GameSpy Services Will Be Ending On May 31st 2014 - Assistance Needed!

I just don't understand how ufc 2010 shuts down before ufc 2009. Both are on gamespy servers right? Also it was never mentioned on the first page here. The status says unknown. It should say offline. In fact it never should have been on the list. Seeing as the servers have been down before the may 31st announcement lol.

Yes, it shouldnt be on the list and the boosting thread should have been closed.

Glu most probably shut it down when they aquired gamespy coz they knew that nobody can get online pass anymore....

Glu mobile makes EA like an angel company!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't seem to be able to find an answer to this anywhere online so I'm asking here

Can you get all the Multiplayer trophies for HAWX in LAN games (with the requisite No of PS3s for trophies like Medic of course)

I just earned a trophy in a LAN game and was wondering if anybody has done it that way?

Seems as though the R* games that will be affected wont happen until June 10th

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203102767-Effect-of-GameSpy-Closure-on-Past-Rockstar-Titles

So basically, they're just taking out Social Club then shitting all over the PS3 versions of the games. :| Thanks a ton R*. RDR is really the only one I care about because it's the only game I really liked enough to plat, and already did it back in February. If GTA4 is still achievable after I'll do it eventually, but I don't care that much about Midnight Club.

So has High stakes poker on the Vegas strip been terminated?

If so, that royal flush will be forever left :pout:.

EDIT: Nvm still on. Hopefully it will be on for the next 24-48hrs. Got 2 turbo's arriving today, so will self boost again overnight, and be hopefully of that last remaining online trophy.

Glad I've managed to get GTA: IV + Midnight out the way, been wanting to do GTA: IV for quite abit now tbf.

Edited by Combatting

I know its not on the list but just to make sure... Is it safe to buy Battlefield 1943?

It was confirmed ages ago that BF 1943 has nothing to do with GameSpy on the PS3 :).

Don't seem to be able to find an answer to this anywhere online so I'm asking here

Can you get all the Multiplayer trophies for HAWX in LAN games (with the requisite No of PS3s for trophies like Medic of course)

I just earned a trophy in a LAN game and was wondering if anybody has done it that way?

Yes you can but you need 4 PS3s to get the Medic trophy and 2 to get the rest so not feasible for most people :(.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

So has High stakes poker on the Vegas strip been terminated?

If so, that royal flush will be forever left :pout:.

EDIT: Nvm still on. Hopefully it will be on for the next 24-48hrs. Got 2 turbo's arriving today, so will self boost again overnight, and be hopefully of that last remaining online trophy.

Glad I've managed to get GTA: IV + Midnight out the way, been wanting to do GTA: IV for quite abit now tbf.

It usually freezes once an hour though, atleast for me.

I entered online just few moment ago, joining a created costum match. Maybe HAWKS multiplayer won't be affected.

Don't talk with me please.

Don't know whether to :facepalm: / :rofl:.

I was just asking a civilised question. Fine.

But after june 10th can we still play online in rdr?

Really it all depends on whether R* will be patching the thing.

As of now just the multiplayer will remain, so if that's what your asking then yes you can play online still ;). Just the leaderboards and social club will be going down, whether it will effect trophies we won't know.

Edited by Combatting

Seriously, I'm now confused.

It was said that Gamespy is shutting down on May 31st but it's June 2nd and it's still up.

Additionally out of a sudden R* changes their website and they add June 10th as final day. If you compare this to EA's statement about June 30th it gets even more wicked :)

Not sure if I have time to boost something more or should I stop, lol :)

It usually freezes once an hour though, atleast for me.

The freezing on Poker is so annoying...I leave both systems on and leave the house for an hour and come back frozen.....I must have played 100k in hands over two months and all i have to show for it is my dummy ps3 popped a royal flush.

Edited by djhmetfan2

Seriously, I'm now confused.

It was said that Gamespy is shutting down on May 31st but it's June 2nd and it's still up.

Additionally out of a sudden R* changes their website and they add June 10th as final day. If you compare this to EA's statement about June 30th it gets even more wicked :)

Not sure if I have time to boost something more or should I stop, lol :)

For UFC 9 I need online pass to play online?

The freezing on Poker is so annoying...I leave both systems on and leave the house for an hour and come back frozen.....I must have played 100k in hands over two months and all i have to show for it is my dummy ps3 popped a royal flush.

Yes the game freezes a lot.

I dont know it was a glitch but yesterday I was doing the turbo with a friend (he with 2 ps3 and me with just 1 although I have 2) and I noticed whenever he froze, if I left the game, the game would continue.

Then when we ended that I tryed and tested this with another guy but with me doing 2 ps3 and him with one and I leaving the game (after a freeze) on one of my ps3 whenever the game froze but the game would still be froze.

I would love to try to understand if you can continue a game like this on and on, because if so Im kinda down to try it today . (cant tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday do to chemotherapy :(

And btw, you can see how many hands you have played. I have around 20k only. dont know why tho. should have been much much more

Edited by John_Mast3r

Idk how u can get into poker, i find it boring but maybe thats because video games exist, but poker on a video game might sound fun. I'm not gonna try it htough if it freezes id rather do without.