Controls unresponsive for vita!

Lord Tony

They seemed to do the job for me. Did you try recalibrating the tilt controls like they describe on the start screen?

That is, hold the console in a way you'd want treated as no movement, and then hold the left and right shoulder buttons simultaneously. After that, the tilt controls should work relative to that orientation.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You use the tilt features on the Vita to move around. Takes a bit of getting used to but I didn't have any issues otherwise.

Really? Sounds wierd :think: I dont know, why they put this six axis and tilt bullshits. They should have to make an option where you can change the controls to six axis or analg stick. I dont like this forced options :mad:

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 12/23/2013 at 2:24 AM, jhenstridge said:

They seemed to do the job for me. Did you try recalibrating the tilt controls like they describe on the start screen?  That is, hold the console in a way you'd want treated as no movement, and then hold the left and right shoulder buttons simultaneously. After that, the tilt controls should work relative to that orientation.

Wow I think I had totally missed this part.  I quickly pressed start when playing this game.  I will have to try this while lying down in bed, that way it will be my default position. 

EDIT: Nah, recalibrating the controls with :l1: + :r1: does not seem to do anything.

I also totally agree with Necrosmoke here.  The PSVita should have been an exception with the option to choose which game mode we would prefer.  At least with Flower there is an option to play the game with Touch Controls - which was what I preferred to completing the game.  Unlike the Dual Shock on the bigger consoles which can make the creature do a 180 if we tilt the controller in a certain way, the motion controls on the PSVita are very difficult - it is so easy to make a mistake like accidentally making the creature go where it is not supposed to.

EDIT: I also noticed that the controls sometimes bugs out, totally unresponsive and the creature just goes off where it wants to... and eats stuff!

Edited by Naps
... finally got the trophy last night, good riddance!