XP Glitch with Proxy Server (will never be patched)

projectx51

• 2 weeks later...
OMG!! it really works!! I also can confirm the Proxy method STILL works!

Personally I used this proxy:

Port: 8088

Japan

This particular Proxy doesn't work anymore unfortunately. It kept immediately signing out PSN with an error before the Sign In was even finished.

However I just got the 2 trophies using this one:

IP Address: 83.222.232.37

Port: 3228

United Kingdom

It worked really similar to the one Leptonic found, it only stays connected for about 10-15 seconds and I would highly recommend using a Wired connection over a Wireless, I tested it with my wireless after getting the trophies and it was hardly staying up at all.

These proxy's shift around so often on the internet that its probably only a matter of time before they no longer work for this purpose. The only thing I did when Leptonic's didn't work for me was Google something like "Anonymous Proxy IP" and clicked on sites that give lists of them like this one:

Proxy List | Sorted by anonymity type #1

Simple enough.

Thanks for re-kindling this method Projectx51! I thought it wasn't possible anymore :D :dance:

I can also confirm that this glitch method works.

When it came to getting a proxy server to work via the link given at the beginning of the mini guide, I found that a HIGH Anonymous server gave me the best results.

Yes I got kicked/signed out after like 5 seconds of searching ranked, but that's all you need for it to work. Using the standard anonymous servers I was able to sign in at the XMB, but never stay signed it at all once the game had loaded up.

Another problem that I came across was even when the 1st step was taken my game/system kept freezing when getting past the cut scenes of the Colony mission. Happened about 4 times, but I just deleted my save data and it loaded up straight away.

Kind regards and a major big thank you to all for the information regarding this glitch. :applause:

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks to the OP and all that have shared their experiences here which were tremendously helpful!!!

I can tell Lyrikk's proxy still works! It never connected at first try, but keep trying and you should be ok! (You may get a PSN error code but keep at it, last time it took me 8 tries to successfully connect).

I also experienced game freezing as described by plisken1979 but deleting only the save file didn't work. I had to delete my game profile as well.

Edited by nethernil

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This particular Proxy doesn't work anymore unfortunately. It kept immediately signing out PSN with an error before the Sign In was even finished.

However I just got the 2 trophies using this one:

IP Address: 83.222.232.37

Port: 3228

United Kingdom

Does this one still work? I've tested it for about 20 minutes no luck, started trying other anonymous ones, have yet to find one, that doesn't ask to be patched. Can someone confirm it still works?, or list one that does work? Please... :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know if this still works? I've been playing Isolation and I've gotten an inkling to play this game. I played the original game back in the day (which was a Wedsnesday...)

Just not too keen on starting a game if there isn't some possibility of finishing it. Might make an exception for this franchise though.

Does anyone know if this still works? I've been playing Isolation and I've gotten an inkling to play this game. I played the original game back in the day (which was a Wedsnesday...)

Just not too keen on starting a game if there isn't some possibility of finishing it. Might make an exception for this franchise though.

Bought this game again a couple days ago for $12 since I traded it in a few years back, wanted to get the online trophies as well as the 6 pack trophy (I'm dreaming of I think that's still possible haha). I'm testing this tonight, so I'll keep the thread updated on how it goes.

Bought this game again a couple days ago for $12 since I traded it in a few years back, wanted to get the online trophies as well as the 6 pack trophy (I'm dreaming of I think that's still possible haha). I'm testing this tonight, so I'll keep the thread updated on how it goes.

Alrighty I can confirm this still works like a charm! About time I got these haha! No longer stuck at level 14 from the days when people actually played!

Now none of the previous proxies worked for me, so I looked on the website OP provided and found a high-anonymous Taiwan proxy, which is 122.117.30.236 and the port is 8088 (HTTP type just to verify, not that it matters too much I think).

I simply deleted the patch, signed out and turned off auto sign-in, went to connection settings, put in the proxy and tested the connection (Internet: Success = Working). I then went into the game, clicks multiplayer, signed in, quickly went to ranked match, saw 1/7 players, exited to main menu as it also signed out just in the nick of time.

Load up the first marine mission and play until you get out of the elevator escaping the xeno waves, and suicide with the rifle grenades and load the checkpoint and blow yourself up over and over until the trophy pops! Easy!

I wasn't too sure if it was done right until the first trophy popped, noting I didn't kill too many aliens and loaded it on easy as well. Spent about an hour from start of the mission to the last trophy popping, adding XP on my original level 14 multiplayer profile.

Hope this helps! Also anyone add me if you still have hope for the six pack trophy, will need more people to search for ranked to lobby with the party of 6. PSN: Sharpies_6

Edited by SaculSharp

Are there any other ideas :/ I can't seem to find a proxy server that can even log me in for 1 minute. I've been searching for about 3 hours now and the closest I've ever gotten is at the "Press Start" screen, it's driving me nuts. Can someone tell me if I have to search for proxy servers that are from my country? Or does it have something to do with my country or internet connection? I'm really considering getting them the legitamate way since it seems like that is my only option :/

Don't sign in until you are actually at the multiplayer screen ready to click ranked match. I believe it doesn't even matter whether 1/7 players in match shows up, but to be sure, make sure your connection lasts until that happens and back out. For me it signed out only a couple of seconds after I backed out of 1/7 on the ranked match search and that was all I needed. As long as the proxy works in the network settings test on the PS3 main menus, then it should be fine.

It's only a real trouble if you can't actually use the proxy, in which case, I'll say again; make sure you turn auto sign-in off before putting the proxy details in, and also use preferably a high-anonymous proxy and region code server (e.g. Taiwan) and you can find them off the website OP linked on the first post in this thread!

Edited by SaculSharp

Don't sign in until you are actually at the multiplayer screen ready to click ranked match. I believe it doesn't even matter whether 1/7 players in match shows up, but to be sure, make sure your connection lasts until that happens and back out. For me it signed out only a couple of seconds after I backed out of 1/7 on the ranked match search and that was all I needed. As long as the proxy works in the network settings test on the PS3 main menus, then it should be fine.

It's only a real trouble if you can't actually use the proxy, in which case, I'll say again; make sure you turn auto sign-in off before putting the proxy details in, and also use preferably a high-anonymous proxy and region code server (e.g. Taiwan) and you can find them off the website OP linked on the first post in this thread!

I'm a little confused with this part, "Don't sign in until you are actually at the multiplayer screen ready to click ranked match." I can't enter multiplayer if I'm not signed in, so I don't really understand what you mean by "multiplayer screen" unless you're talking about the main menu? But anyway I've actually tried this with two different high anonymous proxy servers already but I still couldn't connect, it kept giving me that dang error.

Also, about this part "As long as the proxy works in the network settings test on the PS3 main menus, then it should be fine." Almost all of them always passes the network setting tests but when I actually start the game it always either tells me to update the game or it gives me an error, the closest I've ever gotten was to the "Press Start" screen before signing me out again. Could my internet connection have something to do with this? But thanks for the advice :D

Edited by Bored Guy

I DID IT!!! I finally got those two darn trophies using the proxy servers from this website:

ultraProxies List of Free Ultra and High-Anonymous Proxy IP addresses

It was alot easier to connect using the proxy servers from there :D.

Some advice: If you're going to do this glitch on easy mode, keep three grenade rounds (I kept four just in case) since that's how many you'll need to kill yourself if you have full health, and make sure to kill as much aliens as possible until your pulse rifle runs out of ammo. You won't have to worry about the aliens killing you since it's pretty much impossible for the aliens to actually kill you in easy mode unless you're letting them kill you on purpose.

Note: I'm not sure if this will help or not but I had to die 64 times (if I counted correctly) after getting the Welcome To The Party trophy before getting the Real Nasty Habit trophy.

Good luck to everyone who still needs this trophy :)

I DID IT!!! I finally got those two darn trophies using the proxy servers from this website:

Some advice: If you're going to do this glitch on easy mode, keep three grenade rounds (I kept four just in case) since that's how many you'll need to kill yourself if you have full health, and make sure to kill as much aliens as possible until your pulse rifle runs out of ammo. You won't have to worry about the aliens killing you since it's pretty much impossible for the aliens to actually kill you in easy mode unless you're letting them kill you on purpose.

Note: I'm not sure if this will help or not but I had to die 64 times (if I counted correctly) after getting the Welcome To The Party trophy before getting the Real Nasty Habit trophy.

Yeah that's what I meant by the main menu and signing in hahah. I guess I was just lucking that the first proxy that worked in my network settings also didn't prompt an update or give me an error (must've been a good high-anonymous server for me!).

Great to hear you got it working to confirm the method as well! I did easy as well and had to make sure I used all three out of four of my grenades quickly due to health regeneration.

Not too long until the platinum for me! Doing predator and marine and nightmare and getting the infamous six pack trophy on a boosting group Sunday!

Yeah that's what I meant by the main menu and signing in hahah. I guess I was just lucking that the first proxy that worked in my network settings also didn't prompt an update or give me an error (must've been a good high-anonymous server for me!).

Great to hear you got it working to confirm the method as well! I did easy as well and had to make sure I used all three out of four of my grenades quickly due to health regeneration.

Not too long until the platinum for me! Doing predator and marine and nightmare and getting the infamous six pack trophy on a boosting group Sunday!

Good luck doing the marine campaign on nightmare difficulty, it's pretty hard :D

This definitely works! Just bought the game yesterday and both trophies are already unlocked! Thanks to OP and everyone else for their advice. Now on to the rest of the MP trophies. Feel free to hit me up for boosting. PSN ID = Kennamer

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to you Bored. Seems odd calling you bored. This strategy seems to be with way to go now for these trophies.