Titan Attacks! (PS4, PS3, PSVita) ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Gage

BQhqtyJ.png

Not a member of the forum and found this guide useful? Why not sign up!

This guide may not be reproduced, copied, or posted on another site without the express permission of the guide author. If you find this guide posted on another site then please let the guide author or a playstationtrophies.org staff member know. Thank you.

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 Trophy Difficulty Thread
  • Offline trophies: 13 (9(B), 3(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies: N/A
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 2 – 3 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1+ (1 playthrough = 100 waves)
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty select
  • Do trophies stack?: All three versions share a list
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No known cheats

Introduction:

Welcome to Titan Attacks!, a Space Invaders-esque game fused with a bullet-hell shooter. On your quest for 100% you will need to finish 100 waves of increasingly difficult enemy onslaughts, with possibly more required after to clean up some miscellaneous trophies. The 100% is rather easy and should only take you a couple of hours, but is rather fun for the short amount of playtime.

Please note: this game does not have saving in the traditional sense! You can’t choose to save at individual points in the game to come back to later, but you can save a round that you are on and choose to leave the game at any time. See the end of the roadmap for a note on how to easily use the saving to your advantage.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Beat wave 100

In this step you will gain all of the individual level based trophies as well as most of the miscellaneous trophies. While working to level 100 you should try to catch as many of the live aliens as possible to lessen your grind time after you reach wave 100. You may not get the trophies for 100, but you should for sure earn the trophies for getting 50 of each of the saucer kills, captures and skill shots, as well as the x9 multiplier trophy.

In this step you should earn:

EARTH (B)

MOON (B)

MARS (B)

50 SAUCERS (B)

MULTIPLIER (B)

SATURN (B)

MARKSMAN (B)

AREA 51 (B)

TITAN (G)

Step 2: Clean up the misc trophies

In this step you will earn the rest of the trophies for doing 100 of each task and fully upgrading your ship. After wave 100 the game starts you over as if you were on wave 1 again, so the enemy amounts are very low so it is easy to slowly take out all the enemies and make sure you capture every alien that drops from a ship. Once you have your ship maxed out you can easily buy back any shields you use up each round making sure you get all the captures.

In this step you will earn if you haven’t already:

ULTIMATE SHIP (B)

SHARP SHOOTER (S)

ALIEN AUTOPSY (S)

100 SAUCERS (S)

Note about saving: This game only gives you one life, and as soon as you are hit without any shield left you are done and have to start over from wave 1. It is fairly easy to cheat this though, due to the game giving you a single save state that you can return to from the pause menu. Choosing save and quit from the pause menu puts you back at the main menu then allows you to return to the beginning of the round you were on last with whatever you started the round with. There are two possible strategies you can use with this:

1. Save and Quit when you lose all your shields. For this strategy you simply choose save and quit whenever you have lost all your shields and the bar on the top of your screen is blinking red. Once you resume the game you will be back at the start of the round you quit on with the same shield level and number of bombs you started the round with. This lets you quit during any round you choose, but you lose out on a possible hit you could have finished the round with. This method is faster and should be easier overall.

2. Save and Quit every few rounds, close game if you get a game over. This strategy is only different in that it requires you close the game from the XMB (or PS4/Vita equivalent) if you get a game over screen. You will have to save and quit to the main menu every few rounds to maintain a saved round, but if you choose this method you get an extra hit that you can work with that you would occasionally be able to finish a round with. If you die and are shown a game over message, immediately close the game and start it again. You will be back at the start of the round you last saved on. This method takes slightly longer than the first, but works basically the same. I advise using this first method over this one.

Edited by TheManUtdFan
Editorial Sweep

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/fa8.jpg EARTH (B)

Completed the Earth Levels

This trophy is earned for completing wave 20, which is the last wave in the Earth set of levels. See TITAN for an explanation of waves and a simple strategy for bosses.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/64d.jpg MOON (B)

Completed the Moon levels

This trophy is earned for completing wave 40, which is the last wave in the Moon set of levels. See TITAN for an explanation of waves and a simple strategy for bosses.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/df1.jpg MARS (B)

Completed the Mars levels

This trophy is earned for completing wave 60, which is the last wave in the Mars set of levels. See TITAN for an explanation of waves and a simple strategy for bosses.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/09b.jpg 50 SAUCERS (B)

Destroyed 50 saucers

This trophy is earned for destroying a total of 50 saucers. See 100 SAUCERS.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/b4a.jpg MULTIPLIER (B)

Got the x9 multiplier

This trophy is earned for reaching a x9 multiplier at any point in the game. You gain a number on your multiplier whenever you finish a wave without getting hit, and you lose all your multiplier whenever you get hit. You should earn this trophy early on in the first set of waves as it is easiest, or for sure once you return to the Earth levels after wave 100 as the enemy patterns are the same as the first time. Simply be careful when destroying enemies and watch for enemy shots, and you should get this trophy without much trouble.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/e97.jpg SATURN (B)

Completed the Saturn levels

This trophy is earned for completing wave 80, which is the last wave in the Saturn set of levels. See TITAN for an explanation of waves and a simple strategy for bosses.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/040.jpg ULTIMATE SHIP (B)

Everything maxed out

This trophy is earned for having every upgrade shown on the shop screen fully upgraded at the same time. This includes having maximum shields and smart bombs. You will most likely earn this after you reach wave 100 and continue to clean up the rest of the trophies. Work on upgrading all the weapons and single purchase upgrades first, then once you have them all upgraded purchase smart bombs and shields to their maximum amount to earn the trophy. See below image of what is actually required to earn the trophy.

nuEKfYT.jpg

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/6b4.jpg MARKSMAN (B)

Got 50 skill shots

This trophy is earned for achieving 50 skill shots kills on enemies. See SHARP SHOOTER.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/287.jpg AREA 51 (B)

Captured 50 live aliens

This trophy is earned for capturing 50 live aliens when they are released from destroyed enemies. See ALIEN AUTOPSY.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/801.jpg SHARP SHOOTER (S)

Got 100 skill shots

This trophy is earned for getting 100 skill shot kills. Skill shots are achieved when you destroy a ship that is smoking and falling towards you. When you hit it it will then explode and show a message about getting a skill shot then a points and multiplier number. You should achieve the 100 through your playthrough of the game without much trouble, especially after you have the extra weapons added to your ship.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/229.jpg ALIEN AUTOPSY (S)

Captured 100 live aliens

This trophy is earned for catching 100 of the live aliens that are dropped by destroyed ships. These aliens are black with green eyes, and fall attached to parachutes. Other than the trophy for fully upgrading your ship this will most likely be the last trophy you earn, as it is very easy to kill the aliens accidentally before you are able to catch them. You should be making sure during your first 100 waves to catch as many aliens as possible, as it becomes somewhat harder with fully upgraded weapons due to the laser destroying ships and immediately killing the alien that is released. Once you are past wave 100 your main concern should be catching the 100 aliens. If you see one drop try to immediately stop shooting and catch it before you destroy more enemies. If you have a fully upgraded ship you can easily rebuy any shields you lose trying to catch any aliens.

If you want to grind captures or saucer kills without continuing after fully upgrading your ship, you can do so by dying after wave 100 or choosing not to load your save. You can then choose which set of waves to start on, so you can choose to start on Titan and easily grind captures and kills from there. The first few levels spawn many saucers and the enemies drop quite a few aliens, sometimes up to 3 a level in my experience. You can run through a few levels like this if you want or simply complete the first each time them start from wave 80 again from the main menu. I do advise backing up your save first before you do this, in case you want to go back and continue playing from your previous highest wave if you want to come back to the game later.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/b22.jpg 100 SAUCERS (S)

Destroyed 100 saucers

This trophy is earned for destroying 100 saucers. This doesn't mean the regular saucers that spawn with the other enemies, this means the saucers that fly across the top of the screen that drop pick-ups when they are destroyed. They can sometimes be hard to hit without upgraded weapons due to the number of enemies on screen, but are very easy to get with upgraded weapons. Once you pass wave 100 you should focus on destroying them whenever possible alongside catching aliens. You will probably destroy a fair few without trying along the way, so this won’t be as big a concern as the 100 captures.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2713/b72.jpg TITAN (G)

Completed the Titan levels

This trophy is earned for completing wave 100, which is the last wave in the Titan set of levels. Every 20th wave you reach a boss level, which is the last wave in a location’s set of waves. Bosses are fairly easy to beat, but do have regular enemies before them in a level so you have to be sure not to lose too many shields before facing the boss. My preferred strategy for all the bosses was to use a smart bomb at the beginning to deal with the regular enemies, then take out the weapons on each side of the boss before worrying about the main body. After you destroy all the weapons simply attack the body of the boss until it is destroyed.

Note that the trophy for completing each set of waves pops after the upgrade screen once you start the next wave.

Edited by TheManUtdFan
Editorial Sweep

Okay all done. :o I'll check everything over again and fix formatting right now. Should have a banner and text made up before I go to bed. Game is a good choice for THL for any current participants or any saving up games for next season. ;) Definitely not worth the price tag though, unless you like it enough to continue playing after the 100%.

Something something words of praise. Seriously though, good guide. FYI, level 81 (the first one on Titan) is the quickest place to farm Saucers. Three spawned in the first 30 seconds almost everytime. I said "no" to loading my saved game, then picked Titan and just did Save and Quit every time I killed 2-3 of them.

Something something words of praise. Seriously though, good guide. FYI, level 81 (the first one on Titan) is the quickest place to farm Saucers. Three spawned in the first 30 seconds almost everytime. I said "no" to loading my saved game, then picked Titan and just did Save and Quit every time I killed 2-3 of them.

Aaah okay I'll add that in sometime today then. It would be good for farming capture's as well since if I remember correctly that one spawns quite a few of the aliens doesn't it? :p

Aaah okay I'll add that in sometime today then. It would be good for farming capture's as well since if I remember correctly that one spawns quite a few of the aliens doesn't it? :p

It sure does. You just have to be careful about how powerful your guns are. Near the end of the game I annihilated sooo many aliens before I realized they spawned. Also the hit box on your tank.. thing is atrocious.

Guide looks good gg. Too bad this game shared a list across all 3 versions. I might have gone for it if there was at least 2 trophy sets. Otherwise gonna be waiting on a price drop.

Yeah there's been a few indie games out lately that are like that. :/ If there we three lists (or even two like with Cel Damage) then from our perspective as trophy hunters they would be more worth the $15, but for only one it isn't really worth it for a two hour long game. Definitely grab it if it ever is only sale for $5 or so though, because then it would be a much better deal.

great guide.. thanks for the save tips

Thanks ^^ Glad it helped

Before reaching lvl 100 i had all trophies except alien autopsy. Farming these green bastards took me to wave 160 as i was killing them accidentally so many times with fully upgraded ship :S So much fun from game anyway :D

Yeah they're extremely easy to kill. I had to go up to about 170 again for them because I would always kill them. :p Such as hassle to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide. I really struggled with the game initially, till I watched a video and saw a guy shooting missiles and lasers fast. The Add-Ons don't do much if you hold down :r1: - but if you tap the button (for those like me without a rapid fire controller) it is very powerful. I restarted from stage 1 to build up the best three upgrades: Gun Power, Xtra Bullets and Add-Ons (picking whatever purchases where available from those). Don't bother with recharge at all till you have those three maxed out. With those intact and tapping the fire button, I had an easier time on stage 100 then I previously did on stage 20.

Edited by TigerLust

• 1 month later...
Yeah there's been a few indie games out lately that are like that. :/ If there we three lists (or even two like with Cel Damage) then from our perspective as trophy hunters they would be more worth the $15, but for only one it isn't really worth it for a two hour long game. Definitely grab it if it ever is only sale for $5 or so though, because then it would be a much better deal.

So I ended up picking this up while on sale for around $5. Good game, but short with not much challenge.

Thanks for the guide :applause:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, needed it for that save trick. Just a heads up for anybody out there that hasn't played the game: there is no cross save so pick a platform and stick with it. Also you have to continuously be online to be registered to the online leaderboard, I played for hours at work and should be in the top 25. Unbeknownst to me the game doesn't save your score and then upload it to the leaderboard. Oh well..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...