FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning on buying this game, is one month enough to finish the main story?

Most def. If you just focus on the main scenario you'll definitely complete it within a few days.

With that said, I've made Warrior of Light a missable trophy now since some people aren't getting it when they transfer to PS3. At least you don't get locked out of it forever though, that's the bright side. You can always create a new character if that's the case. I think it might also be glitched though.

From my experience in the Beta you have to do side quests to reach the levels required for main quest, and to make them a bit easier.

Since patch 2.1, you can run dungeons past level 15 to level up more quickly. Just remember to do the quests to unlock them.

Playing as a tank or healer will vastly improve Q times.

Great stuff. Is there any word for continued trophy support for upcoming content patches? I love the game and can only ask for more.

Probably not since the patches are free, and not extensions. I could be wrong though. They haven't really added any new in game achievements either since last months patch. Guess we'll have to see though.

That's because the game hasn't had a single expansion as of yet.

Yeah, but I thought that they were only going to add big patches instead of expansions? :think:

Off topic, do you know what the maintenance is for tonight? It's kind of long compared to most maintenance's so I figured that they were going to add something? 6 hour maintenance.

Yeah, but I thought that they were only going to add big patches instead of expansions? :think:

Off topic, do you know what the maintenance is for tonight? It's kind of long compared to most maintenance's so I figured that they were going to add something? 6 hour maintenance.

Two FATE events have been added that give minions. :o

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Breaking Brick Mountains

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Burgeoning Dread

This is an amazing guide and after reading through it I understand a couple things I didn't before and got a better idea on things like Crafting and Binding Coil, thanks! And congratz on your Sticky! :dance:

Great stuff. Is there any word for continued trophy support for upcoming content patches? I love the game and can only ask for more.

Well since its just all patches and not Expansions/DLC then I would say No, as much as I would love extra trophies with the new content :D

However if they do bring out Expansions/DLCs then yeah I would expect extra trophies but if what Warbear said is true and they aren't making Expansions/DLCs ans just big patches then its a possibility that there will never be new trophies :(

But who knows, right?

Sweet!! Can't wait to get involved in some of that, love collecting Minions/Mounts haha :D

Edited by Lyrikk

• 2 weeks later...

What a great guide!

I have only been playing for a couple months now, but really enjoying the game and I was unclear about a couple of the trophies, so thanks for the great detail. The Binding Coil looks like a nightmare....I can't even force myself to read all that information yet! :)

Thanks again!

Finally, I should be finishing my leve trophy this month--it is such a grind. Then I only have 250 more fates to do...and Binding Coil.

Oh, how I dread Binding Coil.

Yeah, I just passed 900 earlier with about 40 allowances left. I should have mine by the end of the month as well. :D

I still need 300 FATEs, 30 Guildhests, and coil. I'm gonna try to platinum before the patch because we don't know if the trophy will unlock for completing Turn 5 after the patch.

just to clear the air a bit, i do remember reading we WILL get an expansion or two, unlike console games, PC games and their ports generally have a wait of a year and a half to two years.

basically think of update patches like 2.1 as you DLC, while expansions would be an entirly new chapter :)

Yeah.. if that's the case, I guess I won't stop playing FF for another 2 years. :(

Edited by Warbear

Yeah, I just passed 900 earlier with about 40 allowances left. I should have mine by the end of the month as well. :D

I still need 300 FATEs, 30 Guildhests, and coil. I'm gonna try to platinum before the patch because we don't know if the trophy will unlock for completing Turn 5 after the patch.

Way to terrify me about Binding Coil. :(

I was wondering something about the Seeker of Truth. Do you only need finish turn 5 or do you actually have to go through all of them?

The game doesn't seem to keep track of the other turns in the in-game achievments, all it says is "Clear Binding Coil - 0/1".

Yeah, but you stilll have to complete all turns to even be able to play turn 5 before they reset every Monday. You also get the mapping the realm achievement for completing every turn for the first time.

Yeah, but you stilll have to complete all turns to even be able to play turn 5 before they reset every Monday. You also get the mapping the realm achievement for completing every turn for the first time.

Technically you don't, since you can join a party that skips straight into T5. However, it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to clear T5, or find a party that'll take you, without having cleared the others.

Technically you don't, since you can join a party that skips straight into T5. However, it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to clear T5, or find a party that'll take you, without having cleared the others.

Really? I thought if you clear a turn you're locked out of it for the week? You can't just jump straight to turn 5 without clearing the other 4 for that week since it's locked based.