All 146 Eyes (and the Reward for Finding Them)

Brastle54

I thought it might be nice to share what happens upon finding all of the hidden eyes throughout Hohokum.

*SPOILERS* (At least as much as can be spoiled with a game like Hohokum.)

So, you think you want to find all of the Eyes, eh? Well... good luck. First off, I need to say that finding all of these nearly made me go crazy. A few of them are more or less invisible which means I only found them through dumb luck. And in the blue forest stage, with the static floating trees, is so god damn massive and has 17 of the damn things, I spent probably two hours floating around trying desperately to find logs with the tell-tale eye leaf. I floated across the level in a grid pattern, vertical then horizontal, making a careful pass over every inch of the screen. Finally I just happened across the last few on, again, on dumb luck.

Okay. Down to the meat and potatoes. After you find all 146 of the Eyes, you make your way back to the orange-nut home/hub-world place and float on up to where the crazy Eye-lovin' old coot lives. It'll show him ever so excitedly paint the last of his little lines on his eye tree, and then hop down and dance his nopants off. After his celebration, he'll hop on top of you and you'll be warped back to the "home" area. (The place where you start, and all of your friends hang out.) What you do next is float on down towards the bottom areas, and then hang a left somewhere down there. A second "bubble" out from the main path will have a big blue Eye. Float into it and the old geezer has his own little introduction "you found me!" video, and then, in what looks horrifyingly painful, he morphs into one of you. A snake. Dragon. Worm. Sperm. Squiggly. Kite. And that's it. Then he just floats around that one little spot forever.

So after all of that absolutely maddening work, you get to see a crazy old man squish uncomfortably into a kite shape. No, there's no trophy for this, and there really isn't much payoff for doing the heavy lifting. I recommend waiting until someone puts what I described up on YouTube, and watch it there. Unless you're determined and bored like I was. Then go for it.

Seriously, there has to be more to this that we haven't found yet. Because that is the worst payoff per amount of work i've ever seen.

Any hints on where to look in that underwatercoral reef planetoid level? I've searched it like crazy and wasn't able to find more than seven, so still five missing.

They are all on the rocks or in a very light blue part of the background against the white where the groups light blue things are. At least one of the light blue ones is only visible when the water orb contracts it's cycle so the background is not covered by water.

I'm still stuck finding one of the eyes in the Ocean level. I've found what looks very much like an eye on one of the rocky boulders near the top of the level - but it's set in from the edge of the rock, so I can't get close enough to activate it... I'm *sure* it's an eye though! Any tips?

I'm still stuck finding one of the eyes in the Ocean level. I've found what looks very much like an eye on one of the rocky boulders near the top of the level - but it's set in from the edge of the rock, so I can't get close enough to activate it... I'm *sure* it's an eye though! Any tips?

If you can't activate it just by hugging the rock, then it's not an eye. Look for background eyes where the water get 'sucked' into the center of the water blob, revealing more of the background for a few seconds.

can anybody help? i only have 3 eyes left, and they are in the, home world? the zone where the eye old man is, i got the 15 eyes that appear where that guy is, but i cant find the other 3, ive been lookin like crazy, and i just cant

EDIT: forget it, i just found one, a minute after posting this

for anyone having trouble in this area, i found one eye in the upper left most area, to the right of the ruins with the floating worm, you have bump into one of the round orange things to make it smaller, the eye is hidden there, im assuming the other 2 will be the same case =S

Edited by akron2k

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...