Jump to content

 

What game are you playing currently?


rhd

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, AshtimusPrime said:

Also got in to Destiny 2 again to finally get the 100%. Done the Last Wish raid so just need to play a shitload of Gambit to get the relevant seal and last trophy.

 

Well that's a wipe. Across all platforms the game is crashing in the one bloody game mode I need. Thanks, Bungie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Ivotas said:

Not playing anything at the moment. Hated the last game I played that much that it made me back off from gaming for now.😅

 

Oh.

Soul Reaver is one of my favorite PS1 game, too bad it didn't click because personally I really like the universe (even though I only played Legacy Of Kain and Soul Reaver).

 

Quick story of my life : after finishing the nice adventure game Amerzone, yesterday I wanted to play Syberia (to stay with the late Benoît Sokal) and after starting the game I save, shut down the PC, go back to it and don't see my save.

Ok, I must have skipped the confirmation then, anyway I was right at the beginning so I start over, progress, save on multiple slots (just in case), and, before exiting the game, reload my most recent savegame to check if everything is correct, it is.

"Good, I can turn off the PC and continue tomorrow [today]" but to my surprise...only ONE save remains and it's the least advanced.

 

Yep, apparently the game, for whatever reasons, deletes your saves if you turn off your computer.

 

So, since I was lazy to start a new game, I started a challenge I like in Dark Souls Remastered : Pyro...mostly.

Mostly because you can't take down the early bosses with only 8 Fireballs, an unupgraded Pyro glove and no Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring (unless you use glitches and skips) but moreover Quelaag and the Demon Centipede are immune to fire, so you need a proper weapon to deal physical damage.

Edited by Snowman59
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Snowman59 said:

 

Oh.

Soul Reaver is one of my favorite PS1 game, too bad it didn't click because personally I really like the universe (even though I only played Legacy Of Kain and Soul Reaver).

 

Oh, the universe totally clicked with me and I really love it. Have been watching longplay of Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 (got two hours left on that one) to see where the story is headed. And while I don't want to shit on Soul Reaver's story, I have to say that I don't get why everyone is speaking fondly of that one when Soul Reaver 2 is the one with the story that get's mindblowing. Legacy of Kain 2 is more of a spin off than a continuation but still it has it's moments. Curious to see how Sould Reaver 2 continues in Legacy of Kain Defiance.

 

Well, that's all about the story. The gameplay is shit and I cannot see how it clicks with anyone. It just is that terrible even for that time. Heck, when you watch longplays of the game, where the player seemingly is higher skill that me I get angry at him for playing that badly. And then I remember how terrible that game's controls are and I feel immediately sorry for the guy.XD

 

14 hours ago, Snowman59 said:

 

Quick story of my life : after finishing the nice adventure game Amerzone, yesterday I wanted to play Syberia (to stay with the late Benoît Sokal) and after starting the game I save, shut down the PC, go back to it and don't see my save.

Ok, I must have skipped the confirmation then, anyway I was right at the beginning so I start over, progress, save on multiple slots (just in case), and, before exiting the game, reload my most recent savegame to check if everything is correct, it is.

"Good, I can turn off the PC and continue tomorrow [today]" but to my surprise...only ONE save remains and it's the least advanced.

 

Yep, apparently the game, for whatever reasons, deletes your saves if you turn off your computer.

 

So, since I was lazy to start a new game, I started a challenge I like in Dark Souls Remastered : Pyro...mostly.

Mostly because you can't take down the early bosses with only 8 Fireballs, an unupgraded Pyro glove and no Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring (unless you use glitches and skips) but moreover Quelaag and the Demon Centipede are immune to fire, so you need a proper weapon to deal physical damage.

 

Well, that sure sounds like a terrible game design. But nice to see you back at DS mate.^^ I myself think I'll get back to gaming once I've finished watching all the complete story of the Pillars of Nosgoth universe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just the final two quests and some miscellaneous stuff to finish off in Tales of Arise now as I finished the story yesterday. Started up Bulletstorm and just played through for about an hour. It’s the kind of FPS I thought it was, over the top fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ivotas said:

 

Oh, the universe totally clicked with me and I really love it. Have been watching longplay of Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 (got two hours left on that one) to see where the story is headed. And while I don't want to shit on Soul Reaver's story, I have to say that I don't get why everyone is speaking fondly of that one when Soul Reaver 2 is the one with the story that get's mindblowing. Legacy of Kain 2 is more of a spin off than a continuation but still it has it's moments. Curious to see how Sould Reaver 2 continues in Legacy of Kain Defiance.

 

Well, that's all about the story. The gameplay is shit and I cannot see how it clicks with anyone. It just is that terrible even for that time. Heck, when you watch longplays of the game, where the player seemingly is higher skill that me I get angry at him for playing that badly. And then I remember how terrible that game's controls are and I feel immediately sorry for the guy.XD

 

 

Well, that sure sounds like a terrible game design. But nice to see you back at DS mate.^^ I myself think I'll get back to gaming once I've finished watching all the complete story of the Pillars of Nosgoth universe.

 

Strange, I have no real problem to reajust to the old controls.

Sure I need some time to adapt and, of course, I mess up but it comes back pretty quickly (I'd like to say it's because I'm an old timer but some people play games dating before they were born without any difficulty).

 

Anyway for Syberia, I found the solution : in fact there are TWO folders for the saves, one in My Documents and the other in the HDD (E: in my case) and the saves are in first folder, so I just copy/ paste them in the folder the game load.

 

I'll go back after my small challenge in Dark Souls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Snowman59 said:

 

Strange, I have no real problem to reajust to the old controls.

Sure I need some time to adapt and, of course, I mess up but it comes back pretty quickly (I'd like to say it's because I'm an old timer but some people play games dating before they were born without any difficulty).

 

It's not that old controls can't be getting used to. It's that this game controls like ass. The camera is terrible and by that I don't just mean the camera rotation but actually what it shows. It makes puzzle solving and plattforming a lot more difficult than it has any right to be. And the technically easy fights are also much tougher because of the controls. I don't think that being an old game can excuse those terrible controls. There's older games than that which are much smoother. Plus I'm also an old timer who's approaching four decades of gaming. It's not an excuse. The game just is that bad.

 

I have to admit though that I've only ever played the PS3 Store version so if the original on the PS1 plays better, then of course it's the the gane designs fault. But holy moly does the version I play suck balls. The only game I would consider worse than this is the Phantom Pain (for the opposite reasons though)

 

4 hours ago, Snowman59 said:

 

Anyway for Syberia, I found the solution : in fact there are TWO folders for the saves, one in My Documents and the other in the HDD (E: in my case) and the saves are in first folder, so I just copy/ paste them in the folder the game load.

 

Glad to hear you found the problem^^

 

4 hours ago, Snowman59 said:

I'll go back after my small challenge in Dark Souls.

 

Good luck on that. Looking forward to hear your progress.^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished FF8 last night, could have completed it days ago but my 4th week in a row where I've worked 60+ hours grrrrr! Read Velvets Chronos: Before the Ashes trophy guide so that's what I'll begin later today. Vikings I'll get back to at some point, it's a bit grindy because of the challenges trophy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Respectable Inn said:

Finished FF8 last night, could have completed it days ago but my 4th week in a row where I've worked 60+ hours grrrrr! Read Velvets Chronos: Before the Ashes trophy guide so that's what I'll begin later today. Vikings I'll get back to at some point, it's a bit grindy because of the challenges trophy. 

those hours are never fun,  had to do that last week for my job as someone was out sick,  almost not worth the money for the taxes getting taken out from it.   I feel your pain man

 

 

Myself i am currently playing

 

Gta 3 Defenitive edition-  xbox one x

 

Resident evil 2- PS4 streaming it on twitch

 

Before i go to Georgia on wednesday for vacation i may also start up gta vice city DE on xbox and SPiderman Miles Morales on ps4 as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2022 at 6:49 AM, PedroVega said:

I am Also Playing Pokémon. Les Make Team with Me and Play Together.

Would You Like To Play With Me??? 

Sure man, message me your friend code! 

 

Still playing - 

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (standalone)

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond 

Rocket League 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, mcolwander90 said:

I'm going to start Yugioh Master Duel. It's F2P, but it's essentially their version of the Pokemon TCG sim, which from what I gather many Yugioh players wanted.

If only the Dragon Ball Super card game would get something like this...

 

Will you be able to get cards from codes inside real packs or is it gonna be microtransaction only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LionSquid said:

 

Will you be able to get cards from codes inside real packs or is it gonna be microtransaction only?


So far it looks like just microtransactions. I haven't looked too deeply into it, and no idea if the pack codes will be a thing (I really like that about Pokemon as it still gives incentive to buy irl stuff). You do get a bunch of cards to start with and PS+ users get some special packs that net 100 cards.

We'll see how long it takes to make the decks I want to make...

EDIT: To follow up, I'm actually super impressed with how much leeway they give you. First off, if you pull a SR or higher in the Master Duel packs, you can unlock a Secret Booster Pack based on that card. These packs are centered around specific archetypes (ex: Blue Eyes, Sky Striker, etc) and in those packs, you get ten cards with half centered around that archetype, which makes it super easy to build up a core. Once unlocked, these packs are available for 24 hours (100 gems for one pack, 1000 for ten).

But that's not the best part. You can dismantle your excess cards for +10 currency based off of that rarity (I forgot what they're technically called haha). For 30 of said currency, you can get ANY card you want of that rarity.

One of the decks I wanted to build was a Toon deck as I think it's the ultimate nostalgia deck. I've been trying to build it irl, but the remaining cards I need would set me back $200+ :( I was actually able to easily build that full deck without paying a dime. I probably could've built a meta deck instead, but lol.

Basically, you shouldn't feel the urge to spend money on this game. You should be able to build the exact deck you want day one without paying a dime. So far my experience is far better than most F2P/gacha games. Again, I'm impressed.

Edited by mcolwander90
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...