Speed Run

AriaOfSorrow

I'm going to be trying for the speed run soon, and I'd just like an idea of what kind of speed run this is going to take. Is it pretty easily done as long as you don't take any detours, or will that not be enough and you'll need shortcuts you wouldn't normally use or even realize is available? I can't really tell. The only thing I've really seen people saying about it so far is to always use smoke bombs, but I'm not sure how that's even possible if you aren't fighting and getting money in the first place.

The speed run is a joke and not really worth worrying about -- I finished in 2hr 45min on my very first time playing through as Kisuke (though I was indeed going for the speed run trophy).

I also didn't use a single smoke bomb. The fights that start as soon as you enter an area can be avoided completely (just run right to the exit), which only leaves boss fights and random fights where the screen locks. I just fought all of those normally. I also did all of the hot spring events that I came across during this playthrough, so there is plenty of leeway.

Edit: Also, it's fairly easy to see if you're "on track" during your playthrough. Each Act should take you roughly 20 minutes. You can check your currently playtime at the bottom of the Start menu.

Edited by JFryes

Is there any character, that is perfered over another, for a speed run?

Kisuske boss fights are easier and faster than Momohime. Just buy 7 bronze mirrors in the first vendor you come across and use them after every boss to save time returning to the main road. My final time was 2:15 minutes without too much planning.

Edited by Aexuz

first run

i was quite slow in the beginning, at 1:07 after act 2 only (kisuke), now i'm at 1:45 after act 4 (so the last 2 chapters took less than 20 minutes each), will i still make it if i keep the pace?

edit:

3:08 at the last savepoint, 3:18 at the end, didn't make it :\

i have no idea how you guys can beat this in 2 hours, the backtracking takes ages even with bronze mirrors

edit:

ok just follow this guide to know which savepoints to activate

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684034-muramasa-rebirth/66597047

Edited by jigsaw

first run

ok just follow this guide to know which savepoints to activate

Speedrun Strategies/Theorycrafting - Muramasa Rebirth Message Board for PlayStation Vita - GameFAQs

Thanks for posting that link here, Using the guidelines in the link let me finish kisuke's story in 2 hours and 5 minutes ( including the end credits)

• 5 months later...

Something like this would've been great to have in the guide, as I think it just mentions that you should activate some save point, but not which one. I still managed to beat it without having seen this, but my final save (after the credits) was at exactly 3h 0min. :D

• 2 years later...

Can anyone confirm when the timer stops?

I have a save at the final boss at 2:45. I beat the boss and the post-fight timer said 7:57. So with a few scenes before/after, that shouldn't have taken up the other 7 minutes.

But when I finally got to save post-credits, it claimed my time on that save file was 3:07.

How long are the credits? Do they count in the time? Can I skip them?

Very tough to be so close and somehow not get it.

EDIT: Never mind. Got it after another try. I started a stopwatch and from save load to first credits took me 13:30. Then the trophy popped as soon as the credits started. Whew.

Edited by stele