What game are you playing currently?

rhd

5 hours ago, AshtimusPrime said:

Completed Soulstorm and of course got the bad ending. Now to replay levels to try and rescue everyone I can and get some miscellaneous trophies.

Even if it's the bad ending, well done, I haven't played an Oddworld game in a while (since the PS1 era actually) and they are quite challenging.

Edited by Snowman59

1 hour ago, Snowman59 said:

Even if it's the bad ending, well done, I haven't played an Oddworld game in a while (since the PS1 era actually) and they are quite challenging.

It's weird. They acknowledged that the first game was so challenging that many people didn't finish it, which they rectified in the remake in 2014. Yet this is a return to form as a couple of times I felt like rage quitting!

16 hours ago, AshtimusPrime said:

It's weird. They acknowledged that the first game was so challenging that many people didn't finish it, which they rectified in the remake in 2014. Yet this is a return to form as a couple of times I felt like rage quitting!

I confess I didn't finish Abe's Odyssey back in the days (more because of the lack of time -I got used to millimiter jumping and rolling mechanics-), I remember finishing the factory and arriving in the forest, where you have to prove you are the chosen one or something like that.

Anyway, it makes me want to play the original again and maybe finishing it this time (first without a walkthrough and then with one to save everyone).

Edited by Snowman59

6 minutes ago, Snowman59 said:

I confess I didn't finish Abe's Odyssey back in the days (more because of the lack of time -I got used to millimiter jumping and rolling mechanics-), I remember finishing the factory and arriving in the forest, where you have to prove you are the chosen one or something like that.

Anyway, it makes me want to play the original again and maybe finishing it this time (first without a walkthrough and then with one to save everyone).

I've been tempted to do the same and play Exoddus as well. Just need to figure out if I can hook up my PS1, haha.

17 hours ago, AshtimusPrime said:

But you are our Abe here at PST!

Save us Mudokons and guide when.... :francis:

4 hours ago, AshtimusPrime said:

I've been tempted to do the same and play Exoddus as well. Just need to figure out if I can hook up my PS1, haha.

Unless you still have a CRT television (or monitor), the best solution is PS2 + HDMI converter, the PS1 resolution is too low to be displayed on actual TV (but it's been a while I haven't checked, so maybe there is a PS1 to HDMI converter ?).

PS3 I don't know, with modern screens and the fact that PS1 is emulated, you might experience some delays in the controls (it's noticeable in Crash Bandicoot).

4 hours ago, Ashbo said:

But you are our Abe here at PST!

Save us Mudokons and guide when.... :francis:

Still not sure if I was going to write one but I'm planning for it just in case. Might take a while! :D

1 hour ago, Snowman59 said:

Unless you still have a CRT television (or monitor), the best solution is PS2 + HDMI converter, the PS1 resolution is too low to be displayed on actual TV (but it's been a while I haven't checked, so maybe there is a PS1 to HDMI converter ?).

PS3 I don't know, with modern screens and the fact that PS1 is emulated, you might experience some delays in the controls (it's noticeable in Crash Bandicoot).

I have my PS2 still as well, just forgot that was backwards compatible! Cheers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AshtimusPrime said:

Still not sure if I was going to write one but I'm planning for it just in case. Might take a while! :D

I have my PS2 still as well, just forgot that was backwards compatible! Cheers.

It'll be a bit before I get round to playing it duck. You have time. 😉

The more I play Valhalla, the more I feel like I'm playing The Witcher!!

The setting, music, weather system, story, characters and as i'm casually wandering through England defeating random enemies on paths and in fields etc that arent strory related, I can't but stop and think how badly (but unlikely it'll be) I want The Witcher 4 to happen!! 🙏

1 hour ago, Ashbo said:

The more I play Valhalla, the more I feel like I'm playing The Witcher!!

The setting, music, weather system, story, characters and as i'm casually wandering through England defeating random enemies on paths and in fields etc that arent strory related, I can't but stop and think how badly (but unlikely it'll be) I want The Witcher 4 to happen!! 🙏

Finally got round to it then!

I'm almost finished with the PS4 version of WRC 9 so I decided to go back and finish American Fugitive. I love the game itself but when my save got corrupted just as I was nearing the end, it left a sour taste in my mouth. Thankfully I had done the challenges and jumps so I'm free to speed through the story although I need to do the stash boxes again. It isn't too bad though as you can look up codes for the locked stashes so it's quick enough to do all of them.