Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

1,008 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

I rated it a one.

There is NO WAY that this game can be anything higher than that.

It's not hard.

You just lack patience and problem solving skills.

The game is just excruciatingly time consuming.

It will take alot of grinding for Souls and Stones but extremely doable.

If you get stuck on a part you just gotta level up some more by killing weaker enemies.

Especially when there is no level cap!

There's room for near infinite character improvement.

It is completely erroneous of anybody to rate this game a ten.

Think before you vote people, seriously! :mad:

Edited by AstroDuck

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a bit of trouble with one computer generated black phantom.

If anybody wants to help, I'm level 110 on part 2 of the tower of latria in the central tower.

yeah, totally a 1...

rating this game before going through ng+ (where outleveling doesnt work anymore) and without having the platinum isnt very appropriate... :rolleyes:

yeah, totally a 1...

rating this game before going through ng+ (where outleveling doesnt work anymore) and without having the platinum isnt very appropriate... :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you. Here's the thought process that goes into rating this a 1; "I've got some of the bronze trophies & a couple of the silver & they weren't too hard so I'll rate the platinum (which he doesn't even have & at only 43% completion isn't even close too). I absoutely guarantee that anyone who's played this game died over & over again the first time through & then died some more on NG+ even though the enemies are in the exact same places. To me that indicates the kind of challenge presented by any game.

Yea lol, giving this game a 1 is inappropriate... Wouldn't rate it a 10 either, that's the other extreme, but it is certainly one of the most challenging games I've played.

When I first started the game it took me about 2-3 hours to get past the first level only :D now I can finish it in 5-10 mins.

In my first NG+ I got my ass kicked by alot of the normal enemies and some of the lower bosses. Fool's Idol, for example, froze me and then all her copies shot me with a magic arrow (or what is it?) and I died in 1 second lol

I also died a lot of times because I wanted to rush through and other stupid mistakes.

And not to mention trying to beat the 5 black phantoms to get a pure white character tendency. Satsuki kept healing himself for example >.> and the fight lasted 15 mins :p

Even though I got my ass kicked a lot of times, I enjoyed every moment of it. And this game gets a well deserved 8/10 from me.

I platinum’d the game a couple of days ago. Even though the disc is back in it’s slipcase it seems to be still radiating some warmth. In other words, it took me a long time to get that toughest trophy. 4.2 playthroughs to be exact. Pure Bladestone was a bear to get, as others have mentioned, but what took the extra time was getting my hands on Brand (even through I’d already gotten Istarelle in a previous playthrough!). I know (now) that it could have been a simple task, but by that point I had shifted W5 to PB WT so as to hunt chunks of marrowstone during my third playthrough. During my fourth playthrough I had finished up all the remaining trophies, except soldier (Brand was the only thing holding me back from the platinum). Unfortunately for me, that fourth playthrough simply wasn’t enough to shift W5 to pure white; hence the .2 play-through (just to get BP Garl to show up).

During my time with this fantastic game: I was invaded three times, I never called on any blue phantoms, and platinum'd the game with my Soul Level at 177.

I rated the platinum difficulty an 8.

Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. I got the plat last night which I was pretty excited about.

The problem with rating the difficulty of getting this trophy is that it is so very different for different people. While it does not require a great deal of reflex or ability to manipulate the controls perfectly, or get all your timing perfect (although flamelurker feels that way sometimes)... It does require tremendous patience, and you have to learn the game itself, which is not simple. For others it might be a 10+ difficulty.

I played an almost exclusively ranged type character through the 3 and a half times through to get the plat, but I have every expectation that If I created a new character that was entirely melee based, the game would be an entirely new challenge, which I find amazing.

Haven't gotten the platinum yet, but have gotten far enough into the process to adequately deduce what's ahead. I'm going to give this one a soft 8: the game is fairly difficult to begin with (though usually fair), the platinum is incredibly time-consuming. That being said, using the item trading thread can save you plenty of hours, and doing a little level grinding can make your life a lot easier, even if it drags out the process to be longer than it already is.

To anyone who decides to tackle the game, I highly recommend the Demon's Souls Wiki, as well as Mace's guide to cheesing the boss battles (located here).

Edited by jqtaxpayer

I voted it a 7.

Playing through the first time was challenging because of trial and error, but if we're judging how difficult the trophies are I don't think there's anything that's impossible to get. You don't have to do anything but play the game itself; there are no tricky trophies. You can conceivably get all but 3 trophies in one playthrough (you can't possibly get all three of the Saint's Trophy, Sage's Trophy, and Soldier's Trophy in one playthrough, at best you can get 2/3 if you trade with someone to get weapons that require boss's demon souls, and of course you can't get the platinum in one playthrough).

Just because this game is a grind and requires trial and error (and a ton of patience and perseverence) doesn't make it a hard platinum.

That being said, it's probably the most rewarding platinum that I've obtained because I know a lot of of people won't be able to stick with this game long enough to reach it. It looks really good next to my other ones (even my Harry Potter platinum). :D

Demon Souls is simple and straightforward. It does take a great deal of patience, and is very time consuming though (like fighting a non boss mob for 15 minutes, or fighting a boss for 20 to 30). Also, for getting some of the weapon trophies, there is a great deal of luck required in getting the ore to drop, and it does require multiple playthroughs to get everything finished.

I vote it a 6, maybe a 7, because the rules are simple, but one minor mistake can cost you greatly.

• 2 weeks later...
who would rate this game a 5. ur kidding right. 1 play through took me 34 hours. lvl 86 and i only have 18 trophies. and from walkthroughs i have seen it takes 4 playthroughs to get plat if ur lucky.

It's not really that bad. I rated it a 5 because I suck at gaming. Seriously. I can't do most of the easy platinum games and I seem to have trouble with most games, however I was able to do this game quite well.

It's got a HUGE learning curve, but after you get past the learning curve the game is pretty easy. My third playthrough I died like 5 times before the end boss and like 3 of those deaths were due to a control issue, or a really bad luck due to having enemies that normally don't follow me off the cliff so quickly follow me and then push me off because I was unable to get past them and could only block and their attacks pushed me off the cliff.

If you use a spear, upgrade it, and the purple flame shield, and upgrade it, then get used to the game, it's way easy. However if you don't learn enemy movements and never use the online play, it's really hard.

Ya it took me 150 hours to platinum the game, but I don't know how many of those hours were PVP or me looking up stuff online. I don't feel like the game is as hard as people make it out to be. I'm only rating it a 5 because I don't feel like a game can be THAT hard if EVEN I can platinum this game.

My platinums are Disgaea 3, Burnout Paradise, Buzz Quiz T.V. (which using tricks like Video Capture Cards), Demon's Souls, and Disney's Up (because I was bored one day and wanted to get to level 13)

I feel like once you get hte learning curve down, get used to enemy movement patterns, and spend a decent amount of time on the game it's a cake walk. I was able to literally run through the game my 3rd playthrough.

You still have to be on your guard but I usually stay online, alive, and wipe out most of those would be assassins. Maybe I'm just a natural at this one game and almost no others, because I did do really well in PVP and rarely ever lost, however, I can beat almost every boss with or without extorting certain glitches, staying out of their reach, etc...

The reason I put this game as a 5 is because I felt that online really makes the beginning beatable while you're learning the curves and getting to good farm spots and resources, and that online helped me get a few items that I was having a hard time getting the situation setup ideally. So if you can't use the online I'd probably rate it an 8 because by yourself the game is insane, but with guides, tips and help from others the difficulty goes down drastically.

I mean it takes 30 shots to down a 4th playthrough red dragon with a spierstone upgraded compound longbow using the Magical Makoto sword to drain your HP and then Clever Rat's Ring as well as the morion blade.

As long as you adapt your play style to handle each threat appropriately, you should get the hang of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my platinum after about 120 hours. I played alot more than needed to just get the plat though. Alot of PvP. I gave it a 7.

The game has a steep learning curve but isnt that hard once you get into it and all that farming was a pain in the ass. If this game didnt have online for co-op and trading id probably have said 9.

Edited by TheFlyingToaster

i forget what i rated this in the poll since i did it the other day lol. i think i gave it an 8, though.

it took me 165 hours and NewGame+++ to get the platinum. it's my second most cherished plat after...Mirror's Edgehttp://www.illesty.net/board/images/smilies/001_wub.gif.

i think it was a fair mix of difficulty and length as far as getting the platinum. while the game wasn't TOO hard (and not as hard as the pre-US-release reviews made it seem), it WAS punishing. if you screwed up, and you most certainly would, the game would punish you for it. and it was always YOUR fault for screwing up. the game wasn't cheap or anything, it just made you pay if you weren't always on your toes.

i think the length came from farming stones and needing multiple boss souls to make the unique weapons and spells. when i was on NewGame+++ and still needed Marrowstone (i hadn't started farming it yet) and that godforsaken Pure Bladestone, i just met up with somebody and traded weapons. i loved every second of the game and was proud of my accomplishments in it, but at that point i was ready to move on lol.

Edited by jthamind

I just got this game, and have yet to play it but by reading some of the comments it seems like it's similar in concept to cross edge. Very steep learning curve and therefore people said the platinum was really difficult, when it really wasn't, just very time consuming.

I can't wait to start this game.

I just got this game, and have yet to play it but by reading some of the comments it seems like it's similar in concept to cross edge. Very steep learning curve and therefore people said the platinum was really difficult, when it really wasn't, just very time consuming.

I can't wait to start this game.

I think the general consensus is that the trophies themselves aren't where the difficulty is coming from, but rather that the game itself is hard. Most of the trophies are fairly straightforward, but you're going to die several hundred times en route to achieving those goals.