Patch Incoming; trophy requirements reducing

Vo1cl

So the dev is testing the PS4 patch and recently tweeted the patch notes. Unfortunately, though, the date of the patch is still TBD. If anyone is wanting to read the entire patch notes, you can find the Google doc with all the patch notes here.

Here are the most interesting trophy-related notes:

• Fixed Tall Tales and Massive Mythology trophies never unlocking
  • Changed requirement for Massive Mythology trophy to 5,000 rounds (was 20,000)
  • Changed requirement for Thief's Badge trophy to 10 diamond medals (was 30)
  • Changed time requirement for Time Lord trophy to 2:15 (was 2:00)

Also of note, some of the awards are being adjusted, but you'll still require 4 controllers to obtain them all.

This is definitely good news! I'm glad to hear that those 2 trophies are finally getting fixed, and that the requirements are being dropped from 20,000 rounds to 5,000, but I am a little annoyed that Thief's Badge and Time Lord are being made easier.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the dev is testing the PS4 patch and recently tweeted the patch notes. Unfortunately, though, the date of the patch is still TBD. If anyone is wanting to read the entire patch notes, you can find the Google doc with all the patch notes here.

Here are the most interesting trophy-related notes:

Also of note, some of the awards are being adjusted, but you'll still require 4 controllers to obtain them all.

This is definitely good news! I'm glad to hear that those 2 trophies are finally getting fixed, and that the requirements are being dropped from 20,000 rounds to 5,000, but I am a little annoyed that Thief's Badge and Time Lord are being made easier.

Yeah, it is great to hear we only need to play 5 000 rounds instead of 20 000. But why are you annoyed that Theif's Badge and Time Lord are being made easier? Have you already got those two trophies?

Yeah, it is great to hear we only need to play 5 000 rounds instead of 20 000. But why are you annoyed that Theif's Badge and Time Lord are being made easier? Have you already got those two trophies?

Yep, I'm only missing the glitched trophies. It's annoying getting my time under 2 minutes and then having it reduced, because those last 15 seconds took some work.

Anyway, hopefully this encourages more people to play now.

Oh sweet. I've been playing this the last day with my brother, and we've done most of the game in Hardcore, so much fun. I might actually play it on my main account once this patch hits. Though I'll have to try and get my hands on two other controllers first.

Ditto. The fact that it's local MP only and requires 4 controllers may still be a deal breaker for me. I don't even have enough friends to legit need 4 controllers. I only ever had two for ps3,and even that was Overkill.

Ditto. The fact that it's local MP only and requires 4 controllers may still be a deal breaker for me. I don't even have enough friends to legit need 4 controllers. I only ever had two for ps3,and even that was Overkill.

You can use a Vita as a controller.

Oh sweet. I've been playing this the last day with my brother, and we've done most of the game in Hardcore, so much fun. I might actually play it on my main account once this patch hits. Though I'll have to try and get my hands on two other controllers first.

Right? This game is a blast. If you ever get 4 controllers and 4 people playing, this game really takes off. I threw a party once and had a tournament and it was great. I personally went to sleep after playing it 6 hours, and people stayed up another 2 to play.

Yeah I think the game would have done much better later on into the PS4's life cycle, just since more people would have had peripherals. I totally agree with using local mp only, but it's just unfortunate that a lot of people might avoid the game due to the controller requirements.

I totally agree with using local mp only, but it's just unfortunate that a lot of people might avoid the game due to the controller requirements.

Local MP suites this game very well, but like you said, it sucks that heaps of people don't play this game because of the number of contollers required. I just wish everyone miraculously got 4 controllers just so they could enjoy it hahaha :)

I was just thinking recently, what if the glitched trophies weren't retroactive? What if someone risked getting to 20 000 rounds hoping the patch will unlock the two trophies, and not recieving any? And what if someone beat, like, 28 diamond times, patched the game - unaware of what it changes - and didn't even get the trophy for beating 10? Or narrowing, say, 2:12 down to 2:00 but patching it and not being able to get the 2:15?

Still means he needs to buy another one which will go unused by another person 99% of the time. Same situation I'd be in. :p

That's right. And that's the reason why I only have 2 controllers and 1 Vita. ;)

Need to borrow another controller from a friend to get the 4-player awards.

Yep, I'm only missing the glitched trophies. It's annoying getting my time under 2 minutes and then having it reduced, because those last 15 seconds took some work.

Anyway, hopefully this encourages more people to play now.

I think 10 Diamonds and 2:15 is still a hard challange for me. :eek:

I think 10 Diamonds and 2:15 is still a hard challange for me. :eek:

Just believe in the heart of the cards and you could do it. Seriously though, it just took some practice and a lot of swearing. I'm sure you can get there if you try.

10 diamonds is totally fine, even 25 would be ok, but yeah 2:15 still will be painful. 2 is just ... insane xD

any news on any kind of time span for the release of the patch?

The diamond trophy shouldn't have been reduced. The thing is, you're going to need to get a diamond time on all the challenges anyway if you're going to get anywhere near the 2:15 mark. I'm pretty sure that I still needed to shave almost a minute off my times to get under the 2 minutes.

As for the release date, there's no news right now. Here is a link to the dev's twitter if you feel like stalking it. Last news was almost a week ago, and that he was testing the patch but had no date.

Just believe in the heart of the cards and you could do it. Seriously though, it just took some practice and a lot of swearing. I'm sure you can get there if you try.

The diamond trophy shouldn't have been reduced. The thing is, you're going to need to get a diamond time on all the challenges anyway if you're going to get anywhere near the 2:15 mark. I'm pretty sure that I still needed to shave almost a minute off my times to get under the 2 minutes.

As for the release date, there's no news right now. Here is a link to the dev's twitter if you feel like stalking it. Last news was almost a week ago, and that he was testing the patch but had no date.

If That Trivia Game is any sign of how long the testing phase is, it'll be a few more weeks at least before we see a patch.

I was just thinking recently, what if the glitched trophies weren't retroactive? What if someone risked getting to 20 000 rounds hoping the patch will unlock the two trophies, and not recieving any? And what if someone beat, like, 28 diamond times, patched the game - unaware of what it changes - and didn't even get the trophy for beating 10? Or narrowing, say, 2:12 down to 2:00 but patching it and not being able to get the 2:15?

He said that they should autopop if you're already past this point (This was two months ago, before he announced the reduced requirements):