What game are you playing currently?

rhd

On 8/22/2022 at 7:12 PM, Deceiver said:

Playing Tales of Arise, game is very good. First impression of the Tales series is good.

Arise was also my first Tales game and it made a very good impression with me also.

Playing through Deathloop at the moment, game seems pretty cool so far.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:32 AM, Tigerz_bone_21 said:

I was still doing to focus AC series of dlc ps3 before they will be shut down due online.

AC Black Flag -

checked Blackbeard's Wrath

uncheck Freedom Cry

AC III -

checked The Battle Hardened Pack - The infamy episode 1 

unchecked - episode 2 and episode 3

AC II brotherhood -

unchecked - Da Vinci Disappearance dlc 

ACR -

checked - Multiplayer  and map packs

unchecked - the lost archive 

Is Black Flag being shutdown as well? Thought it was all titles on the PS3 up to and including ACIII.

Edit: Currently in the process of freeing the last God in Immortals: Fenyx Rising. Pretty sure I'm done with all the collectibles now.

Also played Elemental Monster Online Card Game on the PS3 for the first time in 10 years or so. I would at least like to get the single player game done, well.aware this tickets business for the multiplayer may prevent me from this ultra rare plat from a decade ago. 

Edited by Respectable Inn
Update
  • Like 1

Started doing a little clean up lately. I finally finished the Joseph DLC for Far Cry 6. I still need to do the 2 Spec Op DLC's, but unless someone is willing to help me who's already done them at Mastery 3, then I'm declaring FC6 complete at 95%.

Also got my 100% in DiRT 5 today, finishing off those last couple, horrible Time Trials. 

Need to get on Bugsnax and complete Isle of Bigsnax and go back to Ghost of Tsushima to play the Iki Island DLC.

But in the mean time I started on Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. After that will probably be Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Classic Edition to knock these off the backlog. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 8:14 AM, Slamma said:

Trying to finish off Returnal, those ciphers are annoying to find.

I typically would have moved on from current game... but, honestly, I'm enjoying the gameplay that I don't mind playing these levels over and over and over.

lol the ciphers are still annoying af

Three more to finish up... but hot damn I'm still enjoying the gameplay

Enjoying Age Of Empires IV while it's free (until tomorrow !).

A nice throwback to the 90's, updated graphically with long cinematics (mostly with real footage !) serving as an historical presentation of the mission.

There is also a new section called "Art Of War" which are small time trials giving you medals and experience if you complete them fast enough.

This seems to be an interesting way to learn to be efficient at the game, because it's divided in small parts covering the different mechanics.

For example the first challenge is to gather enough ressources to build a monument so you can unlock the next age. For the gold medal you have to beat in under 5 minutes 10 seconds, under 6 minutes for the silver medal and under 7 minutes 30 seconds for the bronze medal (I did it in 6 minutes 12 seconds).

So despite being only rough impressions, I like this mix between the classic AoE gameplay and the new additions.

Deathloop. I started this a while back, but only played for 4 or 5 hours on and off. Although I found it interesting at the time, there was something about it that was preventing me from getting fully sucked into it. I came back to it recently and it all clicked into place for me. I'm finding the gameplay loop (no pun intended) really addicting. I really like the open-endedness of it all and the degree of freedom you have with how you choose to do things. Pretty much everything about it is great. If I had one major gripe, then it's the AI, which is really, really dumb at times. Most of the time in fact. They don't put up any fight whatsoever and they just run directly at you. The rest of the time they're just standing around waiting to be killed. For a game with some really deep and fairly complex mechanics at play, the AI is such a let-down in comparison. Loving the rest of the game, though.

• Like 1

After the end of Age Of Empires IV free trial, I booted up the demo of Turbo Overkill the next Apogee game and I'm still pretty mixed.

The story is between System Shock (and AI gone rogue creates part-human part-machine monsters), Deus Ex (you can buy upgrade for your character) and Bioshock (there are vending machines for upgrading your weapons, buying implants, ammos...).

The combats are the strongest point of the game, simply awesome, Apogee really put the FAST in "fast-fps", the movements are slick, you have a dash and...and chainsaw leg, which can be upgraded so enemies drop armor, health...

The drawback is that unlike the dash, there is no cooldown or fuel needed on the chainsaw so you can abuse it (at least on normal difficulty).

The music is original, I had some Ramstein vibes with the mix of synthwave and metal.

The part hat concerns me the most is the platforming, I spent a lot of time towards the end to jump on platforms, using the double jump and the dash are quite tricky.

I really hope they will add the possibility of saving at any moment so you can quick load instead of climbing to the section you missed.

Anyway, it's really promising.

Edited by Snowman59
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Slamma said:

So I know I keep saying I love Returnal. I do. It's fantastic.

But fuck these ciphers, for real. I'm tired of playing through Crimson Wastes.

Finally done with Crimson Wastes. I had to watch through a video to see if I recognized any location I was missing and just did repeated speedruns to get there. I finally got a location I swear I hadn't seen before... nope, apparently I already got that one. I was at a loss as to which I was missing. Was about to start going through the video and check off each location one-by-one using as many speedruns as I needed. But decided to do one last quick run through. A place I had been to a dozen times before... there it was, right in front of me. Didn't even need to check the map. Ridiculous!

Now that I'm apparently obsessed with just running through the levels, I need to get all the way to the final biome for the last trophy... which means I need to slow down a bit so I can find a proper weapon to defeat Nemesis. Tried killing it this morning with just a pistol... was doing really well and got to the final phase but I got too close and didn't see some projectiles that eventually killed me.

Another demo tried yesterday with Metal : Hellsinger.

You play as a demon who has a grudge against Hell and you have to make your way...in rhythm.

Indeed, it's FPS/ Rhythm game, where you have to attack when the marker is aligned with the crosshair (like Parappa The Rapper if you remember this game) and if you hit at the right moment, you start combos.

The longer the combos, the more the song is "revealed" (at 16 hits, the singing starts), the more powerful you are...

Long story short, I didn't like it, I suck at this kind of game (that's why I suck at Sekiro) and in the end I was more focused on trying to get the rhythm that the environment.

Because if enemies are more or less static in the tutorial, you have to face moving and attacking hordes in the first level.

Thankfully they are not really fast (at least on normal) but basic imps are numerous.

Nonetheless, the soundtrack is awesome (if, like myself, you like metal music) with new songs from : Serj Tankian (System Of A Down), Alyssa White-Gulz (Arch Enemy), Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity), Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God)...

So I'll definitely get the soundtrack but I'll pass on the game...

• Like 1

Genshin just had a new update so going into that slowly now, also got back into Warframe so Genshin and Warframe are kinda splitting some time when I don't want to play the big game I am working on now.

Big game I started is MGSV, keep reading terrible things about making the Nuke now with how they changed the way you get resources so we shall see. The game's plot is insane so far, probably as it is also the first MGS game I have played so that also probably doesn't help.

Edited by Deceiver

Started on Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. 

But having some issues with it. I wasn't far in at all, doing my very first side quest...and I got hit with some kind of bug that's apparently been around since the PS3 days. Where when you run your character freezes in place for a second or 2...but nothing else freezes, and it just makes things highly unplayable because it doesn't go away. So looking up various threads from over the years, the only way to get around this bug was to reload a previous save from before it happened...unfortunately for me, not being someone that likes to have 4836573670927965 save files, it meant having to reload my save from right after the tutorial, so while I wasn't far in...it was enough that it's annoying and now I have to get in a groove of having way too many saves just in case it happens again. 

Papers, Please. Just have one trophy left. Screwed up the Glory to Arstotzka path on my first playthrough, so I'm now replaying the game for the 2nd time. Really good and interesting game, but getting kinda sick of it now. Just 10 more days (in-game) and I'm done. 

Started Unit 13 yesterday, got the Friendly Rivalry trophy out of the way, hoping to get the co-op trophy today. I quite like this 3rd person shooter in the short time I've played it, hoping to have a good time with it. 

• Like 1