Towerfall Ascension ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Vo1cl

Platinum isn't possible if I have only got one controller? If I have read it correctly.

That would be correct. You actually need 4 controllers to 100% it because one of the multiplayer awards needs a triple kill.

If you have 2 controllers you can get all the trophies except the glitched ones, and the multiplayer award trophy.

If you only have 1 controller, I believe you can only get one trophy (beating the first 3 levels of ascension)

Edited by Vo1cl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be correct. You actually need 4 controllers to 100% it because one of the multiplayer awards needs a triple kill.

If you have 2 controllers you can get all the trophies except the glitched ones, and the multiplayer award trophy.

If you only have 1 controller, I believe you can only get one trophy (beating the first 3 levels of ascension)

Ok thanks.

This is really annoying and I don't think the dev thought this through properly.

Ok thanks.

This is really annoying and I don't think the dev thought this through properly.

I recognize how annoying it is (I had to buy 3 more controllers) but I don't disagree with what the dev did. He didn't base the game around trophies; the game is meant to be played as a 4-player competitive experience. It's just a shame that it came out this early in the PS4's life cycle, since most can't/won't buy an additional 3 controllers. However, I'm really happy that I got the 4 controllers total. This game is a blast 4-player!

So you can't use the reassignment trick with controllers to beat this game? In other games if you have two ppl join on screen then log in as two other profiles with those controllers after adjusting devices you'll get 4 player with less controllers. Just curious has this been attempted. If it doesn't work then screw this game because no game is worth blowing $120 bucks over especially when it's broken and can't be platted.

So you can't use the reassignment trick with controllers to beat this game? In other games if you have two ppl join on screen then log in as two other profiles with those controllers after adjusting devices you'll get 4 player with less controllers. Just curious has this been attempted. If it doesn't work then screw this game because no game is worth blowing $120 bucks over especially when it's broken and can't be platted.

Nope each player needs their own controller. It logs out the other people when you try that method.

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide, without it I wouldn't have gotten most of the trophies :) A technique I use to boost rounds - although most of the time I play with someone else - is playing any amount of rounds (I choose 3+), turn off Instant Replay, set Variants to Cursed Bow and No Arrows (I choose Big Heads too, since it's pretty funny, though doesn't affect the boosting). Then, with 2 controllers, I keeping tapping the square button to shoot arrows from both players, which instantly kills them, as soon as possible due to Cursed Bow. I then press X to play another round and repeat the process. This of course requires you to be manually doing it yourself which isn't very desirable, but when I did ten rounds and timed, I got it done in just under a minute. This means that with my method, 1 round = approximately 6 seconds, 100 rounds = 10 minutes, and 1,000 rounds = 1 hour + 40 minutes (correct me if I'm wrong). This is most likely the fastest way possible way to boost through rounds as players die instantly.

But to get to 20,000 rounds would take 33.3 hours. So my method is probably suited for 1,000 rounds only, but 33 hours isn't very long when you think about it, since most people play heaps of rounds for fun. Others have probably already thought about it before, but I thought I'd mention it :)

Again, thanks for the guide!

-- You can also use Cursed Dodges and press R1/R2/L1/L2 on both controllers instead.EDIT: Thankfully there is going to be a patch that changes the 20 000 rounds to only 5 000, which is a lot less time-consuming to get to if boosting.

Edited by ECHELON12256

I need help with some of the Battle Stenography Awards.

I seem to be having trouble unlocking:

8) Late to the Party - what does it mean by being the last to join in the fight? I've tried having players 2-4 run around shooting each other and then having player 1 wait a few seconds and then run and kill everyone but thats not working.

54) Overachiever Award - I had 4 players in the game and had player 1 kill everyone until the final round and then in the last round have him kill 1 player and then put the last 2 players in a corner and then blow them up with a bomb arrow but i keep getting other awards like 'eagle eye' and i never get the 'overachiever award?

Really what i need to know is; is there a way to 'narrow down' which awards you'll get at the end of the match, as my problem seems to be that i don't get the required awards because I keep getting common awards I already have like 'eagle eye', 'most lethal' and trigger happy'.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you :D

I need help with some of the Battle Stenography Awards.

I seem to be having trouble unlocking:

8) Late to the Party - what does it mean by being the last to join in the fight? I've tried having players 2-4 run around shooting each other and then having player 1 wait a few seconds and then run and kill everyone but thats not working.

54) Overachiever Award - I had 4 players in the game and had player 1 kill everyone until the final round and then in the last round have him kill 1 player and then put the last 2 players in a corner and then blow them up with a bomb arrow but i keep getting other awards like 'eagle eye' and i never get the 'overachiever award?

Really what i need to know is; is there a way to 'narrow down' which awards you'll get at the end of the match, as my problem seems to be that i don't get the required awards because I keep getting common awards I already have like 'eagle eye', 'most lethal' and trigger happy'.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you :D

Hey sorry I clarified Late to the Party and Overachiever in the guide so hopefully they make more sense now!

Anyway, one thing I found is that if I played longer matches (7 rounds as opposed to 3), it seemed more likely that I would get the rarer awards. Also, be careful that you don't do amazingly well with the player trying to get the rare awards, and even sabotage them so they don't get some. For instance, if you miss a bunch of shots with the player, chances are they won't get Eagle Eye. You can also use some of the other characters and try to get them to get an award, like Eagle Eye. Just don't accidentally set yourself up for another award like Comeback King.

Hey sorry I clarified Late to the Party and Overachiever in the guide so hopefully they make more sense now!

Anyway, one thing I found is that if I played longer matches (7 rounds as opposed to 3), it seemed more likely that I would get the rarer awards. Also, be careful that you don't do amazingly well with the player trying to get the rare awards, and even sabotage them so they don't get some. For instance, if you miss a bunch of shots with the player, chances are they won't get Eagle Eye. You can also use some of the other characters and try to get them to get an award, like Eagle Eye. Just don't accidentally set yourself up for another award like Comeback King.

Thanks for that Vo1cl, that was exactly the help I was looking for :) I thought I'd never get those awards but thanks to you I will get the trophy. Thank you so much :) :applause:

I have some questions regarding the versus awards. Hopefully, someone can help. :)

4) Most Devious – Get a kill using screen wrapping.

What exactly must be done to get this award? I have shot an arrow to the left so that it appears on the right and killed someone. But I don't get the award.

26) Least Composed – Died while trying to dodge during your dodge cooldown.

What does dodge cooldown mean?

27) Artless Dodger Award – Spammed dodge a lot but never actually caught an arrow.

I have pressed R2 many many times, but don't get this award. Is there anything else that must be done to get it?

28) Most Twitchy – Catch at least 2 arrows with the "no dodge" variant.

What is the "no dodge" variant? :confused:

30) Most Takebacks – Recovered the most arrows

I have recovered many of me own arrows but never get the award. What exactly does "recover" mean here?

33) Most Reckless – Died the most from stage traps like lava and spiked balls.

I jumped in the lava many times, but don't get the award. What must be done for this award?

Edited by Neptunilus

I have some questions regarding the versus awards. Hopefully, someone can help. :)

What exactly must be done to get this award? I have shot an arrow to the left so that it appears on the right and killed someone. But I don't get the award.

I have pressed R2 many many times, but don't get this award. Is there anything else that must be done to get it?

I have recovered many of me own arrows but never get the award. What exactly does "recover" mean here?

I jumped in the lava many times, but don't get the award. What must be done for this award?

Hi, I am currently writing some tips in your thread but it's taking some time cause I'm writing it on the PS4 lol. Sorry, I'll post it soon :)

Edited by ECHELON12256

So first off, no need to double post this :/

Anyway, right off the bat, I found that a lot of the rarer awards were given when I played longer games and got multiples, so just in general max out the amount of rounds and get 2-3+ kills for each of them.

4) Most Devious – Get a kill using screen wrapping.

Not sure what you're doing wrong here. I found that doing games with longer rounds helped out. Also, try getting 2-3 wrap kills.

26) Least Composed – Died while trying to dodge during your dodge cooldown.

The cooldown is the 1-2 seconds after a dodge where you can't dodge again. Try turning on the "Show Dodge Cooldown" variant to physically see this. You have to die during this cool down period, while trying to dodge.

27) Artless Dodger Award

Try pressing R2 to dodge the arrow, but don't actual catch it.

28) Most Twitchy – Catch at least 2 arrows with the "no dodge" variant.

Not sure how else to explain this, there's a variant you can enable called "No Dodge" that disables the dodge. It does allow you to catch an arrow if you press the dodge button the exact second an arrow is about to hit you.

29) Super Booper – Get a stomp kill by dodging horizontally. Most easily accomplished by having an opponent jump upwards into your dodge.

I jumped into another players dodge and got killed, but didn't get the award. Is there anything else to do?

Not sure what else to tell you. The dodge has to be completely horizontal. Try getting multiple kills this way.

30) Most Takebacks – Recovered the most arrows

Recover just means pick up a lot of them. Try getting as many as you can, and turn on as many controllers as possible.

33) Most Reckless – Died the most from stage traps like lava and spiked balls.

Try using spike balls. Also, enable 4 players (or as many as you can) to increase the amount of awards given out.

So first off, no need to double post this :/

Sorry, wasn't sure if I should post it here or in a new thread. :o

Anyway, right off the bat, I found that a lot of the rarer awards were given when I played longer games and got multiples, so just in general max out the amount of rounds and get 2-3+ kills for each of them.

Ok, that's a good point. :)

I earned the following awards now:

4) Most Devious

27) Artless Dodger Award

28) Most Twitchy

29) Super Booper

The other ones seems to be very hard to get. :eek:

Edited by Neptunilus

Sorry I gave up since Vo1cl already bet me to it. I can re-write it if you still want help?

My missing awards are now:

26) Least Composed

30) Most Takebacks

33) Most Reckless

38) Bottle Rocket Award

40) Triple Kill

54) Overachiever Award

For the last two I need 4 controllers, so cannot test at the moment.

Any additional tip for the other 4 awards would be great. Maybe the best map to do it or the number of required kills, etc.

EDIT:

After some more tries I got:

26) Least Composed

38) Bottle Rocket Award

Only 4 awards missing now. :)

Edited by Neptunilus

My missing awards are now:

26) Least Composed

30) Most Takebacks

33) Most Reckless

38) Bottle Rocket Award

40) Triple Kill

54) Overachiever Award

For the last two I need 4 controllers, so cannot test at the moment.

Any additional tip for the other 4 awards would be great. Maybe the best map to do it or the number of required kills, etc.

EDIT:

After some more tries I got:

26) Least Composed

38) Bottle Rocket Award

Only 4 awards missing now. :)

There, I posted it in your thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm missing the following and have absolutely no idea on how to actually get these awards, could any1 please explain it to me in detail? Would be much appreciated

27) Artless Dodger Award – Spammed dodge a lot but never actually caught an arrow.

52) Steak In Mouth Award – Won the game, lost your winning point via suicide before the round ends, and then end up losing the entire game.

Edited by LoAlexandria

I'm missing the following and have absolutely no idea on how to actually get these awards, could any1 please explain it to me in detail? Would be much appreciated

52) Steak In Mouth Award – Won the game, lost your winning point via suicide before the round ends, and then end up losing the entire game.

Artless Dodger just dodge a whole bunch of arrows shot at you without ever catching any. So dodge straight up if an arrow is shot at you/

Steak in mouth you need to be playing headhunters. Win the game (ie. get kill 10 of 10) but before it ends kill yourself via suicide or a level trap (lava or bomb). It'll give a point for the win, then subtract a point for the suicide. Then just don't win the game in the subsequent rounds.

Artless Dodger just dodge a whole bunch of arrows shot at you without ever catching any. So dodge straight up if an arrow is shot at you/

Steak in mouth you need to be playing headhunters. Win the game (ie. get kill 10 of 10) but before it ends kill yourself via suicide or a level trap (lava or bomb). It'll give a point for the win, then subtract a point for the suicide. Then just don't win the game in the subsequent rounds.

Artless dodger: i always get most evasive and stuff, when going for it like that, but i'll try again.

Steak in mouth: same thing with all the "most xxx" awards. so just have to get some1 else getting more kills/more arrows/more anything.

I'll give it another shot - thx

• 2 weeks later...

Man I was so happy to see this got patched fixing the glitched trophies, so I come straight to here and then see that this game requires 4 controllers!

God, looks like I gotta wait for one of my friends to get a PS4 and hopefully they let me borrow their controllers =\

Just a quick question, I glanced through the guide but does the entire game need 4 controllers or just a small part of it? I think friends will be more inclined to lend me a controller or 2 if it's just for a day.

Man I was so happy to see this got patched fixing the glitched trophies, so I come straight to here and then see that this game requires 4 controllers!

God, looks like I gotta wait for one of my friends to get a PS4 and hopefully they let me borrow their controllers =\

Just a quick question, I glanced through the guide but does the entire game need 4 controllers or just a small part of it? I think friends will be more inclined to lend me a controller or 2 if it's just for a day.

Just a small part; 1-2 of the awards for Battle Stenography. You need 2 controllers for all the level and character unlocks though.