Game locking up/freezing for anyone?

CaptainJeff87

I had just finished a CC game and at the end went to look at the stats and the game locked up. Not the PS3 itself but the game. I could use the PS button to navigate through the XMB and everything but the stats screen was frozen. I tried pressing every button and nothing worked. After waiting for a few minutes, I just went to "quit game" on XMB.

Very annoying because I had a good game with my created RB too.

This happen to anyone else? This never happened last year or other Madden games as I recall.

I had just finished a CC game and at the end went to look at the stats and the game locked up. Not the PS3 itself but the game. I could use the PS button to navigate through the XMB and everything but the stats screen was frozen. I tried pressing every button and nothing worked. After waiting for a few minutes, I just went to "quit game" on XMB.

Very annoying because I had a good game with my created RB too.

This happen to anyone else? This never happened last year or other Madden games as I recall.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I haven't done anything in connected careers yet. I've spent most my time in MUT.

Well I spoke too soon apparently. I'm starting to get freezes at the end of the game screen in Offline Connected Franchise Mode. It seems to be a common problem according to user reviews on Amazon.com.

I encourage everyone to post their complaints on EA's community help forums so hopefully we'll get a patch:

Madden 15 ps3 freezing after every game - Answer HQ

In the meantime, I'm going to try this suggestion from another frustrated user (JBurl34) in EA's community forum:

This may be super stupid and dumb luck but I found something that has been working for me at least that has kept the game from freezing 9 games in a row (knock on wood). Being mad and desperate I was trying anything and one game tried waiting about 15 seconds after the game in the post game menu and then hit quit game. When it asked it I was sure or whatever its says I hit no, staying on the post game menu. I waited another 15 seconds or so then hit quit game again then hit yes.

After experiencing the loading screen freeze multiple times doing this got it to load the career menu clean without freezing. Doesn't make sense and could be a fluke but it's been working for me in my offline connected career so I'm going to keep doing it and figured I'd pass it along because I know how much it sucks when it freezes. I was one game away from putting the game down for good when I tried this. Good luck and hope it works for everyone else,

EDIT: I've come across a couple of other TEMPORARY solutions on EA community forums that I guess would only apply to the disc version. One suggests deleting your game data file and reinstalling the game before every session. Another person suggests deleting the game data file and disconnecting from the internet and not updating the game with the latest patch. Of course you could only play offline and with the outdated rosters that way.

I'm going to try the reinstall once, and then use the "wait at post-game menu screen" fix in the quote box above and see if that solves the problem.

Edited by Satnamji