PS4 FAQ - What We Know

Vyrastas

After a quick Google search with no good results:

Has anyone heard anything else regarding peripheral support for headsets? I've been looking at a few so I can game (on the PS3) late at night without disturbing anyone, but I don't want to plunk down $100 for a headset that can't be used on both.

Of course, compatibility could be a moot point depending on the quality of the stereo headset jack on the DS4. I've played with muted or low sound for so long on the PS3 that I could just keep doing that...

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a quick Google search with no good results:

Has anyone heard anything else regarding peripheral support for headsets? I've been looking at a few so I can game (on the PS3) late at night without disturbing anyone, but I don't want to plunk down $100 for a headset that can't be used on both.

Of course, compatibility could be a moot point depending on the quality of the stereo headset jack on the DS4. I've played with muted or low sound for so long on the PS3 that I could just keep doing that...

There's no info so far. I personally see no reason current headsets shouldn't be supported, but then go make that same statement to Sony's competitor.

Hopefully E3 will tell us about this type of thing.

There's no info so far. I personally see no reason current headsets shouldn't be supported, but then go make that same statement to Sony's competitor.

Hopefully E3 will tell us about this type of thing.

I would hope Bluetooth headsets will still be supported, especially the current ones Sony sells. Despite moving to the Xbox-model of plug-in headsets, which I like as well.

Ps5 better allow bc. Lots of hassle switching consoles every time. Gotta be skeptical when purchasing digital titles specially.

There really is no money in making backwards compatibility hardware anymore. Especially the PS3 Cell, that would skyrocket the PS4 cost if they had to include that chip. Forget software-emulation, that is R&D time they can spend on future, profitable PS4 development instead.

I would hope Bluetooth headsets will still be supported, especially the current ones Sony sells. Despite moving to the Xbox-model of plug-in headsets, which I like as well.

There really is no money in making backwards compatibility hardware anymore. Especially the PS3 Cell, that would skyrocket the PS4 cost if they had to include that chip. Forget software-emulation, that is R&D time they can spend on future, profitable PS4 development instead.

Yeah I get ps3 to 4, I'm saying 5. And maybe even improve on gaikais supposed bc support

I've seen a couple articles pop up about the camera being sold separately now too. It kind of contradicts the talk back in February but considering the backlash Microsoft has been getting about Big Brother Kinect, its possible Sony will offer a Camera-Free SKU or have just dropped the camera to a non-included accessory altogether to assure the public that Sony isn't making the same hilarious choices as Microsoft. The general market is dumb, and knowing Kinect is mandatory, they'll see the PS4 with a camera and think its mandatory there too after all.

Yeah I think it makes more business sense to simply not include the camera. They can sell the PS4 at an even lower price and avoid the Big Brother deal as you said. I'm going to adjust the FAQ... we'll see what happens next week.

Yeah I think it makes more business sense to simply not include the camera. They can sell the PS4 at an even lower price and avoid the Big Brother deal as you said. I'm going to adjust the FAQ... we'll see what happens next week.

Yeah, it could go any way at this point. Hopefully Monday clears everything up.

Not sure if this was left worded this way intentionally, but it does sort of contradict the "Package" section of the FAQ.

Peripheral Compatibility. You will be able to use PS3 Move controllers on the PS4. It will use the new PS Eye that we expect to be included with the system.

On the in-game video recording, developers can choose to disable it at crucial points to avoid videos of spoilers. Wasn't sure if anyone pointed that out:

PS4's Share Button Can Be Disabled By Devs To Stop Gamers Posting Spoilers

I actually like that. But I don't think they care about the spoilers as much as the free viewership that will result from sharing.

Made some updates based on E3 info.

Not sure if this was left worded this way intentionally, but it does sort of contradict the "Package" section of the FAQ.

Thanks, that's been fixed.

On the in-game video recording, developers can choose to disable it at crucial points to avoid videos of spoilers. Wasn't sure if anyone pointed that out:

PS4's Share Button Can Be Disabled By Devs To Stop Gamers Posting Spoilers

Added.

Edited by Vyrastas

500 GB hard drive on the PS4. Dualshock 4 costs $59, €59 and £54. Console is HDMI only (so long HD-PVR 1212 owners).

PS4's HDD is upgradeable like the PS3's.

No Region locking.

Add in price tag of AUD549 for our friends down under.

One PS Plus account will activate online play for all sub-accounts on the same system.

Pay to play online (pretty much straight from the lion's mouth).

Edited by EEHHHHHH

PS4 looks amazing(10x better than the Xbox One crap), but as an Xbox 360 fan, I'm not too excited about that controller. Hopefully an adapter will eventually come out so I can use the Xbox controller on it. Either that or some third party will make a high quality xbox-like controller. But third party controllers suck 99% of the time so who knows.

500GB hard drive on the PS4. Dualshock 4 costs $59, €59 and £54. It is HDMI only (so long HD PVR1 owners).

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

It seems each PS4 will initially come with a 500GB HDD, a headset, and an HDMI cable included

Specs Sheet Says The PS4 Has A 500GB Hard Drive, Camera Not Included

The hard drive is 500 GB and there may be other sizes at launch:

E3 2013: PlayStation 4 Comes with 500GB Hard Drive, Other Models a Possibility - IGN

Chill guys, he not online to update. Plus the same thing has been posted three times. Relax. Relax. :)