stuck at 99.2% chests opened

QuidacZ

i used a combo of these two walkthroughs:

Tales of Symphonia FAQ/Walkthrough for PlayStation 2 by Kratos15354 - GameFAQs

and

GameFAQs: Tales of Symphonia (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by Alex 'vin' Kleinheider

all katz in the still avail. cities are telling that i have everything...

edit.

forgot my question:

anyone has a solution, like the chests i most likely missed. the following cities are still available and clear (i did a katz expedition in every one of them): sybak, heimdall, altamira, mizuho, flanitor, triet, izold, katz city, asgard, melk...

thx.

Edited by QuidacZ

Very hard to pin point an actual chest from this but I was stuck on the same percent and did a katz expedition in every single one.

Lucky for me one come up missing which ended up being in Fooji Mountains hidden behind a rock near the bottom of the Mountain.

I know you are might be aware but I remember reading that certain places can not be tracked by the katz once they are destroyed. I can not confirm that if it is ture or not as I was not missing any from the places

Are you sure you followed kratos guide to the T in every dungeon ??

I obtained the title for Sheena only using his guide....

hmmm. pretty sure.

im on my 2nd run right now, so not that shitty. (4 to go because i acc. choose raine in flanitor...)

im still missing 35 titles... and this one for sheena seems to be the hardest.

edit.

oh i didn't do the devil weapons or the colosseum, but the devil weapon chests doesnt seem to count, cause the katz said i have everything and like in garg... forest the chest is still there, also if i open it, im still at 99,2%...

Edited by QuidacZ

hmmm. pretty sure.

im on my 2nd run right now, so not that shitty. (4 to go because i acc. choose raine in flanitor...)

im still missing 35 titles... and this one for sheena seems to be the hardest.

edit.

oh i didn't do the devil weapons or the colosseum, but the devil weapon chests doesnt seem to count, cause the katz said i have everything and like in garg... forest the chest is still there, also if i open it, im still at 99,2%...

Ya I believe devils arms do not count. Did you open all the "FAKE" chests? Like the one in the triet ruins and the sewers of meltokio? There are conflicting reports about those, some say they do not count towards the titles but others say they do.

I got them just incase...maybe that was it?

Did you open all the "FAKE" chests? Like the one in the triet ruins and the sewers of meltokio?

i know that i missed the triet one, but the ruins are destroyed, also i think that i acc. didnt open one or two chests because the exp.gemmes were full ... i took the gemmes from the last game to the ng+ ...

ok.

f*** it now, im starting a new game now. and with exp. x2 it should be a "speed run".

thx anyways.

ya with an exp multiplier it shouldn't take too long. Probably 15 - 20 hours tops. Remember to open all the FAKE chests just to be on the safe side. Let me know how it turns out for ya

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Tales of Fans,

use this Guide for Treasure Chests:

GameFAQs: Tales of Symphonia (GC) Treasure Hunting Guide by MysticWeirdo

It worked for me and i found all Chests by following his breakdown! ;)

I'm using this guide right now as well and I just cleared the Rodyle Ranch. I like it as it simply lists out all the chests in game and the order in which you can open them. I personally find it better than the others since I don't need any of the "guide" section for completing the dungeon.

I'll let you all know if this guide works for me too when I complete the game for my second time.

so after my 3rd run now ... i can confirm this guide:

Tales of Symphonia FAQ/Walkthrough for PlayStation 2 by Kratos15354 - GameFAQs

has all chests. just to be save, kill the 3 fakes also. just got my 100%.

it took me so long because i played 2 other games in the meantime; 4 more runs to go, because i forgot to clear the colette-dirk home-change to lloyd-event after flanitoring her... sucks. this game is the first tales-game, i will not complete in one month.

Did you remember to go back to Iselia Ranch and pick up the Rune Helm there? I checked just after Vinheim and was at 98.4% then remembered that I needed to go grab that. Now I'm stuck at 99.2% as well. Just one more chest! It's so aggravating, I spent all that time following the guide only to still be missing something.

Did you remember to go back to Iselia Ranch and pick up the Rune Helm there? I checked just after Vinheim and was at 98.4% then remembered that I needed to go grab that. Now I'm stuck at 99.2% as well. Just one more chest! It's so aggravating, I spent all that time following the guide only to still be missing something.

im pretty sure i missed one in Derris Kharlan the last one mentioned in the guide i confirmed you can get 100% ... maybe you are missing it as well.

quote from the guide:

"At the next fork there is a green circle on the ground. DO NOT step on it yet. Continue down the eastern path.

The chest on the next platform has an EX Gem lv 4 in it. On a platform along the way is a chest with an EX Gem lv 3 in it."

also you could have missed 1 chest pretty early in game; in Sylvarant Base.

quote from the guide:

"Shoot the top column on the left side of the room, then the middle column. Go south through the door and get the Magical Cloth. Go back north and shoot the bottom column, then go through the east door to get 1500 Gald. (this room is west of the hanger you get your flying machines from)

these 2 chest are not mentioned in every guide as far as i can see it.

all quotes from this guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/920235-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/42708

Edited by QuidacZ

The chest on the next platform has an EX Gem lv 4 in it. On a platform along the way is a chest with an EX Gem lv 3 in it."

I had to do some hunting for that one, but I eventually found it just where the guide said it would be.

"Shoot the top column on the left side of the room, then the middle column. Go south through the door and get the Magical Cloth. Go back north and shoot the bottom column, then go through the east door to get 1500 Gald. (this room is west of the hanger you get your flying machines from)

The first time I went through with the intent of getting this title, I did miss this one. Then either I died or I reread the guide and reloaded because I went back and got this one as well.

I just wish the Katz were more helpful with this. There are places that they don't cover and I've seen reports in the GCN version that some of their chest counts are off and/or completely unpredicable. It pretty much makes them worthless.

@atwig

you still missing some? if so, i recommend doing it again on your next walk ... with the guide i mentioned. it is what i did, you have to complete the game several times anyways. dont forget the fakes just to be save, there are only 3, so...

@atwig

you still missing some? if so, i recommend doing it again on your next walk ... with the guide i mentioned. it is what i did, you have to complete the game several times anyways. dont forget the fakes just to be save, there are only 3, so...

Still missing one, and that's by using that same guide. I must've overlooked one of them somehow, the next time through I'm going to print it out and check them off one by one just to be sure. It's just annoying that I have to go through another time paying attention to all the treasure, despite this being one of my all time favorite games, I'm about at the point where I want to just run through it and get it over with. Treasure Hunter and Gung Ho are the only major titles I have left to get, the others are just cleanup.

EDIT: Turns out 99.2% means there are two chests left unopened. While running through Meltokio sewers just now grinding out pellets to complete the figurine book, I found a chest I somehow missed. I say "somehow" because it wasn't the least bit hidden, it was right in the middle of the only path through and contained 2500 gald. I was so excited to see it thinking that was the one I was missing, but I went to go see the Katz and was disheartened to see 99.6%. So I'm guessing there's another out there somewhere that I managed to glance over somehow. I'm trying to decide if it would be faster to go through all the dungeons I can in this playthrough hoping that one chest is out in the open like this one, or if I should just try again from the beginning in the next playthrough.

Edited by atwig

• 2 months later...

So I'm at 97% end game first run and I followed kratos guide. I haven't done the colossuem battles yet do they give you treasure that counts?

Update- 99.6% the Katz found 4 chest I somehow missed only thing I can think of is that my items were full. But damnit just .4% more lok

Edited by kissmyscythe

There were some treasure chests that I found which weren't on Kratos' guide...like on the big map where you fly your rheards...I found one right outside a city (on the big map) and was so confused...since I had never seen one on the big map...it would be cool if someone made a list of the missable chests not on kratos' guide