Rate the trophy difficulty...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.93

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd put it between a 2 & 3, The game takes longer than the guide suggests (for me at least), The photos are incredibly frustrating at times. Still worth a play though, Good fun :)

I also went with a 3. Unfortunately the guide isn't all that helpful or accurate. This is probably a 10 hour plat for most people, and it is a minimum 2 playthrough.

Add to the frustration, I had to do Careful Climber 5 times before it popped :mad:

As you point out, some of the photos are very buggy, and have an extremely narrow window to be captured.

One thing that I've not seen documented anywhere, you can turn the pages at any time to jump to the part where you need to replay for a photo or trophy. But, if you need to change chapters, close the book to the back cover to go back to the chapter select menu.

• 1 month later...
I also went with a 3. Unfortunately the guide isn't all that helpful or accurate. This is probably a 10 hour plat for most people, and it is a minimum 2 playthrough.

Add to the frustration, I had to do Careful Climber 5 times before it popped :mad:

As you point out, some of the photos are very buggy, and have an extremely narrow window to be captured.

One thing that I've not seen documented anywhere, you can turn the pages at any time to jump to the part where you need to replay for a photo or trophy. But, if you need to change chapters, close the book to the back cover to go back to the chapter select menu.

Uh... except that I totally did mention the free chapter/page selection?

Step Two: Cleanup and Photo Assignments

Now you can get to work on any trophies you missed and start the photo assignments. After finishing the storyline, all pages of all three chapters will be available to you. You move between chapters by gently tilting the (closed) Wonderbook to either the left or right, and can flip between pages on the fly as necessary.

In other news, I gave it a 3, in keeping with my personal estimate. And I made some small changes to the guide. I hope you find it more helpful now!

Edited by yellowmage

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would rate it a simple 2 (only Walking Dead gets a 1; maybe Cabela's Adventure Camp...); however, because of the annoyance factor of a couple of glitchy trophies and trouble with photos registering... I'm going to bump this to a rating of 3.

The game is mostly dirt-easy. The rage, though. The rage from having to repeat a two minute conversation for a 1-second window to take a photo that does not register... CURSES!

Edited by MrMinderbinder

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted 8, and not ashamed to admit it. Easily the most frustrating game I've ever played, you need the precision of a neurosurgeon, insane luck and often that still isn't enough for those fucking photos.

I hope the person responsible for programming Photo Opportunities burns.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

5/10 for me. Man those photo assignments are a little nightmare...add some glitches, angle issues and fast time frames to that and you get the perfect recipe for total annoyance. Some trophies in the likes of Monkey Basher and Careful Climber were a mess. Really hard when you want to smash a monkey and you end up hammering the whole book...

The game is fun for a while, but all these things start to add up and in the end it might get in your nerves.