Final Fantasy XIII Treasure Hunter Guide

Archavia

Famous last words :p

Actually, everything went much better than expected. I remember that my save file had 3 maxed out characters, but I didnt remember the insane amount of stuff I had.

3 mil gil, all charms, a bunch of aqua rings and catalysts and also... get this... 11 trapezohedrons!!

By the looks of it this whole thing is a 1-2 hour job and most of that time will be spent checking what I am missing and what I have to buy to create all stuff!

Thanks guys! After 4 years this plat will be mine after all! :)

• 1 month later...

I sure don't get this thing. I'm 230% I've had every single thing in my game, and I'm not getting it. I did NOT install any of the custom XMBs on either of my accounts on my ps3, and Bhakti still says I missed something.

I'm guessing what they say is a lie and you DO have to get every single item at once, not just had them in the inventory at least once in the game. I will try this.

I sure don't get this thing. I'm 230% I've had every single thing in my game, and I'm not getting it. I did NOT install any of the custom XMBs on either of my accounts on my ps3, and Bhakti still says I missed something.

I'm guessing what they say is a lie and you DO have to get every single item at once, not just had them in the inventory at least once in the game. I will try this.

actually this trophy has a glitch cause after 3 ps3s, 5 accounts, and 7 complete replays and years of going all over the web looking for complete lists of items still no trophy and on my latest save i have every single item all at once not just weapons nd accessories but everything and in alot of cases several of each and that robot still says im missing something and i never have installed any themes

actually this trophy has a glitch cause after 3 ps3s, 5 accounts, and 7 complete replays and years of going all over the web looking for complete lists of items still no trophy and on my latest save i have every single item all at once not just weapons nd accessories but everything and in alot of cases several of each and that robot still says im missing something and i never have installed any themes

I got this trophy twice, on the ps3 and on the 360 without any replays. :p

I got this trophy twice, on the ps3 and on the 360 without any replays. :p

yes this is what the term glitch in games refers to not everyone experiences it but i only replayed so much because every time id end up with every item but no trophy id pop on sites like this and get told to delete my game and retry, try on another system, delete my saves etc and im about ready to just call it quits because im looking at all this work and no trophy its rediculous

actually this trophy has a glitch cause after 3 ps3s, 5 accounts, and 7 complete replays and years of going all over the web looking for complete lists of items still no trophy and on my latest save i have every single item all at once

yes this is what the term glitch in games refers to not everyone experiences it

Unless there's something wrong with your game disk itself, then, doesn't it seem kind of implausible that it is affecting you specifically every single time across multiple playthroughs, accounts, and systems? Especially when the glitch, if there is one, is not common enough to be a well known issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to add that you can farm Perovskite from the Sanctum Templars in the final area of Orphans Cradle. I usually do my last CP grinding before post game there and normally rack up enough to upgrade everything. Obviously you must not have beaten the final boss in order to use this method but it can save a million gil in the process :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks so much for this excellent guide. This game sat on my pile for years because I was afraid of this trophy. Your guide made this nightmare as manageable as possible, though it was still the worst grind I've ever done. Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

Hopefully I'm not the only one who's playing it again (after so many years).

And it's somewhat curious, by the time I have enough money to transmute at least all my accessoires and a few weapons, I already had enough Trapezohedrons to transmute weapons that need it. But here's the thing that's really a pain in the ass: Even though I have the material, I lack money. I think making money in that game is even harder than getting every material. Just my opionion. I need around 2 million gil if I want to get all missing materials (or endless farming, nothing new to me). I just mean the catalysts, but I need components as well. So I need a lot of more money. I'm glad that I haven't sold everything but needless components and already have 6 ultimate weapons (for each character).

But you know what? After every sixth or tenth Adamantoise, he drops a Trapezohedron. An Adamantoise, not a Long Gui!

Then again why have they introduced Long Gui and made the droprate of Trapezohedron to 5% base but haven't increased at least the droprate of Platinum Ingots to well I guess 50% or so? In other words, before finishing the 5 star trophy I'll currently farm the Adamantoise before the Hall of Eden. One fight takes around 2 minutes, reloading... let's say five minutes max. When I'm finished with getting enough Platinum Ingots (will stop at 30!) I'll hunt down Perowskites.

You know I really like to see Lightning using Army of One against Adamantoise, there are a many people saying Gladius (and any upgrade) is her worst choice of weapon, but she can deal incredible high damage. Even though Sazh's Blitz or Vanille's Death may be quicker or are dealing more damage, her animation is the best!

And yet a word of gratitude, you've put a lot of work and I was saving your guide as well. It's awesome. Although just as I told, I didn't have to use the Trapezohedron trick and I always have to think about what those names (weapons and accessoires) could mean in German (e.g. Axis Blade is called "Auratus-Sturmklinge" ).

I assume you got some of those trapezohedra by disassembling maxed out weapons. For some reason I didn't do that, and I had basically enough money from farming the Adamantoise in Eden by the time I had 6 trapezohedra.

However, here's something that may speed things up a little for you. Figure out how much money you need as well as how much your current gear (those items you don't still need to upgrade) is worth. First grind out the difference between those two numbers. Then make a backup save and sell everything. You'll get a pretty huge sum of money from that, use that for your final upgrades. But the backup save is critical here, you don't want to get screwed if you mess up the accounting and don't have everything you need.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my Treasure Hunter trophy yesterday thanks to this guide. Going back to this game after so many years was a challenge, but since I had been keeping hold of everything I picked up and ticked it all off against this walkthrough it was really handy.

I'll be happy that I wont need to grind more money any longer!

Nearly had a small heart attack when the trophy didn't pop after making my last weapon xD ... then I read the bit about travelling to speak to the robot lol.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How close do you guys reckon I am? I have 65 hours played, 4.5 million gil, currently farming the Adamantoise and doing the CP farm simultaneously to power up my characters to max (and fill up the TP after fighting two turtles).

Still need to buy a lot of upgrade material, so I'm estimating that I need somewhere around 6 million gil. Fortunately, I don't need to do too much for Trapezehedrons. I got five of those to drop naturally while doing my tortoise farming already.

Also, I have about 75% of Cie'th missions complete. Just need to do three more Titan's trials paths, and a few 50-60 missions.

Edited by Valyrious

• 3 weeks later...
3.5: Vanille's Rods

Heavenly Axis

Buy: Gilgamesh, Inc. - 24,000 Gil

EXP Required to Upgrade (★): 54,800

Components Required: 36x Sturdy Bones, 33x Superconductors

Components Cost: 30,600 Gil

Catalyst: Uraninite

Abraxas

EXP Required to Upgrade (★): 334,656

Components Required: 36x Sturdy Bones, 3x Ultracompact Reactors

Components Cost: 152,880 Gil

Catalyst: Trapezohedron

Transmuting Alicanto gives Caladrius, not Abraxas. :think:

If you want Abraxas, transmute Heavenly Axis.

• 1 month later...

Dunno if mentioned as of yet or not, but to acquire the Sylphid Ring requires transmutation of the Gale Ring, not another Blaze Ring as described/written per the guide.

Just thought I'd toss out the necessary correction should anyone become momentarily boggled by it as I myself was... but, otherwise, a truly exception guide that obviously demanded an absurd amount of time and effort on the OP's part. Thanks so much for all that hard work!

Dunno if mentioned as of yet or not, but to acquire the Sylphid Ring requires transmutation of the Gale Ring, not another Blaze Ring as described/written per the guide.

Just thought I'd toss out the necessary correction should anyone become momentarily boggled by it as I myself was... but, otherwise, a truly exception guide that obviously demanded an absurd amount of time and effort on the OP's part. Thanks so much for all that hard work!

That's the problem with mass copy-pasting, I miss a few things :p All fixed.

• 7 months later...
do i have to get all the tier 1 2 weapon? i did all the things in the guide and talk to bhaki, still didnt get the achievement :confused:

i can do some screenshot if u need em

You don't need to have them all in your inventory, but you will have to have acquired them all at least once. So if there's any Tier 1/2 weapons you've never owned, get them.