Rate the platinum difficulty  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.97

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platinum Difficulty 4/10 for me, why? Because baring a few, THE TROPHIES ARE EASY

I'm not sure I understand your logic here. This isn't a majority trophy difficulty thread, it's a (P)PLATINUM(P) difficulty thread. The majority of the trophies are easy, and simply time-consuming, but the PLATINUM is going to be difficult, due to the Binding Coil.

Edited by PainOfDemise

People voting low purely because of the crafting trophies are off their nutters. How is it a 4/10 if the one or two non-farming trophies are gonna be solid 10/10 ball busters? Binding Coil is going to be brutal, if the top 1% of guilds are saying it's difficulty is tuned perfectly then the majority of players wont be completing it for a while. Especially people new to MMO's and have never raided before, it's not a walk in the park. At all. By the way the top guilds are describing it, you wont be being carried through if you're an average player. And in raid environments, all it takes is for one rotten egg to spoil the bunch.

To put it into perspective, to even enter the Binding Coil you need to complete all the Primal fights in hardmode. People are struggling with the normal mode primals as it is. Sure, in months time when the Crystal Tower 24 player raid comes out and you can outgear Binding Coil it might be easier. But at the moment Yoshi-P is probably right about the amount of players clearing it before the next patch being less than 100. Even then it'll take a long time for average player groups to clear it.

@topic: I believe a games Platinum Difficulty should be rated on the difficulty of the most difficult trophy. So even if 80% of em are easy, if there is one that's a 9/10 it will determin tge difficulty of the plat, since you won't get the plat without it. Just my thought.

I am hoping that once new classes get released and maybe the level cap set higher (not thinking about next month, but maybe within a year) and new contet is added, then maybe the difficulty will decrease. Until then it's probably a 9-10

Edited by PainOfDemise

game gets a 10/10 only due to binding coil. every other trophy is meh/mindless/doesn't take any real skill.

clearing the binding coil takes a lot of time and effort and 7 other really good players who are geared out appropriately. I've done the first 3 turns and working on the 4th atm.

The first two turns are pretty difficulty, but it really depends on your job. I went as bard for the 1st and 2nd turn and had slime duty on the 1st boss and silence duty on the 2nd. 2nd boss is more a pain in the ass because i have to silence quickly, play hot potato, dps efficiently, and dodge that bullshit laser so it's a lot to keep up with.

The third turn is a simple trash mob dungeon which is a nice break from the difficulty of the previous dungeons and it's an epic/awesome looking dungeon. The 4th is where my group is currently stuck and it's pure insanity. it's like playing survival mode where things just keep coming for you and it is pure chaos.

Turn 1 is a 8.5/10, Turn 2 is a 9/10, Turn 3 is a 1/10, and Turn 4 is a 10/10 in terms of difficulty. So this platinum gets a 10 vote from me and i can only imagine how hard turn 5 will be.

EDIT: forgot to mention, my name is Epedemic Optikz on Hyperion server so hello to anyone on Hyperion. (/thumbsup)

Edited by Epedemic

• 1 month later...

*Majority of the posts deleted*

My god people, this is a thread for rating the difficulty of obtaining the platinum and giving your reasons on why you rated it that way, not for just general chit-chat about the game. Create a thread if you want to talk about the coils or whatever about the game, just don't do it in this thread.

*Majority of the posts deleted*

My god people, this is a thread for rating the difficulty of obtaining the platinum and giving your reasons on why you rated it that way, not for just general chit-chat about the game. Create a thread if you want to talk about the coils or whatever about the game, just don't do it in this thread.

The majority of posts you deleted were on-topic speculation about how Coil difficulty would pan out. These exist in ALL difficulty forums FYI. If you have so much free time on your hands, I suggest you start deleting the first 20 pages of this thread.

On topic: All but a few trophies are easy peasy.

Crafting trophies: Buy 1000 ingredients of the first recipe in your crafting log. Go grab a coffee, watch a movie while you quick synth. Do this for all your crafts.

PVP trophy: Only participation required. Winning not mandatory. Again, go grab a coffee.

Fate: Join a party. Hit one enemy, leech until timer clocks down to zero. Wear gear that is not 100% spirit-bonded. Swap them out after they are.

Levequests: You will need real money to earn this trophy.

Binding Coil of Bahamut (It's only one trophy): 10/10

If you want to average it out, you will probably get a 3/10... or would you? But, then again, I am da best player in dis game, so it just feelz easy.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

On topic suggestion @Leo Strut (even though his posts were deleted :():

Try this and see if it unlocks the trophy:

1) Log out of the game while still in turn 5 (not the zone after you exit t5), after beating Twintania (hard crash if you have to).

2) Log back in on PS3.

3) Exit turn 5 while on PS3.

Reasoning: The Binds That Tie (PC achievement) only pops after you click the exit point of turn 5 in this video (warning: spoilers) at 16:04. This is probably tied to the PS3 achievement and will pop at the same time.

Edited by axemtitanium

Im voting 1 because apparently Coil is off-topic and doesnt have anything to do with this platinums difficulty. Rest is just time consuming.

Wow, are you serious? You know, 1 is usually a grade that you give a game for kids that can be beaten in a few hours. Are you sure this one is a 1?

I mean, come on. How is coil off-topic for you? Is it that easy to beat?

The levi trophy alone will take at least half a year to get. Not to forget all the money needed for the subscription fee. I still think that only a few hundred people will have the patience do get a platinum and even then it will probably have a rarity percentage under 1%.

Are you going to get that plat? If not, how can you grade it so lowly then?

My vote: 7/10. I waited awhile before deciding on how to rate this game. I think 7 because many of the trophies are very easy--but these are balanced out by a great number of time consuming trophies (so, so many time consuming trophies) and also Binding Coil, which is quite hard since I haven't managed a full clear yet. Frankly, the time preparing for, effort, and amount of multiple person coordination required for BC alone throws the average over to the high end for me. It would seem disingenuous to me to rate this lower only to have someone pick it up expecting something easy and then hit a wall with BC.

Hopefully this overall assessment isn't viewed as off topic.

Edited by Catbird
Bad html was bad.

• 3 weeks later...

If you guys want a big discussion on the coil for this game, then make a separate thread for it. This thread is for voting on the difficulty of the game and your reasoning for voting it. Not going into a full on back and forth discussion about one thing. That's where a separate thread serves better, and if people have any questions about the hardest part of the game, they will see it and know where to look, because they won't be looking in the difficulty thread about it.

Even took the liberty of making you guys one: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/219137-binding-coil-discussion.html

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...

(I think) I just got the world first Platinum trophy for this game. I vote 8/10 on this difficulty. With the method I outlined in the other thread, it's simple to earn the Binding Coil Turn 5 trophy by beating it on PC and then logging into PS3 to pop the trophy. The hard part is beating Turn 5 of course. While hard, I don't think it's 10/10 hard to beat Twintania and earn the hardest trophy in the game. The other trophies are just time consuming which =/= hard.

Hahaha, yeah I was wondering if you frequented these forums. I was so tense because I accidentally declined the first DF pop for PvP but then it popped again soon after.

Not sure if it made a difference but I also inadvertently revealed my hand when I clicked the update button on psnprofiles.com by accident. I wouldn't have been on the leaderboard if I didn't click it.

• 4 weeks later...

It's really hard to rate this game because of the MMO aspect of it. So much depends on people you play with doing their job.

I couldn't see anyone seriously giving this game lower than a 6/10.

Personally, I'd stick it at an 8/10. I couldn't really get in a fight with someone who wanted to give it a higher grade though.

(Prior to patch 2.1, I'd agree with it being a 10/10. The addition of CT gear along with the increase myth cap makes accessing/defeating Coil a bit easier. Plus, you have way better odds of getting into a group who knows what they are doing now, as opposed to pre-2.1 when no one really had any idea the mechanics of the Coil fights)

Edited by osubuckeye420

• 2 months later...

Just got my platinum. :dance:

I'm going to stamp this with a 6/10 after the latest patch. TBCoB has been drastically nerfed due to the 10% Echo buff. Not to mention new gear and a well geared community. The time to platinum itself hasn't changed THAT much. I'd say it'll take anywhere from 400-500 hours now given you play it on a daily basis.

With the new challenges system and dungeon experience buffs, hitting 50 is quicker than ever. Once you're at 50, you can be geared for end game content inside a week depending on dedication.

From the perspective of a PS3 player that has been on the servers since day 1, I have to say that you can easily have all trophies except for the levequest trophy inside a 6 month period. The hardest trophy is still Coil, but most random groups can easily do turns 1,2,3, and 4. Special consideration needed for Turn 5, but overall the platinum itself is a 6/10 currently. As time goes on and other patches and gear are implimented, this difficulty rating will decrease. However, The game will likely always take a minimum of 6 months.

With the new challenges system and dungeon experience buffs, hitting 50 is quicker than ever. Once you're at 50, you can be geared for end game content inside a week depending on dedication.

From the perspective of a PS3 player that has been on the servers since day 1, I have to say that you can easily have all trophies except for the levequest trophy inside a 6 month period. The hardest trophy is still Coil, but most random groups can easily do turns 1,2,3, and 4. Special consideration needed for Turn 5, but overall the platinum itself is a 6/10 currently. As time goes on and other patches and gear are implimented, this difficulty rating will decrease. However, The game will likely always take a minimum of 6 months.

explain to me how you can get end gear within a week please

so i90 gear is enough to do the coil? i have been farming brayflox hehe so much fun. what do you need weapon wise?

For T1-4 i90 is excessive - back when I did T4 for the the first time I was probably i76 or something (mind you, I was healing, which generally has lower gear requirements), and this was without the 10% echo buff you have now. More gear helps you carry the groups you get in PF though.

Your weapon is your most important upgrade for healers or DPS, so you ideally want an i90 weapon (obviously more would be nice, but no ones going to rage at you for not having it).

T5 is much harder, and to clear it you probably want i85+ and a very, very good group. The group is more important than your gear - I've seen i90s do horrendously badly in practice groups, simply because they couldn't handle the mechanics.