1440 minutes broken? Is it working for you?

triebs2

Hi guys I am stuck on 823 minutes in create mode. I tried the repeating square button method for an hour while watching tv, but I was still at 823 minutes. Then I tried creating a level for a few minutes and saved it, still stuck at 823. Then I waited a day, came back to it, legitimately worked on a level for 10 minutes, saved it, was still stuck at 823 minutes. I played a level in the community and check lbp.me and it popped up right away showing I had played the level, so I don't think a server was just temporarily down or anything.

This all started happening right after the latest patch update.

This, of course, is my last trophy toward the platinum.

Can other people in North America try this for a while and confirm whether it is just me? If it is happening for you, any idea who is still updating this game? Sony studios?

PS - if you are not aware, you can track minutes in create mode by checking your pin progress under the create pins. me/my pins

Well, I noticed a few days ago that the time counter for the 1440 minutes of create badge/trophy was "broken", so I came here to check if anyone else experienced the same thing... I'm sort of glad to see I'm not alone in that case! ^^'

I second what guncha226 wrote, the latest patch (1.30) caused this for me.

I tried to contact MM, but it states on their website that they are no longer working on LBP and redirect to PlayStation support, so I just left a message on the official LBP facebook page, dunno if it'll work... If anyone finds a reliable way to report a bug, let us know here!

In case it doesn't get fixed, is it possible to delete a patch after it's been installed? I took a look around earlier and couldn't find anything...

EDIT : I also started a new thread in the LBP section of the PlayStation forum: see here...

Edited by kinjall

Retail release:

Delete the install files from the Game Data Utility then reinstall and decline the patch, you will have to start a new game as your existing saves won't be recognised by the game since they're patched to a higher version. Once you have access to the Moon, use whatever method suits you best to get your 24hrs, then re-patch after it's popped.

Digital Release:

This only applies if the Digital release is not pre-patched, if it is then you're stuffed.

Delete the entire game from the XMB along with any related files in the Game Data Utility. Now re-download and re-install the game but decline the patch, you will have to start a new game as your existing saves won't be recognised by the game since they're patched to a higher version. Once you have access to the Moon, use whatever method suits you best to get your 24hrs, then re-patch after it's popped.

:).

Edited by Terminator
Rephraed.

you will have to start a new game as your existing saves won't be recognised by the game since they're patched to a higher version.
That's what I feared when I saw "version 1.30" in the details of the LBP2 file in the Game Data Utility. A bit annoying when you think I was only 3 hours away from completing this...

Well I don't think I'm ready to spend another 21h just to recreate what I had done, and I sure as hell won't spend 24h to repeatedly press :square:, so I really hope this gets fixed!

Anyway, thanks for the info Terminator! ;)

Edited by kinjall

Well, I guess we just need to have our voices be heard. Who and where should we contact about this issue?
I'm with you on this one!

I just don't know exactly who to contact either. A couple of people reported the same issue in my thread on the PS forums but that didn't seem to alarm anyone, and my post on facebook went completely unnoticed...

I haven't used twitter for ages, but I guess it's worth a try! :D

Other than the posted workaround, I have a feeling that those people are hacking these trophies :think:.

Haven't received any form of response from them. I've also e-mailed one of the devs, and nothing so far. If you guys want this fixed more people need to start sending them messages.

Thanks for replays!

greenzaber, who did you contacted? Pass the e-mail adresses you send messages to and I start to mail them everyday. ;) Hopefully people who read this thread will contact them also.

So we have confirmation that they're doing something about it.
Awesome news! And well done for posting on the US PS blog!

Contacting them there or on twitter seems to be way more efficient than anywhere I've tried... ^^'

I hope they release the game update soon, so I can finally remove LBP2 from my backlog (more than 3 years after first playing it)... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Edit: Patch 1.31 is out and appears to have fixed the issues. Logged several minutes last night.
I'm reading your post only now! :francis:

I've just updated to version 1.31 too, and everything seems indeed fine with the create time counter!

(P), here I come!

Thanks for the heads up, I would have thought they'd announce the release of such a patch (or at least mention it when they revealed the Lemmings costume)...

• 3 weeks later...