The Last of Us - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

PowerPyx

Oh crap. Someone in this forum tell me on Survivor+ i dont need pick up the 5 tool manuls again, and i started today Survivor+ and reach the first table and i need the manuals. Im with 2/5, thats strange...

You're not supposed to have to pick them up again. They're just like any othe rcollectible. They're supposed to carry over.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not supposed to have to pick them up again. They're just like any othe rcollectible. They're supposed to carry over.

This is strange because the first tool manual is on Billy city and im in chapter 3 and im with level 2. :think:

This is very strange. Its a glitch? because im already have all the collectibles.

This is strange because the first tool manual is on Billy city and im in chapter 3 and im with level 2. :think:

This is very strange. Its a glitch? because im already have all the collectibles.

Does it only show 2 in your pack or it says 2 when you're at a bench? I never looked at what my pack said, but while I was at a bench it would say 5.

Sorry, but I think you're glitched. I you kept your end game save from your last run you can start another NG+ from there. I don't think you have any other options. You could go on without the books, but I dont' know if they'll spawn again.

I started a NG+ with this save. I hope i can get the tools manuals again.

EDIT: In the statistics i have all the collectibles but on Tools says i have zero. But no problem with this, i need to finish the game.

EDIT 2: I reach chapter 4 and the place we get the first tool and no tool there. I hope i can get the others, because if i have 2/5 on the bench i think the others are in the rest of the game.

Edited by Mastodon

Btw. Not sure if this has been said, and I don't know how rare heal supplies are, but I just noticed I was running really low on health near the end of chapter 2. I kept holding off on healing figuring it might be best to save my med kits and just see if there was random food on the ground. No such luck. But after chapter 3 loaded, I was back to full health.

Not sure if this means that the start of each new chapter you are auto fully healed or what. But could be helpful to know.

Ste

I've had allies give me health occasionally on my survivor playthrough when I'm low on health. I think it didn't matter if I already had a kit or not, but maybe while I was off killing people they found a kit and picked it up or something I dunno, but I have had them give me some health when I was low.

Also, I'm doing the NG+ on Survivor (2nd playthrough of the game) and I'm almost 100% certain I never fully upgraded my listen ability with Joel, and on this playthrough I just finished my last upgrade on Joel and it gave me the trophy for being fully upgraded, even though I'm fairly certain I never fully upgraded my Listen on my normal run of the game. Dunno if anyone else has had that happen, but just thought I might mention it, as if you are really desperate for the trophy this can cut down the total number of supplements you'd need to find.

Great guide! Can't wait to use this , also I really feel you should mention that the hunter trophy and firefly trophy ARE 100% glitched for some people (like me , got proof ) because 17 hours online just to get no trophy at all was extremely frustraighting . Also I couldn't imagine someone paying for an online pass just for their trophy to glitch , just saying . Thanks for the guide :>

Win or lose doesn't matter at all. Each complete (or quit) match advances you one day. What matters is how many supplies you gather. I've lost most of my games but I can still get 60 or 70 supplies. Your score (parts acquired) convert to supplies at the end, plus any you pick up after killing someone. So if you get a lot of parts from crafting, or collecting materials, or healing teammates, etc. you get a lot of supplies no matter how good or bad your team does.

As for the mission days, you can still do crap as long as you complete the missions. And really you can even ignore the missions that add survivors. It's the challenges where you're going to lose survivors no matter what that you have to worry about. You need to pick a really easy mission, like heal teammates or mark enemies and complete it to the 3rd tier to reduce the number of losses as much as possible. For the challenges that add survivors, pick the hardest ones, one you don't think you can finish at all, cause if you don't finish it doesn't matter you won't lose anything.

Thank you mate, thats a good explanation exactly what i was looking for.

(Taken from the guide) --> There currently is a glitch that allows you to play New Game+ on survivor difficulty, without having to replay a completely new game on survivor again. Do the following to make use of this little trick:

Start New Game Plus in the main menu

Complete the first chapter (Hometown)

When the next chapter starts, save and exit to the main menu

Go to Chapter Select and choose the first chapter "Hometown"

Choose Survivor difficulty and play through the entire game.

Just to clarify:

So, I just completed the game for the first time on Hard, and I unlocked, the Easy, Normal and Hard trophies.

If I do the above method for my 2nd playthough, will I get Survivor, Survivor+, Hard+, Normal+, and Easy+ after completing the game?

Will I also be able to get all collectibles in my 2nd playthrough then?

Edited by VideoGamesPS3

(Taken from the guide) --> There currently is a glitch that allows you to play New Game+ on survivor difficulty, without having to replay a completely new game on survivor again. Do the following to make use of this little trick:

Start New Game Plus in the main menu

Complete the first chapter (Hometown)

When the next chapter starts, save and exit to the main menu

Go to Chapter Select and choose the first chapter "Hometown"

Choose Survivor difficulty and play through the entire game.

Just to clarify:

So, I just completed the game for the first time on Hard, and I unlocked, the Easy, Normal and Hard trophies.

If I do the above method for my 2nd playthough, will I get Survivor, Survivor+, Hard+, Normal+, and Easy+ after completing the game?

Will I also be able to get all collectibles in my 2nd playthrough then?

Yes, you will get both the Survivor and Survivor + trophies along with all the other + trophies. I played my first game on Normal, used this method and got all the difficulty trophies I hadn't unlocked yet. Just be aware that when you get to the end, do not skip the final cutscene or the credits, let them both play to the end (get a soda, go to the bathroom or something) When it returns to the main menu is when they'll start popping. Survivor will pop before Survivor +, there is a gap between them popping of up to about 30 seconds. So don't freak out and quit if it takes awhile.

As for the collectibles, they are all present in Survivor +. However, you might have trouble getting enough materials to make the Shivs needed for the 13 doors if you didn't already open those on your first run. Some of the collectibles are behind shiv doors. But using this method, any collectibles you acquired in your first run SHOULD carry over, if they don't that's a separate bug. They won't be in your bag (except for the training manuals), but the stats menu in the pause screen will show a number collected, and you won't have to collect those ones again (assuming you can remember which ones you got)

Okay thanks for the elaborate response! Real usefull.

On my first playthrough I unlocked 11/13 Shiv Doors. I did find the other 2 doors, but didn't have a shiv at those times. Glad I remember where they were, so I'll make sure to save my shivs for those 2 doors on my Survivor/Survivor+ run. Yeah hopefully all other collectibles carry over and don't glitch, because I already collected 112 out of 141.

Okay thanks for the elaborate response! Real usefull.

On my first playthrough I unlocked 11/13 Shiv Doors. I did find the other 2 doors, but didn't have a shiv at those times. Glad I remember where they were, so I'll make sure to save my shivs for those 2 doors on my Survivor/Survivor+ run. Yeah hopefully all other collectibles carry over and don't glitch, because I already collected 112 out of 141.

Oh, that's another thing. The easiest way to make sure that it worked and you are indeed on Survivor + is to check your save file after you start to make sure it says New Game +. When you do that, ignore whatever it says for collectibles found. It will only show up to whatever chapter you're on. So if you're in chapter 3 it will only show however many you've gotten in chapters 2 and 3, nothing beyond. The stats menu shows them all.

Any one having issues with freezes? Just had my first one on chapter 3 :doh:

From what im reading about all the glitches and so on im starting go get a little worried over here.. Since im doing the collecting all of the stuff in my first play through. Deleted the patch though hoping it helps.

I had three freezes in chapter 5. Only happened on one playthrough though (out of five).

Regarding the glitches: they only happen to a small percentage of players. However, there are millions of people playing this game - that's why there are thousands of reports about glitches and other bugs.

Neither Harry, nor I have had any problems with trophy glitches. Don't worry too much about it for now. If you play offline and without the patch then you should be fine.

Yeah, I haven't had a single trophy glitch yet. The only problem I have now is my collectible counter has broken somewhere along the line. Sayings I have 85 artifacts and 5 tools, then 0 for everything else. Even if I pick up a pendant or comic book, doesn't budge off zero.

Luckily I already have the trophies.

For emergencies only

Fully upgrade all weapons

To upgrade your weapons you have to collect parts and tools. Parts are shown with a symbol. They appear in 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50. They can be found everywhere in the game, but most of them are behind shiv doors and side. Once you have some parts you can upgrade weapons at workbenches. There are many workbenches throughout the game and they are placed along the main paths. They aren't hidden and you will run into almost all of them automatically. The first one you come across is in chapter 3. The weapon holsters are not needed to unlock this trophy. You should try to save all your upgrade parts for the last weapons (Shorty, El Diablo, Flamethrower). That way, you do not have to replay the entire game if you are still missing some parts at the end of your second playtrhough. This trophy is going to take at least a few playtrhoughs so make sure you search all side areas for upgrade parts. All your weapon upgrades carry over to New Game+ playthroughs. You can replay New Game+ as often as you want to farm them. Here is a spreadsheet showing the total cost of all the weapons:

I am in chapter 10 in my Survivor+ run, and forgot to pick up the flamethrower at the university. Can I use chapter select to get this trophy, or should I just reload back to the university to save time?

If you ever get disconnected you can quickly quit to the XMB and you will not get a day without food. Once you complete the 12 weeks the trophy will unlock and you can move onto the other faction.

Hi I just have a question regarding this. How quick is needed once you disconnected to quit on XMB? I got disconnected 3 times in a row so my survivors went down from 36 to 6.

Will I go back to week 1 if I got disconnected again?

Thanks

Hi I just have a question regarding this. How quick is needed once you disconnected to quit on XMB? I got disconnected 3 times in a row so my survivors went down from 36 to 6.

Will I go back to week 1 if I got disconnected again?

Thanks

As soon as the screen goes black quickly quit to the XMB, it has worked for me :)