Would You have liked to live in another Time Period?

HloodyBell

Hello guys and girls, Hloody here.

So I "witnessed" something funny today. My "friend" had some Pc issues, and got mad and said "Hell" I'd like take the middle ages any day of the Week..!

The funny thing is that I've said things like these Myself. That I'd prefer to live in another Time Period than the present. When I think about it, I'm not so Sure. Are we in the best Time Period ever? Or what..

To "live" during the Renaissance sounds interesting, but maybe it'd be more interesting if I lived in Italy at the Time..!

Other than that, I can't think of any. Maybe I'd like to live in the 50's and 60's, always been Fascinated by that Time Period. But all in all I think I'm "pretty" good here in the Present day America, even if all the Technology might be overwhelming and annoying at times - LAUGHINGS

What about You.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys and girls, Hloody here.

So I "witnessed" something funny today. My "friend" had some Pc issues, and got mad and said "Hell" I'd like take the middle ages any day of the Week..!

The funny thing is that I've said things like these Myself. That I'd prefer to live in another Time Period than the present. When I think about it, I'm not so Sure. Are we in the best Time Period ever? Or what..

To "live" during the Renaissance sounds interesting, but maybe it'd be more interesting if I lived in Italy at the Time..!

Other than that, I can't think of any. Maybe I'd like to live in the 50's and 60's, always been Fascinated by that Time Period. But all in all I think I'm "pretty" good here in the Present day America, even if all the Technology might be overwhelming and annoying at times - LAUGHINGS

What about You.

You're running out of topics. x_x

60's-80's, love the music...

I would have loved to live through most of the decades prior to when I was born in the early 90's. The 40's and 50's for the fashion in particular, and from there to the 80's for the music!

However like aka dave mentioned, the technology we have today is incredible and we can't really complain about that being in our lives now.

Edited by GlennThomas

Well, out of personal interest I'd love to have lived in the Ancient Greek and Roman times as I've spent so long studying them I'd want to see what life was really like and what all the buildings and architecture would have looked like when newly built.

I'd also love to have lived in feudal Medieval England as the Lord of a manor or an estate, as the whole idea of a "household" and a close-knit society is really interesting to me.

However, as much as going into history would be great, I wouldn't change the time I grew up in that much. I'd have preferred to grow up in the 70s/80s mainly for the music and what my hometown used to be like before the modern music scene spread its bollocks everywhere, but that can't be helped. With modern technology, healthcare and of course this very web-page and the PS3/4, I wouldn't want to be in any other time - LAUGHINGS!

I wouldn't mind reliving the 90's again. The 90's was an awesome time.

Not sure if I would want to live in a time period where women and black people and other so called minorities couldn't even vote and had to use separate things and what not. I don't think gay people even existed back then. No one would have wanted to come out if they were.

The 70s is probably as much as I can tolerate. Yet I hate disco.

50s so I could actually stay in the kitchen and make my hubby some great sammiches.

The difference in the 50's is if you didn't make the sammiches you probably got back handed. You also didn't 'stay' in the kitchen. More like forced into the kitchen.

While as today you can tell you're hubby to go and make them himself. Or do them yourself. You actually have either option.

Edited by spartan267

Jokingly, the caveman ages. Can just knock a chick on the head and drag her into your cave for some loving. No first date, no getting to know her, just one clunk on the head and you get what you want. Plus, who doesn't want to try riding a dinosaur? Exploring the land on your raptor; bonking people on the head with a club; and pebbles being used as currency, that's the good life right there.

I would really like to be in the Sengoku era of Japan. I'd get to see my favorite history in person. Sure, those were terrible times but I'm sure eras you people chose weren't so peaceful. I would just like to see the Samurai code in action and some of the famous between various warlords.

Jokingly, the caveman ages. Can just knock a chick on the head and drag her into your cave for some loving. No first date, no getting to know her, just one clunk on the head and you get what you want. Plus, who doesn't want to try riding a dinosaur? Exploring the land on your raptor; bonking people on the head with a club; and pebbles being used as currency, that's the good life right there.

I know the first part of that is joking, so I'm not quite sure if the second part is too, but I seriously hope you're not suggesting that cavemen were around at the same time as dinosaurs :rofl:

I know the first part of that is joking, so I'm not quite sure if the second part is too, but I seriously hope you're not suggesting that cavemen were around at the same time as dinosaurs :rofl:

Well you ruined that bit for us all :p I wanted to see who would go "AW! Hell ya! Riding dinosaurs as a caveman". Way to ruin free fun xD.

The second part wasn't a joke. I love history and that happens to be one of my favorite eras.

Floor quaking in Laugheter my friend.

Well Hloody, in your "Bucket List" thread I mentioned the three top things on my list involved going back in time; If I was able to, I'd go back to the 1950's to start crossing things off my list.

Hmm.. riding a T-Rex doesn't sound half bad either

Edited by Dipsy

Well you ruined that bit for us all :p I wanted to see who would go "AW! Hell ya! Riding dinosaurs as a caveman". Way to ruin free fun xD.

The second part wasn't a joke. I love history and that happens to be one of my favorite eras.

I'm sorry mate, I can delete it if you want and you can see how many people take the bite? :rofl:

And I meant joking about the second part of the post I quoted (the dinosaur bit), not the Japan bit. That would actually be an interesting time to go back to :)

I'm sorry mate, I can delete it if you want and you can see how many people take the bite? :rofl:

And I meant joking about the second part of the post I quoted (the dinosaur bit), not the Japan bit. That would actually be an interesting time to go back to :)

Nah, it's fine. I was just hoping most people reading this would remember something like The Flintstones and go "I wanna soar in the sky on my Pterodactyl!" (shh..), instead of someone calling it out right away.

Not really. I was raised in a time period when Pokémon and Digimon were released and enjoyed the first seasons in which they were best; same with the Yu-Gi-Oh card game; and am living now where trophies are a big part of my gaming hobby, and making friends on this site. I'm thankful for what I have and all the friends I've made over the years.