What game are you playing currently?

rhd

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I booted up The Persistence Enhanced for no other reason than boredom. Once you begin upgrading stuff it becomes easier. It looks kinda crap playing it on TV though. You can definitely tell it's a VR game. But it's been decent so far

It's definitely better once you know what you're doing, although you never really get used to the inventory.

2 hours ago, stpatty said:

It's definitely better once you know what you're doing, although you never really get used to the inventory.

Yeah I'm still not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to go. Just been doing runs and upgrading everything. A lot of the weapons are pretty useless though, even when you upgrade them.

Edited by The Alchemist

2 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah I'm still not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to go. Just been doing runs and upgrading everything. A lot of the weapons are pretty useless though, even when you upgrade them.

The only weapons that are any good are Ivy Serum, the Valkyrie, Gravity Bomb and Invisibility. The melee weapons are good too. The difficulty spikes when you get to a new floor are massive, so even though it's annoying it's worth doing complete sweeps of each floor and collecting all the chips and cells you can, your upgraded stats do make a difference once you know what you're doing. 

Buy the best gear you can at all times. I didn't realise you could press L1 to see your objectives until I was nearly done, that makes it a bit less confusing.

17 hours ago, Ivotas said:

What trophy was that for The Last of Us?

It was the trophy for engaging in all optional conversations.  I was in the Pittsburgh Suburbs section and I was supposed to start a conversation about a film poster but Ellie automatically took off in a different direction before I had a chance to lead her over to it.  When I trailed after her to try and get her to follow me back to where I wanted to be it triggered the next part of the story.  As such doing the restart encounter thing didn't help as it put me straight back at the point where this next story part of the game began.  Reloading my save also wasn't an option due to how the game is auto saving so often so it wiped my save pretty much straight away. 

This occurred during a 2nd new game plus playthrough though and I definitely had the poster conversation with Ellie on the 1st new game plus run so I'm hopeful I still may get the trophy towards the end of the current run.  (Perhaps it will remember that I got the conversation previously).  

9 hours ago, Respectable Inn said:

FF8 towards the end of disc 3. Going to do Obel Lake/PuPu/Heaven and Hell draw point farming and win my last card back from QoC. Getting there.

Triple Triad has got to be my favourite mini-game from any game I’ve ever played. Just a bit of a pain when those annoying rules start to spread which can’t be avoided.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PondNewt said:

It was the trophy for engaging in all optional conversations.  I was in the Pittsburgh Suburbs section and I was supposed to start a conversation about a film poster but Ellie automatically took off in a different direction before I had a chance to lead her over to it.  When I trailed after her to try and get her to follow me back to where I wanted to be it triggered the next part of the story.  As such doing the restart encounter thing didn't help as it put me straight back at the point where this next story part of the game began.  Reloading my save also wasn't an option due to how the game is auto saving so often so it wiped my save pretty much straight away. 

This occurred during a 2nd new game plus playthrough though and I definitely had the poster conversation with Ellie on the 1st new game plus run so I'm hopeful I still may get the trophy towards the end of the current run.  (Perhaps it will remember that I got the conversation previously).  

I figured it was that trophy. That one is very easy to get screwed over by the game. I remember doing multiple saves back then and even having back ups on the cloud. Don't remember if I actually needed them though. But iirc you will have to get all the conversations in one playthrough. Might be wrong on that though.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:59 PM, iLion said:

Triple Triad has got to be my favourite mini-game from any game I’ve ever played. Just a bit of a pain when those annoying rules start to spread which can’t be avoided.

All done with Triple Triad, it's the longest part of the game for sure. Random and Plus rule suck and trying to win/lose cards to the Queen AND trying to get her to move to a favourable location were annoying. Never did get her to go between Dollet and Balamb like every walk-through says, even by save scumming. She ALWAYS went to Deling City lol!

Edit: Just have Story, Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon left to do. Next port of call is the Lunatic Pandora at the end of disc 3.

Edited by Respectable Inn
Update

I finally checked out The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience on PS5. My mind was blown. Many parts looked more real than real life itself, but we are also reaching a point in character design that's touching the uncanny valley. I can't wait to see what games will look like in a couple of years!

Haven't played much the last week so still on an Unleashed playthrough in The Force Unleashed II.

Also got in to Destiny 2 again to finally get the 100%. Done the Last Wish raid so just need to play a shitload of Gambit to get the relevant seal and last trophy.

I'm playing the NA stack of Moss, which I snagged when Sony were doing the Play at Home thing. I love the game so I didn't mind jumping into it again for more trophies. I finished the story and the no death run so I just need to clean up a few miscellaneous trophies for the plat. I have a lot of VR games ready to go, so my plan is to binge everything as I've been putting off my VR backlog for too long now. 

• Like 1