The Cricket Thread

sevenpanda

pfft.

if it's gonna be like this all summer i'd be happier than it being one-sided tbh.

31-3 aus now.

jimmy anderson with a thing of beauty to get rid of clarke.

That delivery was incredible! After our innings, it couldn't have gone better. In a way, we benefitted from being bowled out early as we got a couple of hours at them in overcast conditions perfect for swinging. It's meant to be bright sunshine tomorrow, which will favour the batsmen.

And I'm glad it's not just me posting in here and "doing a Loftus" :D

So do you guys think are on top after day 1? I'd say its even. It was Australia on top after England's innings, but now its even I'd day after 4/75 for Australia. A 3/31 Australia were screwed but they did well not to lose a few more wickets after that and now they're in a decent position to challenge 200.

That delivery was incredible! After our innings, it couldn't have gone better. In a way, we benefitted from being bowled out early as we got a couple of hours at them in overcast conditions perfect for swinging. It's meant to be bright sunshine tomorrow, which will favour the batsmen.

And I'm glad it's not just me posting in here and "doing a Loftus" :D

:D

seen a few tweets from people there already and they're saying it's bright but muggy, so if it remains like that for a bit that won't do us any harm.

So do you guys think are on top after day 1? I'd say its even. It was Australia on top after England's innings, but now its even I'd day after 4/75 for Australia. A 3/31 Australia were screwed but they did well not to lose a few more wickets after that and now they're in a decent position to challenge 200.

me too, just about.

a few early wickets today though and we could be into the 3rd innings by the 2nd session of day two. :D

still fancy england at this point but if they're gonna play shots like they did yesterday (think england bowled a fair bit better than aus tbh & the figures flatter aus a bit) then they're gonna be the cause of their own downfall.

too many injudicious shots yesterday. they need to remember that there's no rush!

England have taken 3/6. Australia are in deep shit at 7/114.

Edit: 4/6 and 8/114. Wow.

Edit: now they've lost 5/9. Aren't they lucky for that partnership earlier lol.

a few early wickets today though and we could be into the 3rd innings by the 2nd session of day two.

Well, at least we made the drinks break. :p

Edited by JHChiBulls

a few early wickets today though and we could be into the 3rd innings by the 2nd session of day two. :D

or, even before lunch.

114-7 now. 2 for anderson and one for swann this morning.

also another drop off anderson's bowling. :mad:

OptaJim ‏@OptaJim 19h 20 - Since the 2010/11 Ashes, @JimmyAnderson9 has had the joint-most catches dropped off his bowling (20, along with R. Herath). Spilled.

make that 21.

and another wicket while i'm posting this.

114-8. :applause: :dance:

117-9 now. who said these aussies had a better tail than us? :D

another edit: only just realising too, this is with 3 bowlers. :D

what'll happen when we've got a full compliment fit and functioning?

Edited by katakuri

England have taken 3/6. Australia are in deep shit at 7/114.

Edit: 4/6 and 8/114. Wow.

Edit: now they've lost 5/9. Aren't they lucky for that partnership earlier lol.

Bloody Aussies and their backwards scoring system. You're like Americans with dates :chair:

That stumping was definitely out, bit surprised it was given not out. Need to polish them off before lunch!

Bloody Aussies and their backwards scoring system. You're like Americans with dates :chair:

That stumping was definitely out, bit surprised it was given not out. Need to polish them off before lunch!

Haha, have England just botched their golden opportunity to have a decent first innings lead here?

Haha, have England just botched their golden opportunity to have a decent first innings lead here?

clearly, yes.

finn's garbage spell and the 3rd ump decision has helped aus a lot, but fair play to agar, this is a brilliant knock on debut.

hope he gets his 50 tbh. he deserves it.

still not sure how aus'll cope on this pitch batting last, so no panic setting in here.

This is lAgar's debut and he's done great considering he's a teenager. Australia just levelled it up. Wow.

Australia made in to lunch at 9 down. An hour ago it looked like England would be 5 down in their second innings at lunch. :p

:D

get your point, but i'd bet pounds to pennies that there's no way they'll bat like that again, and i'm even more convinced now the kid's showing them how to play on this pitch.

Edited by katakuri

Definitely. The Aussie tail used to add 150-200+ runs to the total. You could trust the bottom 2 batsmen and a top order batsman to give the team a good score (Jason Gillespie 201 not out anyone?). Not anymore it sees.

Sorry guys. :D

Agar out on 98, with a shrug and a smile. Nice kid.

Edited by JHChiBulls

Pietersen just cannot stay patient. All that good work then to throw it away like that. Can't say much about Cook, that was a phenomenal catch. Running out of batsmen, there's only Prior after this who can put together a partnership.

If we can get a 250 lead I think we'd be favourites, but that's looking a long way off at the moment.

not looking too bad atm now. *awaits collapse*

also, if you consider that not only did aus get 170 runs more than they should have done (agar stumping) and trott (avg 40) was robbed to the extent that the icc have now apologised, this lead could and should have been 400+ by now.

there's not too much awry, just need the top order to click to guarantee big scores/batting once.