Unnecessary Roughness - League Of Shadows

Hello All,

I hope you can help me because i have some problem to succeed the trophy Unnecessary Roughness & league of shadow i perform just a 25 combos with no problem. But it has a moment I don't find any moment to do thoses trophy ? Someone have an idea?

Thanks in advance for your tips :D.

Regards.

Michael

I Made a combo x75 this afternoon, it has a combo very simple.

Press :circle: and after press :square: x4-5 it allow you to made a combo of x5 per/ennemy it's very very good.

If you have more than 10 ennemy it's possible.

Edited by MikaGaiden
Missing word

I found only one place to do 100 hits combo: it´s in administration building after you get shock bat rang. In this place will have 10-12 enemies and 3 of them requires beat down (18-20 hits). Use circle button to stun and fast press square to begin beat rush but beware other enemies will try to hit you.

I found only one place to do 100 hits combo: it´s in administration building after you get shock bat rang. In this place will have 10-12 enemies and 3 of them requires beat down (18-20 hits). Use circle button to stun and fast press square to begin beat rush but beware other enemies will try to hit you.

I can confirm that when you try it in the above area you can reach a combo as high as 108. Just be sure to counter between beat downs, you can instantly continue the beat down. Be advised tho, you need to complete the entire fight in one combo, restarting checkpoint will put you right before the fight should you fail.

...restarting checkpoint will put you right before the fight should you fail.

Note that you must restart the checkpoint before you finish the fight, you can't reload it afterwards since the thugs won't spawn again. So, if you don't think you're going to hit 100 before the last thug goes down, restart before you finish or just die.

Once the fight is over, assuming this is the only place you can get that high a combo, you will need to start a new game and replay to that point.

I can confirm that when you try it in the above area you can reach a combo as high as 108. Just be sure to counter between beat downs, you can instantly continue the beat down. Be advised tho, you need to complete the entire fight in one combo, restarting checkpoint will put you right before the fight should you fail.

Can you be a little more specific as to the area as I think i found it, the section where Joker pretends to be on the phone to Comedy Weekly Magazine? This is before I picked up the shock batarang, I did it perfectly and only got a 95 hit combo. Maybe I'm in the wrong place, could someone please let me know.

Can one of u guys tell me what I'm supposed to do to fight black mask? I'm stuck where there is a huge generator and I have to turn it off somehow and I know I'm supposed to use the detonator but I can only get to one of them. It turns of the right side one and there is nothing in there to do. I can't find any videos or anything so any help would be appreciated thanx.

Can you be a little more specific as to the area as I think i found it, the section where Joker pretends to be on the phone to Comedy Weekly Magazine? This is before I picked up the shock batarang, I did it perfectly and only got a 95 hit combo. Maybe I'm in the wrong place, could someone please let me know.

That's the correct area, but I couldn't get higher than 95 at first either. I switched to beatdowning and countering every opponent and easily got 117 :)

Can one of u guys tell me what I'm supposed to do to fight black mask? I'm stuck where there is a huge generator and I have to turn it off somehow and I know I'm supposed to use the detonator but I can only get to one of them. It turns of the right side one and there is nothing in there to do. I can't find any videos or anything so any help would be appreciated thanx.

Make sure you're using detective vision in case there's explosive gel spots for you to break through? Only thing I can think of right now since I don't remember how that section went D:

That's the correct area, but I couldn't get higher than 95 at first either. I switched to beatdowning and countering every opponent and easily got 117 :)

Make sure you're using detective vision in case there's explosive gel spots for you to break through? Only thing I can think of right now since I don't remember how that section went D:

Yea it's the spot where black mask turns around and walks thru the door after fighting about 20 or so dudes. I am in detective vision and have everything analyzed, I've exploded the floors on the right side all the way down and can see the boxes I need to put explosive gel on (3 total and it says to shut it off explode all 3 simultaneously) but I can't get there. There is like metal door or something on the floor on the left side and I'm assuming I need to get thru that to get to the lower floors on that side but there is no way to get thru it because none of my gadgets work on it.

Yeah, so this one is going to suck for me. After a lot of attempts I finally managed to get a bit over 50, but 100 is going to be a pain in the ass.

Gonna leave that for the 3rd playthrough.....

Ok so I have 2 tips for this trophy, don't pick up any gauntlet or rush upgrades would be an absolute must. I had only a couple on my first playthrough, did a perfect run and hit only 95! During my second playthrough without upgrades I hit 102 and messed up, there was easily 130+ to be had.

The second tip that I found could work, is to just stand there and counter, I got to 81 trying that method out as an alternative before I pressed it too early, so it was me that fucked it up. I hope this is of some help.

Edited by GAZDAN

Thanks for the tips, I'll certainly give that a try. No upgrades on my current playthrough so it's just me messing up for the most part. Either hitting square too soon or missing a counter. I expect I'll get it eventually.

Edit: I tried your countering tactic and after a few tries got up to around 73, and that was after messing up once, so it might just work! Gotta be pretty quick on the ball sometimes though, there are occasions when you have 2 trying to hit you at almost the same time, and the ones who run past you are always screwing me up. Must have spent an hour so far and I can't manage to get it, yet.

Edited by swotam

So, finally i did it. I tried about 50 times. And best place for get this trophy is in administration building when joker says "THAT IS PRETTY FUNNY". There are two or three armored thugs and a few normal. Do a stun attack from the start and be ready for counter. I was very afraid for this trophy, but finally i did 145x combo. So good luck!

Growing weary of attempting this to be honest. Beating up bad guys as Batman is fun, but beating up the same bad guys 50+ times attempting to get a trophy is not fun.

Gonna take a break from this game I think, not enjoying it at all now.

Edit: 4 hours, that's how much of my life I've wasted attempting to get this bullshit trophy today.

Fuck this game, I'm done.

Edited by swotam

My tips and compiling the tips of this thread down to one post for what I hope will be a concise guide that helps everyone...

Location/plot landmarks:

-The ONLY place in the game to get 100x combo is in the Administration building on your way to get the electrical batarang upgrade after talking to the Warden. You will be at the right spot when a cell door slams down behind you and the Joker will start a conversation via loudspeaker about calling to cancel a magazine subscription.

Critical failure point:

Do this on a playthru when you have picked up absolutely NO Rush or gauntlet upgrades as they cause each punch to do more damage or quickly KO a thug and therefore it takes fewer hits to KO an enemy. Its possible to do the Admin building first and then you only have to ignore a couple of upgrade boxes on your way to this that you can pick up later.

-EDIT: If you get hit or lose your combo hit restart immediately, if you finish the fight you cannot go back without starting a new playthru!!!

How to start:

-After jumping over the gap, run around the corner and at the end of the walkway are two orange thugs. Keep running right at them and use XX to jump over the first orange thug. Cape stun the second orange (he may hit you first, but that is ok because if done right, that will be the only time you get hit or you'll restart anyway) and then use the 5x beatdown on him. Rinse and repeat thru the initial group of orange thugs. This way your back is to a wall and you are less likely to be surrounded.

General strategy:

-TURN OFF DIALOG in the options screen. You will be replaying this over and over and the Joker's repeated line will drive you as crazy as he is. Zen up and turn that off while attempting the 100x combo fight.

-If you are at 4X on a stun combo on an orange thug you can quickly hit the fifth even if another opponent has the counter symbol over his head 9 times out of 10.

-Otherwise (and esp with the purple thugs) slow your timing down if another thug is behind you or right next to the guy you are beating as a block may fail if you are in mid-punch.

-This isn't a race. Slowing down the rhythm of the fight was the most critical thing I learned getting up to a 100x combo

-Strategically plan who you hit next. Try and choose your next opponent so you are not surrounded.

-You can walk around a bit without breaking your combo so make sure you are close enough to hit the next guy before throwing a punch. Use XX to jump over someone if it helps to get you out of a crowd.

-Only tap block when you know you have to as a missed block will also break the combo.

-Also, missing a cape stun does NOT seem to stop your combo like on the console version, so don't be afraid to use it.

-If you block an attack while in the middle of a purple thug beatdown, make sure he is still stunned or else he will block the punch and you will lose the combo. But also try not to cape stun an already stunned opponent as he will just fall over.

-I prefer to get the orange guys out of the way early so I can focus on the purple guys with fewer people to have to block since the beatdown on the purple guys takes 30+ hits to complete, it is therefore more time for the others to walk up and punch you.

-This isn't that tough, it just takes some practice and discipline. After a few tries I got up to 60 easily and then 90 and then finally 100! Go do it!

Edited by Ukato

For those wondering where in the Administration building you attempt this trophy, here's a screenshot. You'll pass through this section on your way to get the Shock Batarang upgrade.

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/6555/rnof.jpg

One other tip:

Don't finish the fight unless you've already got your 100 Combo. If you defeat all the thugs and then reload the checkpoint, they won't respawn and you'll have to start a new game, or new game plus, to return and try again.

Still haven't got this trophy, hate this trophy...

Great map!

It is incredibly frustrating at first and even more frustrating since the console Arkham Origins doesn't have a 100x combo trophy and the combat here is much more wonky.

It takes many attempts, but just keep maneuvering to the outside and work your way back in, don't get surrounded so they can pile on you. I finally got a 120x and will happily never have to do that again.