Worth the money?

YokA_sun

• 2 weeks later...
$39.99? does it cost only $1 on phone app?

Is this game worth the money?

I know I would probably get it if it's below 9 bucks. but why is it $40 :(

I know what you mean, and I got hammered in the news thread for 'defending' the game, but I think you have to compare this to other Vita games, not the iOS or mobile equivalents.

First off, iTunes has access to millions of users, and I think that the Angry Birds games have had hundreds of millions of downloads. Then there are the additional purchases of the Millenium Falcons, Mighty Eagles etc - you are now generating millions of dollars on that $1 app.

Vita games have a fraction of the audience from which to generate revenue.

I think $20 would be a reasonable price.

That said, I paid $30, and got it mainly because my son is a huge Angry Birds fan. I am almost finished the plat, and am approaching 30 hours of gametime.

Comparably, I spent $30 on both Tearaway and Lego Marvel for the Vita. Combined, I think the plat times on those two games totaled less than 30 hours.

So, is it worth $30? Compared to the phone apps for a buck, it's a rip. But for the amount of gameplay relative to other recent Vita games, it may not be so bad.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So you're telling me you'd buy the game for that price? :rolleyes:

Yep, don't regret it at all.

The amount of time to complete plus the fun factor made me buy this game at this price. I've bought games that are more expensive which I completed in a few hours and most of those games aren't fun to keep playing after earning the plat.

If you like a game and enjoy playing it, it's always worth the money.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GameStop has the PS4 version used for $10. I'll probably buy it for that, that's what they should have set the price as in the first place and just made it download only. Rovio is just getting greedy with this series IMO.

It's published by Activision. I'm sure that had a lot more to do with the price than anything.

It's also a lot more expensive to produce and ship a retail game to a small niche market than it is to shift an iOS game to millions of phones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...