Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Pokkit_

If you want to see how the other endings pan out, you can play them via the pause menu. The two endings you didn't choose will be playable missions that won't affect the decision you already made.

After seeing all of the endings, the "C - Death Wish" choice was definitely the best one all-around. It offered a lot more gameplay value and it felt like the story was wrapped up a lot better.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game was awesome, most of the missions were really fun to play and I loved the characters. Ending was alright, a little disappointing, I went for option C which is definitely the best but I would've preferred a single, definitive ending instead of 3 different ones.

Now I"m going for 100%!! Just collected all spaceship parts and delivered someone to the Altruist Cult XD

I wonder if you can change your approach on heists if you replay the decision missions again. I really want to see how other methods work, but I don't really want to start over again this soon. Heists were the best missions imo. They should have included the other approaches in Replay Missions screen just like other 2 ending missions after game's completion.

I picked A, because I thought C would be the end of Franklin, and I love that dude. I can confirm you're fucked if you didn't backup saves and you have Trevor trophies left to get.

My last save was before the FIB heist, so I have some replaying to do :/ Can someone confirm for me that you can get all 3 characters together to hangout after the story is complete? Or should I just start a new game and play up to the point where they can for the trophy.

Edited by Str8Flushin'

Thought the story missions missed a sense of overarchingness (i.e. a main plot). A lot of the story missions felt more like side missions than actual "story progressing" missions.

Overal, the thin story was good/satisfying enough. I felt adequately invested in the characters :).

I bought a tank on the website wit trevor but the thing isn't in his garage, the one in the city not at his house or anything. Anybody know where i can get my 3000000$ vehicle?

I did three man army wit franklin... after 69/69. call both b4 picking any1 up.

Edited by Alcraz

I was so tempted to kill Trevor in the final mission, lol. But luckily I checked first and saw that he was unplayable afterwards if you did and I still have some stuff to do with him.

Though I did enjoy the final standoff and the 3 assassinations of the various antagonists, plus the last "send off" of Devin Weston.

Edited by Coop

I just completed the third "random event" mission as Trevor where you can bring people to the Altruist cult, and this time I was brought in too and I had to kill everyone as part of the event, and at the end it said "Altruist cleared"... is this implying there is more than one? I really wanted to keep them naked old perverts around for the laughs.

I picked A, because I thought C would be the end of Franklin, and I love that dude. I can confirm you're fucked if you didn't backup saves and you have Trevor trophies left to get.

My last save was before the FIB heist, so I have some replaying to do :/ Can someone confirm for me that you can get all 3 characters together to hangout after the story is complete? Or should I just start a new game and play up to the point where they can for the trophy.

I can confirm that if you choose C, this trophy is obtainable after you complete the story (I unlocked it postgame).

Outstanding game but man was the ending bad! All 3 were ass, after all they went through Franklin was a stone cold assassin? I can believe he would put Trevor down if needs must but Michael? No chance! I loved the C mission but it just made me wonder why they didn't just take them all out like that before?

Also Johnny. :( Made me hate Trevor at first but man did he quickly become my favourite GTA protag! ;)

Just finished the story and chose C. Didn't want either to die but then starting thinking that Frank might die trying to save the two or everyone dies. C seems to be the best ending where all of them live. Love some of the references they throw in from past games, like the train mission and how one of the objectives says better than CJ. Also, when you do the first heist Lester talks about gathering up a crew and mentions Niko (an eastern European guy living in Liberty City). The game is pretty fun and the story was great with a lot of funny moments (one of my favs, is Jimmy T-bagging his own dad).

So after the game (After i picked C and killed everyone lol) i get an email from some guy talking about how the merryweather stock went wayyyy down and that now's his chance to invest in it. I checked, and the stock went down 110%. My question here is, should i invest all of my money on merryweather? Will that stock ever go up?

So after the game (After i picked C and killed everyone lol) i get an email from some guy talking about how the merryweather stock went wayyyy down and that now's his chance to invest in it. I checked, and the stock went down 110%. My question here is, should i invest all of my money on merryweather? Will that stock ever go up?

Just checked it for you, I'm quite into the post-game (say 10 hours at least) and Merryweather is now at $103.3 a piece, so check how much it is worth now and if its LOWER than you should purchase, if it HIGHER at the amount then obviously no. I suspect its higher, as it says in my game it dropped by 27,4%.

Endings A and B seemed really forced. It was a complete 180 for Franklin to turn into some kind of assassin and felt completely off character for him to kill Michael and Trevor. It was cool to see it but really shouldn't have been there.

Ending C was definitely rewarding though. Loved the credit music for that ending and just the general feeling it left me with.

I just did the "train" mission. I knew it was a throwback to San Andreas as soon as I realized I had to jump onto the train, and even at the end, one of the challenges for the mission is called "Better than CJ". I got a kick out of that haha

yh i love all the little throwbacks to previous GTA's in this one

Trevor is awesome, cant think of a better game character for me, loved the big fuck you to any GTA character in the past when he brutalised Johnny K right at his introduction :D

Chose option C, couldnt kill either of them, and looking at the Brady Guide the other two final missions were really short. No other option for me.

Anyone else change to Trevor and he's passed out drunk in nothing but his underwear on the bridge...Lmfao

YES, I have switched to him and hes been up on Mt. Chiliad in a dress with a empty liquor bottle. Another time he was at the beach with nothing but his underwear and there were a couple jet skis and dead bodies everywhere. LOL