Game breaking bug found! Hidden Blades and Blowpipe not usable anymore.

I would like to warn the community of the game breaking bug I found.

After I beat the game, I did side activities, which included Templar Hunt 1 mission set. During these missions I was still able to select Hidden Blades and Blowpipe.

Then I began doing Diving Bell missions, and after completing one of these, I cannot use hidden blades anymore, and I cannot use the blowpipe.

- In the dpad tool/weapon selection I can't select hidden blades cos they're simply not there.

- And while I have both berserk and sleep darts, I can't use them because Edward isn't equipped with blowpipe (usually seen worn on his back).

I tried replaying the mission where you acquire a blow pipe, and while I *can* use the blowpipe on the mission, it is gone when I finish the memory. As for hidden blades, I can use them, but only until I don't choose to be barehanded, or equipped with swords. Hidden blades don't appear in D-pad menu, as well.

So regarding this, it means you're potentially screwed for platting the game.

More info here:

Game breaking bug? Lost the ability to use blowpipe and hidden blades - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

Shown on video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4quX-LD-tSg]Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag - Game Breaking Bug Confirmed! Read description! - YouTube[/ame]

To mods: if posting a video of a gamebreaking bug is against the rules, please don't delete the topic. Instead just edit my post and remove the text that links to the video. Thank you.

I think I got it. You can't use hidden blades or blowpipe while on Diving Bell missions - but if you do DB mission where you end up in a Smuggler's Den and then you exit by jumping off the cliff in order to land near your ship. Climb it, touch Jackdaw's wheel and at that point Edward's appearance changes back into the outfit you had selected, but possibly screwing you out of being able to use hidden blades and blowpipe.

I think I got it. You can't use hidden blades or blowpipe while on Diving Bell missions - but if you do DB mission where you end up in a Smuggler's Den and then you exit by jumping off the cliff in order to land near your ship. Climb it, touch Jackdaw's wheel and at that point Edward's appearance changes back into the outfit you had selected, but possibly screwing you out of being able to use hidden blades and blowpipe.

I just did this DB mission (Ambergris Key, South-West of the map) and I was kinda affraid after reading your post. To prevent anything from happening, I went to Ed's cabin and I automatically had my pirate's outfit back, with my blades and blowpipe.

For hidden blades Load sequence 2 mission 3 and play right to the end where you can select weapons(can control weapon cross). Right after you pickpocket the templars. When you gain control of the weapon cross hit the playstation button and select quit. It will probably show the saving symbol. I ignored it and quit while it was saving. Reload game and you should have hidden blades. Blowpipe is the same only start sequence 4 mission 4 and recieve the blowpipe. Play till you can control the weapon cross and then quit and reboot. It worked for me also swords and guns can be reequipped from the captains cabin or at the mansion in the tunnel. Xboxers please confirm if it works and if anyone feels like testing just try quitting at the start of both missions without any completion of the missions.

For hidden blades Load sequence 2 mission 3 and play right to the end where you can select weapons(can control weapon cross). Right after you pickpocket the templars. When you gain control of the weapon cross hit the playstation button and select quit. It will probably show the saving symbol. I ignored it and quit while it was saving. Reload game and you should have hidden blades. Blowpipe is the same only start sequence 4 mission 4 and recieve the blowpipe. Play till you can control the weapon cross and then quit and reboot. It worked for me also swords and guns can be reequipped from the captains cabin or at the mansion in the tunnel. Xboxers please confirm if it works and if anyone feels like testing just try quitting at the start of both missions without any completion of the missions.

You're my hero!!! This saved me from restarting, thanks.

Thank you so much man. I did this on xbox and it worked great, have my hidden blades back :D

All I did was quit to the main menu as soon as I was given the hidden blades, worked perfectly :)

I'm now about to do the same with the blowpipe... thanks again.

Edit: For anyone wondering it worked fine with the blowpipe as well, just quit to main menu as soon as you receive it.

Edited by dudeeitsbrian

I'm also looking for some psn friends to share some random treasure and white whales. If interested add me. Psn kevinchy103.

On a sidenote I've completed all 5 smugglers dens and all 22 buried chests but the abstergo challenge says 4/5. Ubisoft has the report but I'm curious to know if anyone else has this problem.

Edited by kenway

I've just finished and cleared all the Dive Bell locations and no glitch so probably not good to just rush the story all the time...

And if anything causes the glitch I think its the one with smugger dens where you have to fight some guards and dive into the water and swim back to ship, while normally would use the drive bell to return to ship and would have armor and weapons, and back up save to USB before trying Dive Bell locations