They Look Like Ants, WTF

Purple Hooter

It's tough just keep trying you'll get it... took me at least ten tries or so.

Just watch the video and keep trying not much else to say really.

Ah, I need completionist for awhile now ain't been trying much, but seems it's hard to find people who don't wanna mess up a challenge.

Apparently try 5479 was the try that I would finally get this stupid trophy. Now to do my veteran run through and work on extinction trophies. Thanks to the OP who posted that video that helped out a bunch. Good luck to everyone else

• 2 months later...

This trophy was a pain. Probably took me close to ten tries. I'm not sure if someone mentioned it already, but one thing I can recommend to others who struggle with this in the future is to save and exit out once you get control of the drone and hit that first checkpoint, then go back into the mission.

If you do mess up and hit the final checkpoint, then exit out of the game. Once you reload the game and the mission, you will be at the beginning of the drone sequence again and not have to restart the entire mission. Repeat process until you succeed. It's faster and less annoying to do it this way than play the entire mission over, at least on PS4. Probably faster on PS3 too.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up to about 20 tries on this goddam trophy - I swear there are 1-3 enemies on the third part that survive the middle of a direct hit every damn time.

edit: Put the game down for a bit and came back a while later, got it on the 2nd try - just spammed the last part and got lucky I guess.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I've had the same problem with this trophy - my last one for plat. I'll try backing up my save file to restart at the checkpoint rather than the entire mission (which I've done several times already:mad:).

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrrrr, so frustrating, especially just coming of that stupid WatchDogs drinking mini game last week. I wish developers could figure out the difference between hard and frustrating with these things. Hard is satisfying and rewarding, if not always fun....trophies like this one on the other hand, are none of those.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I've just done this to get my platinum trophy. I totally agree that this was not hard but frustrating. It has kind of taken the shine off getting my platinum. Now some of the alien trophies were difficult and gave me satisfaction but this last trophy has ruined it.

Anyway for anybody struggling I suggest this:

Do the first two sections and then save and quit. Then when you try again and again (and you will), if you don't do it, then just exit the application (by holding the PS button) then go back into the game and continue game and you will be back at the beginning of the airfield.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...