Vita boosting made somewhat easier

So, there is a kinda sorta easier way to boost on the Vita version of UMvC3, which is probably known by everyone at this point, but the for the heck of it, I'll confirm that it kinda works. It involves two vitas (either you and your /boosting partner, or yours and a spare vita on a alt account).

It follows the same method as two ps3s with turbo (or even regular) controllers, which is to let it sit in a private lobby with two people. Everything is on a timer and will proceed automatically, be it the character/stage select screen, the result screen and the lobby screen, so you can let it sit and up the round/hour count. To bypass the Vita's auto standby, just rubberband the right analog stick, which will keep the Vita active.

There are some differences between the two methods.

The lack of turbo function means that you won't rack up the hours/rounds at the same rate, seeing as precious seconds are wasted on the character and result screens.

Because you are bypassing the Auto Standby, there is also the issue of the Vita screen burning out. I don't know how high the risk runs (from what I gather, it isn't a HUGE risk), but I'd encourage to remember this tidbit, and keep your vita off for a good while the next day.

Edited by Mousinator007

• 3 weeks later...

????? No, I had the most recent patch and everything.

None of those timers boot you out of the lobby and into the main menu, that's only if the connection fails or the host leaves. Those timers make start/character/stage selections for you, not cancel everything out.

Edited by Mousinator007

• 10 months later...