Steam Achievements - Discussion Thread

vava

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1367 Achievements @ 20 100% games

The perfect games are mostly smaller ones or Adventures.

I hunt them for the sake of completionisim, but I usually don't go out of my way that much. They're just too useless to matter.

Additionally, they only properly unlock while you're online. I had quite a few games completed offline only to find them reseted once I signed back in. :mad:

Also some games just go overboard with them - Tales of Maj'Eyal has 1225 Achievements :francis:

I have a massive two achievements :cool:

My first was in Pinball Arcade for achieving atop 5 local high score on Tales Of The Arabian Nights. It took a few attempts to unlock because Steam thought I was offline despite it saying I was online :shrugs:

Also some games just go overboard with them - Tales of Maj'Eyal has 1225 Achievements :francis:

Wow :shock:

I do pay attention to achievments in Steam, but not nearly as much as I do on Playstation. It's super frustrating that Steam doesn't aggregate them anywhere or really do much tl make achievements as social as PSN.

Right now I'm playing a lot of Civilization V with friends and I think I have, oh, literally a hundred more achievements or so to go.

:applause:

I don't really care about Steam Achievements (or any trophy/achievements, burned myself out on the whole thing)

I've only completed 3 games, mainly ones where I wasn't really trying to get all the achievements.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

To The Moon

Thomas Was Alone

To The Moon must be the easy achievement ever, although not many people have finish the game.

Other than getting all the achievements in Thomas was Alone, I have pretty much none. xD Only game I've played for a substantial amount of time is Garry's Mod (624 hours) and I only have half of the achievements on that, because some of them literally take years to do. Other than that I may have a few on Killing Floor and Civ5 but that's about it. :p

I only have 7 games currently installed on my steam account- Skyrim, which I will 100%, and 6 games that are all GFWL. So, I'm going for the MS ach's, not the steam stuff.

When I do play my other games, I'll try to get what I can (Same as anything else) but I'd never boost or anything like that on PC. I enjoy Steam (and Uplay's) achievments the same as any others I suppose.

• 4 months later...
I can honestly say that I've never 100% completed a game on steam. I'm trying to keep myself away from achievement hunting on the PC. That is the system I go to, to just enjoy games and not worry about trophies, though I am tempted to 100% The Witcher 2.

I do the same but Pac Man is so easy.. that would be a crime if i didn't 100% it :D

Finally got my first 100% on Steam a couple days ago. Of course it was Risk of Rain. :whistle:

Not that hard honestly, like 3/10 if you're explicitly playing for them. Steam 100% doesn't require the generally more difficult ingame cheevos. I hope the upcoming console release sports the whole in game list as it's trophy list.

Finally got my first 100% on Steam a couple days ago. Of course it was Risk of Rain. :whistle:

Not that hard honestly, like 3/10 if you're explicitly playing for them. Steam 100% doesn't require the generally more difficult ingame cheevos. I hope the upcoming console release sports the whole in game list as it's trophy list.

How many hours to 100%?

Btw, add me on steam ^^