Platinum Difficulty Rating

Puzzler

Rate the trophy difficulty  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

Well, I'm going with a 5 here. I never had the game freeze on me, but the FPS is pretty unstable and this is an overall not so well done port of a cult classic. Good thing you don't need to play the whole game on hard again and just use the "turn PS3 off" glitch. Some of the more harder trophies (Hot Zone Date, Ninja Jack) I got in a few minutes, but, totall tropy unrelated, the river level was very difficult, my boat would always get blown up.

This is still a great game for people to see just how exactly this new genre of shooters game to be, i.e. taking your time and marking enemies or going in all guns blazing. You will also see that Ubisoft stayed true to the formula that Crytek established in the first game like annoying jeep drivers, snipers and lunativ goons wielding rocket launchers.

Edited by RDRHELPmePlease

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Voted a 5/10. While the trophy requirements are fairly simple, I found some parts of the game quite challenging.

It really sucks that FC2 has 10/10 difficulty while other entries are so easy. It's dissatisfying to know that I'll never plat it, or even play it because of this. :(

FC2 really isn't that difficult. Time consuming, yes, but not worthy of a 10/10. Plus it's a great game.

Voted a 5/10. While the trophy requirements are fairly simple, I found some parts of the game quite challenging.

FC2 really isn't that difficult. Time consuming, yes, but not worthy of a 10/10. Plus it's a great game.

I guess the main factor for the 10/10 rating is how cautious you've gotta be for the missable + glitched trophies, and the sheer amount of hours you've gotta dedicate to MP. I'll probably attempt it eventually.

OT: Hardest trophy in FC1 was probably stealing the keycard undetected.

I went with the average here and voted 3. I played on easy and did the hard glitch to save me a second playthrough, if I played on hard I probably would have upped it to 4. Would have given a 2 if stealth was a viable option, but it wasn't. Even when glued to the ground, enemies easily spotted and heard me from great distances :think: Definitely not like the later FC games in that regard.

But overall nothing too difficult here. Enemies drop easily and the game is extremely linear. For me, the hardest trophy in the game was the Wildlife Safari trophy (complete Dam level without equipping a weapon). It took a few tries, mainly because I didn't know where to go at first, then I died twice crossing the log over the lava by falling :o

Overall a very easy game. Glad i'm finally finished it as its complete garbage in my opinion and it doesn't come close to FC3 & 4.

• 5 weeks later...

Played this game after finishing Hitman 2, so yeah it made this game seem more like a jewel despite its shortcomings. With that in mind I'm giving it 3/10... could have been an easy 2/10 if not for those two notorious trophies (Wildlife Safari and Hot Zone Date - so keep an eye on these two). Not to be discouraged though as they aren't really THAT hard, just tad annoying :D

The game only froze on me 4 times (during chapter select) so not really a love lost there. I still think this game is pleasant to play - quick and easy platinum thanks to that save exploit.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave it a 3

Played on easy and used the glitch to skip the hard playthrough. It was my first Far Cry game and I enjoyed it for the most part. Solid FPS gameplay but I wish the stealth was more effective, enemies see and hear you from way too far away even if you're crawling in the bushes. Not the most technically sound port either, the game froze on me 3 or 4 times and there were numerous instances when the textures of the terrain turned black or disappeared. Hardest trophy for me was definitely Wild Safari, died multiple times attempting it due to the heavy damage you can take from enemies even on easy mode.

• 4 months later...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlKAGkfgkUEgNlochry40BYUZgJbf7N6DLpk9ALQdPy8uBp0ug

Going with a 5/10. Took a moderate amount of time and skill learning the weapons and stealth system. Loved sniping and using silent MP5.

No collectibles. Game froze multiple times...numerous glitches.

I think it was helpful that I played this game immediately after platting Dishonored (which has a similiar but superior stealth system).

• 4 months later...

I give it a difficulty rating of 3.

There's nothing really hard about this game. You have to play a little bit more careful on hard but the enemies still die pretty fast. I had some problems on Volcano, where you have to fight through all the trigens to activate the elevator.

The other trophies are fairly easy to get.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Every now and then a game comes along which after looking through a platinum difficulty thread makes you wonder if you might be a much worse player than you thought. This is one of those games. I do have to qualify this by saying I played through hard and did not use the glitch as i just prefer to do things rather than take the easy way.

Hard is utterly painful and easy is no cakewalk either. I honestly thought Killzone 2's elite and Call of Duty: World at War's veteran was easier than this highest difficulty setting. Carver can't take any damage whatsoever and the latter enemies are complete bullet sponges. Levels 2-15 are complete slogs of trying different strategies, until you get the OICW on level 16 which is the only reliable gun to use at range. The bullet spread on these guns is seriously abysmal making range kills (which is the damn purpose of this game) a complete exercise in frustration.

The game is also the worst technical mess I've played. It crashed 30+ times and 90% of those occurred during load screens. Throw in the worst voice acting ever recorded and the constant rendering fails and you have video game diarrhoea.

Avoid this shit like the plague.

I gave it a 7.5 rounded down to 7.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle

Every now an then a game comes along which after looking through a platinum difficulty thread makes you wonder if you might be a much worse player than you thought. This is one of those games. I do have to qualify this by saying I played through hard and did not use the glitch as i just prefer to do things rather than take the easy way.

Hard is utterly painful and easy is no cakewalk either. I honestly thought Killzone 2's elite and Call of Duty: World at War's veteran was easier than this highest difficulty setting. Carver can't take any damage whatsoever and the latter enemies are complete bullet sponges. Levels 2-15 are complete slogs of trying different strategies, until you get the OICW on level 16 which is the only reliable gun to use at range. The bullet spread on these guns is seriously abysmal making range kills (which is the damn purpose of this game) a complete exercise in frustration.

The game is also the worst technical mess I've played. It crashed 30+ times and 90% of those occurred during load screens. Throw in the worst voice acting ever recorded and the constant rendering fails and you have video game diarrhoea.

Avoid this shit like the plague.

I gave it a 7.5 rounded down to 7.

If the game is fair, I don't mind to play it on the hardest setting but that wasn't the case with this one.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Are you people seriously giving it 3s and 4s out of 10? I could only finish the Rebellion mission, and that's on the lowest difficulty. Just getting that far was exhausting and I gave up once the "Differing Opinions" trophy popped. I don't know if this is a bad port or the game aged poorly, or both. 7/10 at the very minimum, but I voted higher.

To the guide writer who said you can easily finish Treehouse without dying because there aren't many enemies trying to kill you: you are wrong. Just finish the mission at all is an exercise in frustration because the missiles will kill you more times than you can count. Cheap deaths are biggest reason this game aged badly.