What game would make a good anime?

Shirou

I didn't really know which section should add this, but since in the end the subject is about anime...I guess this is the right section?

Just like the thread title says...what game do you think would make a fine anime?

We all wish some of our favorite games would get an anime adaptation.

Some adaptations can be a big success (Like the Persona anime) and some can be bad adaptations (like the Blaz Blue one or the Devil Survivor 2 one :3 )

Anyway...a good game that would also make a good anime I think would be Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross. Both has memorable characters, villains, an awesome plot and various characters that would please any kind of anime fan.

Another game that would make a fine anime I think would be the Summon Night games. Another game with great characters and a good plot. Think it would hit it big if it would get an anime adaptation.

Off the top of my head I'd say...

.Metal gear solid....(any of them)

.Dragons dogma or demons souls would also be cool...bit like S.A.O I guess?

.if they actually made Z.O.E into a full anime instead of just the cutscenes.

.Vanquish? maybe....:shrugs:

Theres probably alot that would be a good choice.....same with the other way around, anime that would make a good game...:think:

Off the top of my head I'd say...

.Metal gear solid....(any of them)

.Dragons dogma or demons souls would also be cool...bit like S.A.O I guess?

.Vanquish? maybe....:shrugs:

I think in order for a Metal gear anime to work it would have to be of the entire series, not just one game. Love this idea though :drool:

Demon's/Dark Souls would be good but the biggest problem I found lies with the character dying and coming back at a bonfire. If you kept the deaths at a strict minimum (and make something like a trip to the nexus a plot twist sorta thing) it would work very well.

For an anime Metal Gear series, it would have to be all story-based, no filler, and in order to stay true to the actual Metal Gear game series, there would have to be as many episodes as it would take to tell each story. Nowadays, many companies are only putting out 12 - 26 episodes for a series because it's a big risk to produce an anime and not know if it's going to be a success or not.

I can think of a few games that would be good for an anime and what reasons why it'd be good and possibly what genre it could be categorized as...

Kingdom Hearts (Already like an anime)

Assassin's Creed (Action/Adventure genre)

Okami (Action/Adventure genre)

Resident Evil (Horror genre, and hopefully stay true to its roots)

Infamous (Superheroes of course)

Sly Cooper (Anthropomorphism FTW)

ICO / Shadow of the Colossus (Be great for a short story anime)

Borderlands (Action/Comedy genre)

Gravity Rush (Honestly could work the best out of the rest, since it's mostly based off of anime characteristics with French art style)

They already made MGS into a graphic novel...so why not? :D

Resident Evil (Horror genre, and hopefully stay true to its roots

I think they already made a resident evil anime....kinda. :rolleyes:

http://omicroniangeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/resident_evil_damnation_cover_by_cyber_rayne-d5am6i9.jpg

(well its listed as an anime.)

Edited by aka dave

Hmmm... Maybe Ar Tonelico Qoga - the story is good, the character design as well and it's already in anime style - and Mugen Souls would be an awesome over-the-top 13 episode comedy anime. Oh and Asura's Wrath though that game is pretty much an anime already... Still, I would watch it.;)

None!

There already too many Japanese games made to anime that are half decent and if anything only there stuff would work, plus if anything like the western stuff that became anime and failed (ie. Supernatural, Blade, X-Men) then western games to anime wouldn't do all that well like Xbox in Japan:whistle:

Z.O.E. does have an anime based off it. It's called Zone of the Enders: Dolores. I don't know too much about the series, because I haven't found the time to play the game yet, but I've seen the first episode and it looks alright.

http://i41.tinypic.com/bev5sl.jpg

Z.O.E. does have an anime based off it. It's called Zone of the Enders: Dolores. I don't know too much about the series, because I haven't found the time to play the game yet, but I've seen the first episode and it looks alright.

http://i41.tinypic.com/bev5sl.jpg

Sweet! May have to look into this at some point.

I liked the anime/cutscenes from Z.O.E the 2nd runner, so hopefully it will be similar.

• 4 weeks later...

Command & Conquer

Might & Magic (incl Heroes)

Fallout

AVP (Yes it first came from the movies Aliens and Predator then a comic was made and then the game)

Warhammer 40k

Mortal Kombat

Wolfenstein

DOOM

Quake

Deus Ex

System Shock would make a great anime movie.

X-COM

Edited by Doomsdayman

None!

There already too many Japanese games made to anime that are half decent and if anything only there stuff would work, plus if anything like the western stuff that became anime and failed (ie. Supernatural, Blade, X-Men) then western games to anime wouldn't do all that well like Xbox in Japan:whistle:

I agree 100%.

I have yet to encounter an anime I like which is based off a game. Sure, I enjoyed Pokemon, but that was only during my childhood. :p

Visual novels are a different story, though. (Not literally)

Not including visual novels.

These titles are the only good ones I could think of : Tales of Symphonia and Gungrave.

Don't consider .Hack as game-based

Thinking of watching ZoE sometime in the near future. I heard it's a great anime. May start watching it after I finish upcoming PS4 Zone of the Enders

Edited by alec613

• 2 weeks later...
I'd find amazing an anime based on BioShock, my favourite game. They could even join the stories of the three games (at least of the first and the second one).

Hell no! Will ruin a good series look at resident evil. Although the animated version was good it took the film base to ruin it before it rejuvenated.

I'd say Project Diva Hatsune Miku