

I'm personally getting another Vita and I want to know if I should hook up my own account or hook up another US account to it. The former would naturally be preferable since then I wouldn't have to rebuy any games for ad-hoc reasons, but I'd also like to have the ability to self-boost online trophies since I'm getting a second console anyway.

When Ad-Hoc is enabled your actually connecting directly to the other unit, so there is no online play, just like 2 Vita's normally.

When you exit Ad-Hoc mode you can connect again to PSN.

I was able to be online on the Vita (where I was earning the trophies to start with) and when I loaded up the PSTV, I was put online as well, no disconnection at all. (I was even able to be online on the PS3 and PS4 at the same time as the Vita and PSTV)

When I popped the Diamonds trophy when first testing it out, it popped on both the Vita screen and the PSTV at the same time. Of course only 1 trophy was given though, but both registered the pop since it was me signed into the game two times.

Self boosting, without the need for a second account is quite nice, of course you need digital versions of the games so you can download them to both the Vita and PSTV or two PSTV's, but since you can be online on both at the same time, and even connect to yourself in Ad-Hoc mode, self boosting is very much doable, and even easier than before IMHO.

I think you can have the same account online at the same time. It was done to boost PixelJunk between PS4 and VIta. And now you can find yourself with PS TV and VIta. One would assume Vita to Vita is no problem, but with Sony, hey you never know for sheezle. :dance:

Vita to Vita works as well. :)

Well, that's just awesome to hear. Looks like I shall no longer be limited by Ad-hoc trophies or stupidly designed online trophies come Christmas morning (assuming all goes well). :dance:

Edited by Walt the Dog

Might be a dumb question, but the screen capture feature is absent on the PS TV correct.? I love taking photos of trophy unlocks. here is my collection: superdinasourempire's albums - Imgur

Not absent.

To take a screenshot, using the PS3 controller, just press the :ps: + :start:

With the PS4 controller press the :ps: + Options.